Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
You can LTIR someone at any time. It's just a matter of when do you want to take the cap relief.

You can LTIR in the off-season if you need to get compliant for Day 1. But whatever space you have on Day 1 is all you have for the season and makes signings and trades difficult.

If you get compliant with your LTIR player on the active roster and make the move on Day 1 you get the benefit of cap flexibility to improve the team during the season as the LTIR amount is now your cap space

The Bruins with Savard chose option 2
Yeah I guess I should have worded it the way you did here, but pretty much what I meant to say. Ideally the Bruins can deal Backes to a team looking to put him on LTIR and then we get rid of his contract completely.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
So option 1: McAvoy and Carlo miss camp completely and pre-season. Day 1 of the season, best case scenario, Backes, Moore and Miller get LTIR'd and both sign?
Option 2: Trade Backes contract now and have 13 million to sign both dmen which should be more than enough, LTIR Moore and Miller to start the season and have over 4 mill in cap space?

I'm not a cap expert so here are my follow questions:
1) If any or all of those 3 players go on LTIR day 1 of the season, do we have their full salary towards cap relief? IE Backes goes on LTIR and we gain 6 million? All three go on and we gain 11 million?
2) Why doesn't one get signed before camp to ensure both aren't missing camp and pre-season? I know its still August but we're less than 30 calendar days from the first pre-season game. One would assume there's a master plan but if both miss camp and all of pre-season, that's plain right down stupidity.
3) Does anyone think we're going to get hit with a out of nowhere move to become cap complaint in order to sign McAvoy/Carlo? IE: Krejci trade? Krug trade? Coyle trade?

Reactions: Strafer

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
So option 1: McAvoy and Carlo miss camp completely and pre-season. Day 1 of the season, best case scenario, Backes, Moore and Miller get LTIR'd and both sign?
Option 2: Trade Backes contract now and have 13 million to sign both dmen which should be more than enough, LTIR Moore and Miller to start the season and have over 4 mill in cap space?

I'm not a cap expert so here are my follow questions:
1) If any or all of those 3 players go on LTIR day 1 of the season, do we have their full salary towards cap relief? IE Backes goes on LTIR and we gain 6 million? All three go on and we gain 11 million?
2) Why doesn't one get signed before camp to ensure both aren't missing camp and pre-season? I know its still August but we're less than 30 calendar days from the first pre-season game. One would assume there's a master plan but if both miss camp and all of pre-season, that's plain right down stupidity.
3) Does anyone think we're going to get hit with a out of nowhere move to become cap complaint in order to sign McAvoy/Carlo? IE: Krejci trade? Krug trade? Coyle trade?
I still think DS may be trying to move Backes and Miller without dealing a 1st or 2nd round pick and without giving one of maybe 5 prospects. I think he is willing to deal certain prospects like Senyshen, Zboril, JFK and maybe even Frederic if need be.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I know it’s just one opinion (The Hockey News) but I feel some folks here underestimate Torey Krugs value in this league.
upload_2019-8-20_18-43-29.jpeg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I know it’s just one opinion (The Hockey News) but I feel some folks here underestimate Torey Krugs value in this league.
View attachment 250589
And should be ranked higher -- Subban being ranked above McAvoy and Krug is laughable after the joke of a season he just had. Which reminds me, I cancelled my sub to the Hockey News 3 months ago and they still have not sent my refund.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
View attachment 250589

I would argue it’s more than just “some” folks.

He has transformed this team and exemplifies what it is to be a Bruin. Some will always dislike him or hold a bias because of his size but the guy gives 100% every night and is one hell of a player.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
At this point I’m lead to believe Sweeney is trying to get Carlo and McAvoy on short term deals for shorter money. Giving this same squad one more chance to make a run. While Krug still here, with Backes (because Sweeney will not include a 1st round pick to dump him).

Heading into 2020/ 2021 season, I think we see a substantially different (younger) roster than what we see now. I think Bergeron & Marchand will be the only players of the “old guard” who will remain.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
At this point I’m lead to believe Sweeney is trying to get Carlo and McAvoy on short term deals for shorter money. Giving this same squad one more chance to make a run. While Krug still here, with Backes (because Sweeney will not include a 1st round pick to dump him).

Heading into 2020/ 2021 season, I think we see a substantially different (younger) roster than what we see now. I think Bergeron & Marchand will be the only players of the “old guard” who will remain.

This is a possibility, but I'd also say that Rask is included in this group as well. Krejci also, but could become a trade candidate. Chara is a retirement candidate.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Would anyone do a Carlo + Debrusk for Tkachuk swap?
The basis for a trade is there, I would want Calgary to sweeten it, maybe Pospisil or another b prospect? I love Tkachuk and the idea of teams dealing with Tkachuk and Marchand every other shift on the left side would make me very happy.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
tsn.ca reporting Werenski looking for a 3 year deal at roughly 5 million per. He will probably sign for 4.5 per imo. Does this set the bar for Mcavoy? I think it is fair. Go 3 years with Mac and long term with Carlo for 6 years at 4-4.25 per

Reactions: don and bbfan419

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Now that Minnesota has signed Eriksson this seems like it could be a possibility.

Backes and a 2nd for Rask.

Create $2m in cap space. See if Rask can bounce back. If not his buyout costs $1.33m against the cap going forward.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
"They aren't perfect, so they can't be the best". Nice logic there.

The Athletic did an analysis and Boston came out well ahead.

The really big blow which everyone knows was 2015 but they did salvage it to a degree by getting Carlo in the 2'nd round.

2014 - Pasta, Donato, Heinen, Bjork
2015 - enough said
2016 Franchise D in Mac - Steen?
2017 - Vaak and Stud

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Multiple deletions.

Please stay on topic - trades.

No more past draft posts.

If you want to discuss past drafts search the board for that appropriate thread.

Reactions: don

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

Now that Minnesota has signed Eriksson this seems like it could be a possibility.

Backes and a 2nd for Rask.

Create $2m in cap space. See if Rask can bounce back. If not his buyout costs $1.33m against the cap going forward.

Why would Minnesota do this though? Both are bad players with 2 years left except Backes makes an extra 2 million per year. We would definitely have to include a prospect or second round pick at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad