Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Now that Minnesota has signed Eriksson this seems like it could be a possibility.

Backes and a 2nd for Rask.

Create $2m in cap space. See if Rask can bounce back. If not his buyout costs $1.33m against the cap going forward.

I would not include the 2nd rd pick with a solid draft coming up, rather they instead add JFK and maybe someone like Fitzgerald or Cehlarik.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Rask has 3 years left
Back Aches has 2 years left

Oh you're the lovely Back Aches guy.

I thought Rask also had two years - my bad. I also saw the original proposal included a second round pick that I missed.

In that case this actually might make sense. Not sure if Minnesota would really be that motivated to do it but it would definitely help us out in the short term.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Why would Minnesota do this though? Both are bad players with 2 years left except Backes makes an extra 2 million per year. We would definitely have to include a prospect or second round pick at least.

We'll Backes is owed 5M over the next two years as he has already been paid his 3M bonus for this year , the Cap Hit is 6M which the wild has the room for.

Rask is owed 12M over 3 years. He has fallen off his last few years but a comeback is possible , maybe even likely, if not you buy him out next season.

Yes a draft pick or a prospect will have to be included but this is a trade that makes sense for both teams.

Reactions: Ratty

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Getting rid of Backes will probably cost the same as acquiring a really good player, that should be reflected in the proposals

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Getting rid of Backes will probably cost the same as acquiring a really good player, that should be reflected in the proposals

Yes, unless you are trading Backes contract for a similar bad contract. For example the Victor Rask trade. Victor Rask is the odd man out in Minny right now and is making $4m per year the next 3 seasons.

I could definitely see Sweeney moving Backes and a 2nd to free up $2 mil in cap space this off season, especially to sign McAvoy and Carlo. I actually like the deal if it happens. Victor Rask was awful last year, but he has proven early in his career he can put up numbers. Maybe he never gets back to that and if he doesnt, it was $1.33m buyout.

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
I could definitely see Sweeney moving Backes and a 2nd to free up $2 mil in cap space this off season,
$2M in cap savings this year -- but you can get $1M of cap savings for free just burying him in Providence. So only $1M incremental cap savings the first year.

Seems like a pretty hefty premium to clear $1M when we're paying $8M for backup goalie and 7th/8th D.

Reactions: bbfan419

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
$2M in cap savings this year -- but you can get $1M of cap savings for free just burying him in Providence. So only $1M incremental cap savings the first year.

Seems like a pretty hefty premium to clear $1M when we're paying $8M for backup goalie and 7th/8th D.

Or you can buyout Victor Rask and only pay him $1.33m as opposed to paying backes $5m to play in providence. I wouldnt call giving up a late 2nd round pick a "hefty premium" if it gives you the cap space to retain McAvoy and Carlo.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Or you can buyout Victor Rask and only pay him $1.33m as opposed to paying backes $5m to play in providence. I wouldnt call giving up a late 2nd round pick a "hefty premium" if it gives you the cap space to retain McAvoy and Carlo.
Would not do the 2nd, but if we could make the deal with JFK as the extra piece I may do it.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Would not do the 2nd, but if we could make the deal with JFK as the extra piece I may do it.

JFK has very minimal value right now after leaving the team. He definitely isn’t getting the deal done. Also Minny has their centers for the near future already set in stone so doubt they are looking to add another center. Especially since a contributing reason Victor Rask is being talked about around the league in trade discussions is due to Minnesota’s surplus at the center position.

Center is probably Minnesotas least position of need at the NHL level and lower levels. So highly doubt they will want to acquire one from us.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
JFK has very minimal value right now after leaving the team. He definitely isn’t getting the deal done. Also Minny has their centers for the near future already set in stone so doubt they are looking to add another center. Especially since a contributing reason Victor Rask is being talked about around the league in trade discussions is due to Minnesota’s surplus at the center position.

Center is probably Minnesotas least position of need at the NHL level and lower levels. So highly doubt they will want to acquire one from us.

Well Koivu is 36 and Stall is 34 so they might want to stock pile a Center prospect or two, not sure JFK would be the one but......

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Well Koivu is 36 and Stall is 34 so they might want to stock pile a Center prospect or two, not sure JFK would be the one but......

Yes but they also have eriksson who they just signed, kunin, donato and khovanov. They are so incredibly center heavy in their prospects right now. Donato might actually be the worst of the 4 guys I just mentioned.

I just highly doubt they would be looking for a guy like JFK.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yes but they also have eriksson who they just signed, kunin, donato and khovanov. They are so incredibly center heavy in their prospects right now. Donato might actually be the worst of the 4 guys I just mentioned.

I just highly doubt they would be looking for a guy like JFK.

Ok, I agree they would not likely be interested in JFK but if we learned anything about prospects from our own pool , it's that you don't ever have to many and you can't count on anything until you see them at the NHL level.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ok, I agree they would not likely be interested in JFK but if we learned anything about prospects from our own pool , it's that you don't ever have to many and you can't count on anything until you see them at the NHL level.

While that is true, kunin and eriksson have already broken through to the NHL roster and both are very young. Donato hit stride with Minnesota last year with 16 points in 22 games and khovanov had 41 points in 30 games in the Q last year.

Right now (much like the bruins) all they really lack at the center position is a first line future center. But by the looks of it they have their 2nd-4th line centers in kunin, donato and eriksson and then a B level prospect in khovanov waiting not far behind if one of those guys fails to make the jump. Never mind a couple lesser prospects as well.

If anything it will likely take a Defensive prospect (not named zboril) or a wing to entice Minnesota if we don’t give up a draft pick.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Get Victor Rask and buy him out immediately or end of the season. You can live with a small penalty for 4/6 years cap is going up.

He could bounce back and become tradable.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Ok well then maybe Senyshen gets the deal done?

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Some thoughts; We have 1 cup in 46 years.
I love prospects, always have
We have a great 2 year window
We should make moves to improve our two year window
That would mean moving prospects
Let’s go all in. I would be ok with a rebuild in 3 years if I had the memories of another cup.
I’m with DHK 2020 cup
Give the youth to get it done. Our vets are so hungry for another cup. They are pissed at the miss this year
Ya we should go for it,timing and roster all point at going for it

Reactions: jangerhofer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->