Boston Bruins All Bruins Trade Proposals: Off-Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If Grzelcyk is in the package then Kreider should be signed before being traded... I would hate to lose Grzelcyk for a year of Kreider. I’d hate to lose Grzelcyk period but I get it.

If you don’t get him signed it could blow up in your face quick

No Gryz, Kreider and Krug hit open market, Chara retires...now you’re banking on Moore, Lauzon, Vaaka with the expansion draft around the corner. Not an ideal situation to be in.

Grzelcyk is a guy I would be really hesitant to trade. Look no further than Winnipeg having a super strong defense and now without Trouba, Myers and Chiarot.

They have a thread about who their number 3 defensemen will be...things can change quick.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Moving Gryz out now would be madness. At least one of the Providence guys needs to stick and prove he can be at least as good as Gryz on the left side. Otherwise, you are looking at @CellyHard 's scenario and that would be ugly. I guess I'd trade Gryz straight up for a signed Kreider :naughty:, but it would be risky. As part of a package, no thanks.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I don’t think you see Miller dealt until Carlo AND McAvoy signed

I agree ,but once Carlo and McAvoy are signed and Miller returns to full health . I think you almost have to trade Miller. On the right side you have five NHL D and that is one too many in a cap world. The signing of Kamper tell's me someone is moving on. The Bruins have at least one significant, I think two trades ,before we as fans can get an idea of what next years team may look like.

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Being the wings are in rebuild mode, what assets would you be willing to give up for Detroit to take backes off your hands?

This would make it very easy for you to re-sign your players.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Being the wings are in rebuild mode, what assets would you be willing to give up for Detroit to take backes off your hands?

This would make it very easy for you to re-sign your players.

I really don't see Yzerman doing this and Backes would have to accept the trade to Detroit. The wings also don't have a lot of cap space, they would have to move a player or two out as well, which could end up being like robbing peter to save the Bruins. So would it really be worth it for the wings?

If i'm Boston sure, I would try to do something and although its a 6 mil cap hit, the wings would only have to actually pay Backes 1 mil this year and 4 mil next but payers who I feel the Bruins would be interested in, coming back to make it work Cap wise are players Im sure Yzerman doesn't want to move. I just don't see a realistic fit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I agree ,but once Carlo and McAvoy are signed and Miller returns to full health . I think you almost have to trade Miller. On the right side you have five NHL D and that is one too many in a cap world. The signing of Kamper tell's me someone is moving on. The Bruins have at least one significant, I think two trades ,before we as fans can get an idea of what next years team may look like.
Seems it

They got 5 NHL right shot D

McAvoy, Carlo, & Clifton are between 21-24

Kampfer is a super insurance plan for both injuries & holdouts

We all love Miller and at 100% he plays. He’s been injury prone and on last year of contract

Top 2018 pick Axel Andersson likely plays in QMJHL

On the face of it Shirley looks like they have a plan in place

Reactions: bme44

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
With a little different perspective this offseason given these playoffs, I can't fully grasp what people would truly 'expect'... Ultimately I think DS has done a terrific job filling out the roster, and he's just paying the price for a terrible free agent signing (Backes) and the fact he doesn't have any high-end talent in the farm (mostly a byproduct of always being decent). So honestly, I don't see that he has many options.

This idea that he doesn't have many options bugs me. Folks said Dubas didn't have many options either, and that this off-season would be the end of the Leafs resurgence but now they're arguably better than they were. Dubas did what he had to do to create cap space. He dealt a pick to move an immovable player, he made hockey trades that moved money from the forwards to the defense... I know the pick hurt but I think most here would part with that pick if it meant seeing this core get another kick at the can.

And Sweeney does have options. They could deal a defenseman from the roster for a RW. They could deal a LW from the roster for a RW. They could deal a prospect or pair of prospects from the system for a RW. I know you're not high on their prospects but I don't know why.

Vaak has no value? The #1D on the WJC champs. Keyser has no value? The best goalie in the CHL. Studnicka has no value? Big, talented center who scored at a 108 pt clip after he was traded to a team with more offensive talent. They've got almost all of their picks. We've seen NHL players traded for lesser prospects and mid-range picks. They don't have to get a superstar, just someone of similar age and upside who, like Vaak, has shown he can play. Again, a hockey trade.

I'm holding out hope that Sweeney's lack of action wasn't because he felt like he didn't have any options but rather because he has a better idea... like coercing Backes into a Marian Hossa type of pseudo-retirement.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How hard exactly is it to convert a guy from LW to RW? Is it that some guys can do it easily and others would struggle?

It seems like everyone on the market is a LW, but we have Marchand and Debrusk already. Kreider on that Krejci line would be gangbusters, but would he or Debrusk be able to play RW without hindering their productivity?
Well, given Kreider’s production, you could slide DeBrusk to third line left wing and not have to worry about his playing his off side.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don’t see him traded until he shows he’s fully recovered from kneecap injuries. That means November at the earliest.
with you there and the biggest issue with Miller is this is hardly an isolated injury, hasn`t played more than what? 71 games since joining the B`s

The guy just plays a tough style and his body has taken it`s toll, not sure too many teams are lined up to grab him

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
with you there and the biggest issue with Miller is this is hardly an isolated injury, hasn`t played more than what? 71 games since joining the B`s

The guy just plays a tough style and his body has taken it`s toll, not sure too many teams are lined up to grab him

My counter is that you could sub “McQuaid” into that sentence.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mancini0518

Jan 26, 2008
MA
I don't think the Bruins are going to make a big trade at this point and just get their guys signed and hope they have the answer internal

I hope thats possible but i dont think they have the room unless Mcavoy or Carlo take a bit of a discount

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I like Kreider but not enough to give up Gryz for him. He’s also another LW and has really only ever played LW. Solves 0 problems on this team. There has to be a RW that is worth giving up a similar package for. I’m done rebuilding the Rags. They can figure it out without help from Boston.

Kreider on the left side of Krejci solves a lot of problems. Kreider/Krejci/Kuhlman or Ritchie with DeBrusk/Coyle/Heinen is a much improved roster.

Won't give Gryz for him though. Thats trading one problem for another.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like Kreider but not enough to give up Gryz for him. He’s also another LW and has really only ever played LW. Solves 0 problems on this team. There has to be a RW that is worth giving up a similar package for. I’m done rebuilding the Rags. They can figure it out without help from Boston.

Krieder Krejci Pasta
Marchand Bergeron Heinen
DeBrusk Coyle XXX

Disagree. I am very OK with Heinen playing the Recchi role on the Bergeron line if the Krejci line is a real 1st line offensively.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Kreider on the left side of Krejci solves a lot of problems. Kreider/Krejci/Kuhlman or Ritchie with DeBrusk/Coyle/Heinen is a much improved roster.

Won't give Gryz for him though. Thats trading one problem for another.

I think it’s using a position of strength to address a position of weakness.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad