Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Was simply lamenting the loss of two tough players who took tons of grief here from some, Randell more than McQuaid obviously.

I would sign McQuaid to a two way deal for this season at a million a year in a heartbeat.

I don’t think anyone would really complain about that kind of deal for McQuaid. He was almost universally beloved here

Reactions: BBruins

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Does a David Backes for Marcus Foligno trade make sense for either team?
Approx, the same amount of real money exchanging, both 2 years remaining, we save 3.125 in cap space the next two seasons
Backes is a Minnesota boy, perhaps they feel he could add some leadership in their room. I would imagine we'd have to add a B level prospect

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I doubt it. Foligno is 28 and may be able to contribute something in his last two years whereas Backes is 35 and appears to be toast. Good for us with the cap savings. But, unless the player going to Minnesota is better than a B prospect, I can’t see what the Wild gets out of it, home state boy and all.

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This is scary. He is cast out by the hapless Oilers but he's good enough for the SCF Bruins. Only way that makes any sense is if we foresee an issue with McAvoy and Carlo signing.
Depth for Providence, big, willing but not very good fighter. Would have taken McQuaid before Petrovic.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Does a David Backes for Marcus Foligno trade make sense for either team?
Approx, the same amount of real money exchanging, both 2 years remaining, we save 3.125 in cap space the next two seasons
Backes is a Minnesota boy, perhaps they feel he could add some leadership in their room. I would imagine we'd have to add a B level prospect
It would cost on top of Backes, maybe a mid tier prospect or a second or third round pick. In Terms of talent I think it would be a good move, Backes may waive to go home to Minnesota and Foligno is a big body that plays physical that a change of scenery may help. Foligno-Kuraly-Wagner is a decent fourth line.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Depth for Providence, big, willing but not very good fighter. Would have taken McQuaid before Petrovic.

What's the deal with McQuaid? Last I heard was from his agent who was expressing concern about the concussion he suffered at the hands of that rat Shaw. It was early summer and he was still dealing with the effects. His agent said something to the effect of , and I'm paraphrasing, " all we're concerned with is getting him healthy , never mind him playing hockey". Sounded pretty serious.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Ya, I get that, what's scary is that there is no need for him, unless perhaps they foresee issues arising with McAvoy or Carlo or both.
I know Sweeney doesn't let much leak, unlike Chiarelli with his pet Haggs, but the lack of any word on negotiations between the team and McAvoy and Carlo is concerning. I fear they may pull an old hard line Sinden move and say that they are not eligible for arbitration that here is your offer take it or leave it or they could be waiting to truly begin negotiations until the Backes contract/LTIR/trade whatever occurs.

Either way without McAvoy or Carlo maybe holding out and an injured Miller they need bodies on the right side.

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What's the deal with McQuaid? Last I heard was from his agent who was expressing concern about the concussion he suffered at the hands of that rat Shaw. It was early summer and he was still dealing with the effects. His agent said something to the effect of , and I'm paraphrasing, " all we're concerned with is getting him healthy , never mind him playing hockey". Sounded pretty serious.
I knew he had the concussion from Shaw I was not aware of the seriousness of it. That's really too bad, Adam deserved a better season than he had last year, especially if it winds up being his last. Hopefully he gets healthy and is able to play. If not I would look at him as a coach, maybe start him in the ECHL but I feel he would be a great addition to the staff at any level.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I know Sweeney doesn't let much leak, unlike Chiarelli with hos pet Haggs, but the lack of any word on negotiations between the team and McAvoy and Carlo is concerning. I fear they may pull an old hard line Sinden move and say that they are not eligible for arbitration that here is your offer take it or leave it or they could be waiting to truly begin negotiations until the Backes contract/LTIR/trade whatever occurs.

Either way without McAvoy or Carlo maybe holding out and an injured Miller they need bodies on the right side.

This is nothing more than your "Old Bruins Fan" Fear. Sweeney and company don't seem like the type to do this. Join us in the present, please. Stop worrying about things in the past.

Reactions: Lo97

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
6'4' and only 27 years old... Not a bad idea IMO. It's starting to feel as though Sweeney is having a bit of an issue signing our RD. Maybe this is a shot across their bows saying: "we're ready for the long haul if you aren't reasonable. This was on his NHL bio: "A punishing hitter in the corners and around the net, the 6-foot-4, 206-pound Petrovic also moves the puck efficiently and can deliver a heavy slap shot."

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I knew he had the concussion from Shaw I was not aware of the seriousness of it. That's really too bad, Adam deserved a better season than he had last year, especially if it winds up being his last. Hopefully he gets healthy and is able to play. If not I would look at him as a coach, maybe start him in the ECHL but I feel he would be a great addition to the staff at any level.
I'm sure Wagner would like to see him retire after the beating McQ put on him.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Proposal: CBJ, Werenski + Frudy for Krug, Backes and Zbroil. Gives us the CAP relief we would need (over 18 million) to resign McAvoy, Carlo and Werenski at an average of 6 million each. CBJs have the space to take them.

BTW, congrats to McAvoy, #14, and Krug, #16, for making the Best D-men in the NHL.

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Proposal: CBJ, Werenski + Frudy for Krug, Backes and Zbroil. Gives us the CAP relief we would need (over 18 million) to resign McAvoy, Carlo and Werenski at an average of 6 million each. CBJs have the space to take them.

BTW, congrats to McAvoy, #14, and Krug, #16, for making the Best D-men in the NHL.

I just don't see them parting w/ Werenski (especially if Krug doesn't come with an extension in place)...even then I still don't know if they do it.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I just don't see them parting w/ Werenski (especially if Krug doesn't come with an extension in place)...even then I still don't know if they do it.

I know, it was mainly wishful thinking, but, if they don't, they have no need for Krug. Wonder if they would do if for Foudy + Carlsson + 1st and we keep Zbroil. Again though, they have np place for Krug.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Columbus laughs you off the phone.

Reactions: Lo97

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Correct me if I'm wrong (and forgive me if this has been talked about), but if the plan is to LTIR Backes, and maybe Moore and Miller, to "gain some cap space" isn't that not an option until September/October at the start of the season? I remember conversations about it when we still had Savard's contract which hampered them in the summer. So perhaps they have things in place but have to wait for the ability to official put players on LTIR to then use the cap flexibility for the extensions for McAvoy and Carlo?

Sure, a trade would obviously also give them some flexibility, but I feel like they'd prefer to not give up assets to move a contract when they may be able to go this route.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Correct me if I'm wrong (and forgive me if this has been talked about), but if the plan is to LTIR Backes, and maybe Moore and Miller, to "gain some cap space" isn't that not an option until September/October at the start of the season? I remember conversations about it when we still had Savard's contract which hampered them in the summer. So perhaps they have things in place but have to wait for the ability to official put players on LTIR to then use the cap flexibility for the extensions for McAvoy and Carlo?

Sure, a trade would obviously also give them some flexibility, but I feel like they'd prefer to not give up assets to move a contract when they may be able to go this route.
That is correct, you can only start to use LTIR space when the season starts.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

That's correct (I think?) but you can still spend 10% over the cap until then. I think you can LTIR when camp ends, even though Capfriendly already has Callahan on LTIR.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
That is correct, you can only start to use LTIR space when the season starts.

You can LTIR someone at any time. It's just a matter of when do you want to take the cap relief.

You can LTIR in the off-season if you need to get compliant for Day 1. But whatever space you have on Day 1 is all you have for the season and makes signings and trades difficult.

If you get compliant with your LTIR player on the active roster and make the move on Day 1 you get the benefit of cap flexibility to improve the team during the season as the LTIR amount is now your cap space

The Bruins with Savard chose option 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad