Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It would have to be a bonus laden contract to reach near that amount.

Vegas is offering 2 his camp wants 4, even though he hasn't played a game in the NHL

I don't see anyone paying that, but who knows. EJ hradek compared his talent level to that of Panarin, and he really likes him and he's usually spot on.

With things as they stand, Bruins can't really be in on it anyway, but he is an intriguing player. If by some miracle Backes and one of Moore/Miller is moved, he might be worth taking a flyer on.

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
7ozb853kse001.jpg

BIIIG negative. But so is Backes.

HAHAHAHAHHA! Best picture!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Plus Rask is "soft as butter" or whatever the catchphrase of the week is :laugh: DIdn't he have injury problems? At 28 I can't imagine he's gone off the Backes cliff just yet :dunno: He's a center, so where does he fit, and has that extra year of $4mil cap hit. So we get out from Backes (yay!) but give up a pick/prospect to save $2 mil. Unless he's bought out. I

I see Backes is working on his speed so maybe he becomes the player we expected

giphy.gif

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
They could fit him, but is it worth moving out a player to bring him in when he hasn't played an nhl game yet?
I'd say yes - this guy is going to be Panarin good. Just look at his stats last season vs. the next highest guy on his team, I believe he outpaced them by 30-40 points. The trouble is the guys they need to get rid of no one is going to take for free, especially with the prices McPhee charged people during the expansion draft to not take their guy.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'd say yes - this guy is going to be Panarin good. Just look at his stats last season vs. the next highest guy on his team, I believe he outpaced them by 30-40 points. The trouble is the guys they need to get rid of no one is going to take for free, especially with the prices McPhee charged people during the expansion draft to not take their guy.
Some interesting names on that team too / Yakupov, Datsyuk, Podkoizin got a couple games too.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Although now that I think of it...

Who are the natural C on OTT?

Tkachuk
Tierney
Pageau
White

Would Backes make a good mentor for Tkachuk...who grew up watching him and is friends of the family?

Zboril, Backes plus maybe something else could entice Melnyk. Maybe he'd even give us a useful piece back.

Zboril and Chabot were pretty dominant together in the Q.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yep that is the risk with the Russian players.

Risk? Well worth it. If he bolts back to Russia then he and Team X will have to mutually agree to terminate his contract because of the NHL/KHL understanding on signing players already under contract. And the cap hit magically (ok not really magically) disappears.

So, is it really a risk?

Vegas saying they have been underwhelmed so far with offers for Gusev mostly a 2nd rd. pick and either low end prospect or a lower pick. I can't see teams lining up to pay a big price for this guy and then pay him $4m a year for someone who has proven nothing yet in the NHL. If you were Sweeney and trying to get this guy what is the most you offer? I would maybe trade for him, but not giving up 1st or 2nd rd. picks in a deep draft, rather trade a roster player and prospect(s) maybe something like Nordstrom + Zboril + JFK.

Here's the link https://www.tsn.ca/report-underwhel...gas-golden-knights-rfa-nikita-gusev-1.1335913

It would have to be a bonus laden contract to reach near that amount.

Vegas is offering 2 his camp wants 4, even though he hasn't played a game in the NHL

I don't see anyone paying that, but who knows. EJ hradek compared his talent level to that of Panarin, and he really likes him and he's usually spot on.

Not eligible for bonuses, and there are teams willing to pay it.

I say bring him on!! They can make the cap work at $4 million and still sign Carlo and McAvoy.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Backes for Zach Smith makes so much sense. With a sweetener from us. I believe Backes is actually owed less actual dollars then Smith. Smith could really be an asset on the 3rd line. Gritty. Tough. Plays center and wing. Good on the PK. He actually had a positive +\- going into March which on that team is amazing.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
However, Dom seems high on him so what the heck do I know.

Don't sell yourself short. Just because I like a player, well that's no reason for anyone else to like that player.

I don't think he could play with Bergeron or Marchand, but he could play with Krejci and DeBrusk. And he could improve that second PP unit so the Bruins wouldn't be so dependant on the first unit.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Don't sell yourself short. Just because I like a player, well that's no reason for anyone else to like that player.

I don't think he could play with Bergeron or Marchand, but he could play with Krejci and DeBrusk. And he could improve that second PP unit so the Bruins wouldn't be so dependant on the first unit.

If he is that good the Bruins need to do it. The top 6 winger hole is literally the only flaw in this roster and has been for years. Quick fix.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Backes for Zach Smith makes so much sense. With a sweetener from us. I believe Backes is actually owed less actual dollars then Smith. Smith could really be an asset on the 3rd line. Gritty. Tough. Plays center and wing. Good on the PK. He actually had a positive +\- going into March which on that team is amazing.

But does Backes waive for Ottawa?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think Vegas is expecting anyone who wants to trade for Gusev has to take a big contract off their hands at the same time.

You can probably get 2 really good players for a reasonable price maybe Stasny or Smith. But who do we throw into a deal like that they want.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
I think Vegas is expecting anyone who wants to trade for Gusev has to take a big contract off their hands at the same time.

You can probably get 2 really good players for a reasonable price maybe Stasny or Smith. But who do we throw into a deal like that they want.

they'll need middle six players signed to reasonable deals.... ala kuraly or heinen. not suggesting we dangle either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad