Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
McAvoy for Laine???
Our offense could rival the Leafs with that move.
Could be easier to make that move if Vaak was 100% ready to assume a larger role on dee?
Could Clifton make up some of the missed minutes by Big Mac?

No thanks. Clifton is good for his role but not that good to make up for losing McAvoy. I'd rather have the top pair defenseman over the top line wing pretty much every time.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If a team offered that for DeBrusk would you take it? Me, not in a million years. Columbus lost a lot of talent this summer they won’t move a core piece like Anderson. If they do you better be ready to pay.

Columbus and Boston are in very different places right now. Boston is Cup driven the next 1-2 year facing potentially the end of their window. Columbus was gutted in the offseason. It would make no sense at all for Boston to trade Debrusk for 2 players a year away from making a real impact.

Columbus on the other hand was absolutely gutted in the offseason. Anderson is a good player, bu tthe chance to get 2 player who may be as good or better and are 5 years younger may be very compelling.

McAvoy for Laine???
Could be easier to make that move if Vaak was 100% ready to assume a larger role on dee?

No thanks. There are huge questions around Laine's game. Yes he is an outstanding goal scorer, but there are huge gaps in other aream and McAvoy is a pretty complete . Pretty close to a true #1 D

I like Clifton, but he doesn't help make up for a McAvoy

member 96824

McAvoy for Laine???

giphy.gif

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Columbus and Boston are in very different places right now. Boston is Cup driven the next 1-2 year facing potentially the end of their window. Columbus was gutted in the offseason. It would make no sense at all for Boston to trade Debrusk for 2 players a year away from making a real impact.

Columbus on the other hand was absolutely gutted in the offseason. Anderson is a good player, bu tthe chance to get 2 player who may be as good or better and are 5 years younger may be very compelling. They MIGHT be or they may be AHLers. Anderson is 25. 25 int old. You can build with 25 year olds

No thanks. There are huge questions around Laine's game. Yes he is an outstanding goal scorer, but there are huge gaps in other aream and McAvoy is a pretty complete . Pretty close to a true #1 D

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If a team offered that for DeBrusk would you take it? Me, not in a million years. Columbus lost a lot of talent this summer they won’t move a core piece like Anderson. If they do you better be ready to pay.
Hes not a core piece by a country mile, hes a complimentary player with a unique skill set. When the jackets are ready to compete in 4-5 years, he'll be overpaid power forward like my old favorite bruin lucic

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Yes and that is why I want to add Anderson to the team, even Sweeney must understand this a little bit as he added size in Gaunce and some toughness and size in Ritchie. I still think they are too small on defense and need Kevin Miller or a similar player to help Chara against big, aggressive fore checking teams like St. Louis and I would love a Miles Wood, Blake Coleman, Matt Martin, Adam Lowry, Maroon, etc for the third line.

That's why they got Ritchie. Miller needs to be healthy to help Chara.

Also Carlo and McAvoy say hi.

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
there are huge gaps in other areas and McAvoy is a pretty complete . Pretty close to a true #1 D

Yep, agreed on all counts. The one area McAvoy needs to prove himself in to achieve #1 status for me is running a PP unit. He hasn't been offered the opportunity to do so very much, so I don't hold it against him, but if he's going to be an offensive weapon of a defensemen, I want to see him produce on the PP along the lines of (if not entirely to the extent of) Krug. Oh, and consistency I guess is the other criterion. Again, can't hold fluky injuries against him.

If he's healthy, I expect any team will be lucky to have him!

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Debrusk-Kuraly-Heinen
Vatrano-Czarnik-Donato
Bjork-Frederic-Senyshyn
Celharik-Cave-Steen
extra: JFK

Gryz-McAvoy
Lauzon-Carlo
Zboril-Lindgren

Subban
Vladar

That line up is what you are so impressed with? 1 second line wing, 1 third line wing, couple of 4th line players and a bunch of AHLers are what you consider a line up that can beat NHL teams. Name one. 2 very good NHL defenseman 1 good and three AHLers again and wretched goaltending, oh and an "extra" player who couldn't crack the line up in JFK and is back in Sweden. Yup I'm betting the Senators or Kings would be quaking in their boots having to play that group.

If you think Zach Senyshyn, Colby Cave, JFK, Czarnik, Lauzon, Zboril and Subban are great picks I have some news for you that you won't like. How many of them were first or second round picks that were wasted? Four? That isn't drafting and developing that is wasting and under utilizing your picks.

How many teams do you think would trade a first round pick today for Zboril or Senyshyn? A second for Lauzon or JFK? How about a third for Senyshyn, he has no value to speak of. Subban? He was so great they lost him on waivers.

I'll stick with delusional

Since you only took guys from the last 2-3 years im guessing you were putting together an ahl team? Looked pretty awesome to me

Reactions: Lo97

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
On what do you base your first assertion? I'd really like to see the data that prove that Boston is the best drafting and development organization there is.

And you seriously think that Boston has always gotten it right, in terms of drafting, since selecting Patrice Bergeron?

Ive made multiple challanges to other fanbase to prove their team is best at drafting

Usually my standard is who can ice a team of their own drafts

Of course there are a couple teams that had 5-10 picks in the top 10 over the past 12 years and you might be impressed they have a sydney crosby or a victor hedman in their alumni

But try to build a 23 man roster and see how those teams struggle... then look at the very good players that wouldn't even make bostons roster

Look at how many of bostons gems were taken outside the top 15

Do a little test... pick any other team and try to prove its better than the bruins and your own attempt will answer your doubt.

The bruins have been the best at breaking young talent into nhl for first game

(This includes signing undrafted kids and teading for amateur kids that never played for the other team to)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Since you only took guys from the last 2-3 years im guessing you were putting together an ahl team? Looked pretty awesome to me

No, those were all guys who were prospects before the 2016-17 season. It was a siiiiiick prospect pool and yet the experts ranked it as average.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
No, those were all guys who were prospects before the 2016-17 season. It was a siiiiiick prospect pool and yet the experts ranked it as average.
Some of those forwards should have developed by now then right? Besides DeBrusk is their one forward in that group that is even close to being an impact player. If your definition of "siiiiick" prospects are AHL players and a gaggle of 4th liners you are right, it was sick.
Would seem the experts who had them as average were correct.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Some of those forwards should have developed by now then right? Besides DeBrusk is their one forward in that group that is even close to being an impact player. If your definition of "siiiiick" prospects are AHL players and a gaggle of 4th liners you are right, it was sick.
Would seem the experts who had them as average were correct.

You're delusional. The Bruins had 12 forwards in that pool that played in the NHL last year. I don't know what your definition of 'impact' player is but Debrusk, Heinen, Kuarly and Vatrano were all impact players in the NHL last year by my definition. Donato certainly finished the season as an impact player as well. A few others still certainly have a chance. Nevermind 3 impact defenseman with plenty of time for 2-3 others.

Brad Marchand was a prospect in 2006. In 2011 he still had fewer points than Danton Heinen does now. Only a fool would have written him off.

The again if you think the 2016 prospect pool qualifies as 'average', then I simply don't value your opinion (and I'm not alone):

• McAvoy
  • Carlo
  • Debrusk
  • Heinen
  • Donato
  • Gryzelck
  • Subban
  • Kuraly
  • Vatrano
  • Frederic
  • Lindgren
  • Celharik
  • Bjork
  • Lauzon
  • JFK
  • Zboril
  • Senyshyn
  • Steen
  • Cave
  • Czarnik
  • Vladar

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Columbus is not trading Anderson unless it is for a clear over-payment. Makes no sense for them to do otherwise given their situation. Columbus just lost its two biggest impact players. Why on earth would they trade a 25-year-old power forward who is trending upward for a couple of prospects, with one of them pretty much being completely unproven? Anderson's next contract will not be cheap, but Columbus can afford it.

Then from Boston's point of view, hello, the cap. McAvoy and Carlo are still unsigned. Krug, Coyle, Gryz, and DeBrusk all have contracts that expire at season's end, along with some role players plus Chara. Most every one of those players will be expecting a raise in their next salary, with a few of them being significant raises.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You're delusional. The Bruins had 12 forwards in that pool that played in the NHL last year. I don't know what your definition of 'impact' player is but Debrusk, Heinen, Kuarly and Vatrano were all impact players in the NHL last year by my definition. Donato certainly finished the season as an impact player as well. A few others still certainly have a chance. Nevermind 3 impact defenseman with plenty of time for 2-3 others.

Brad Marchand was a prospect in 2006. In 2011 he still had fewer points than Danton Heinen does now. Only a fool would have written him off.

The again if you think the 2016 prospect pool qualifies as 'average', then I simply don't value your opinion (and I'm not alone):

• McAvoy
  • Carlo
  • Debrusk
  • Heinen
  • Donato
  • Gryzelck
  • Subban
  • Kuraly
  • Vatrano
  • Frederic
  • Lindgren
  • Celharik
  • Bjork
  • Lauzon
  • JFK
  • Zboril
  • Senyshyn
  • Steen
  • Cave
  • Czarnik
  • Vladar
Kuraly and Heinen are impact players by your definition? Do you really think Danton ******* Heinen is going to put up 100 points like Marchand? I'm delusional but you keep babbling about Senyshyn, Bjork, Cave, JFK and Steen like they are future top 6 players, how many of these superstars you mention are top 9 never mind top 6 forwards in the NHL? 1, DeBrusk.

Aren't Zboril, Senyshyn, Lauzon, Bjork and Cehlarik still prospects with very little upside at this point. One would think with the desperate need for a 2RW that Bjork, Cehlarik or Senyshyn would have taken a spot somewhere in the lineup by now.

It's a bottom third, maybe bottom fourth prospect pool today with a bunch of 3/4 line players and last pair Dmen. I like some of them, I am very happy to see guys with size and grit like Beecher and Frederic in the system and have hopes for them becoming good 7-12 forwards on the team. I dont overrate prospects, I realize most will never play 50 NHL games and don't see the need to hold onto them like Microsoft stock in 1999. Move whoever you have to, or multiple whoever's, to make the team better today.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Kuraly and Heinen are impact players by your definition? Do you really think Danton ******* Heinen is going to put up 100 points like Marchand? I'm delusional but you keep babbling about Senyshyn, Bjork, Cave, JFK and Steen like they are future top 6 players, how many of these superstars you mention are top 9 never mind top 6 forwards in the NHL? 1, DeBrusk.

Aren't Zboril, Senyshyn, Lauzon, Bjork and Cehlarik still prospects with very little upside at this point. One would think with the desperate need for a 2RW that Bjork, Cehlarik or Senyshyn would have taken a spot somewhere in the lineup by now.

It's a bottom third, maybe bottom fourth prospect pool today with a bunch of 3/4 line players and last pair Dmen. I like some of them, I am very happy to see guys with size and grit like Beecher and Frederic in the system and have hopes for them becoming good 7-12 forwards on the team. I dont overrate prospects, I realize most will never play 50 NHL games and don't see the need to hold onto them like Microsoft stock in 1999. Move whoever you have to, or multiple whoever's, to make the team better today.

Sorry buddy. If your definition of an impact player is 100 points then there are only 6 of them in the league right now. That means, statistically, there are 2 or less impact players coming who are prospects now. And if you're sour about then Bruins not having one of them, then I don't know what to tell you.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Why should I care about the opinion of a guy who said Gryz "will never be a regular NHL player"????

Post-Game Talk: - Game 3 - Bruins have a lot to work on - Lose to Colorado 6-3

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
We can all look back in our post history and find some takes that did not age well.

For example, last December I questioned the teams heart and ability to close out games. Their record in the third period was not looking very good up to that point. I boldly said that this team was not going anywhere if they made it to the post season.

They went on to the Stanley Cup Finals Game 7

Yeah, I'll eat that one.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Why should I care about the opinion of a guy who said Gryz "will never be a regular NHL player"????

Post-Game Talk: - Game 3 - Bruins have a lot to work on - Lose to Colorado 6-3
Because you think Cave, JFK and the rest of the "great 2016 prospects" are all sure fire impact NHLers. I will take being cynical instead of this sunshine and rainbows non sense you have for all Bruins prospects.

I look forward to the coming dynasty you foresee, Providence will be terrific.

And congratulations on getting one right in Gryz, if you worship every prospect I imagine you would get a couple right. How is JFK doing?

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Or the guy that lamented the loss of Tyler Randell.
Still do,and you can add Adam McQuaid to that list as well. I do not lament the loss of JFK however, I'm sure some do as "mini Bergeron" was going to be great, or koko, there is a big loss:sarcasm:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
studnicka, Vaak, backes, 2 1sts for Laine

Party in the USA, I’m wheelin and dealing the sun so I figured I’d continue- happy weekend errybody

WPG gets a couple guys who will probably be effective NHL contributors on entry level deals and a 1st. They get a good leader in Backes (and pick up an additional first to add him). They’re having trouble signing Laine.

Bruins get a dynamic young sniper and can give him the Backes money. Who gives af about the firsts, we’re going for it

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Still do,and you can add Adam McQuaid to that list as well. I do not lament the loss of JFK however, I'm sure some do as "mini Bergeron" was going to be great, or koko, there is a big loss:sarcasm:

Adam McQuaid provides so much more to an NHL team than Tyler Randall that it’s ridiculous to even mention them in the same breath

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Adam McQuaid provides so much more to an NHL team than Tyler Randall that it’s ridiculous to even mention them in the same breath
Was simply lamenting the loss of two tough players who took tons of grief here from some, Randell more than McQuaid obviously.

I would sign McQuaid to a two way deal for this season at a million a year in a heartbeat.

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Was simply lamenting the loss of two tough players who took tons of grief here from some, Randell more than McQuaid obviously.

I would sign McQuaid to a two way deal for this season at a million a year in a heartbeat.

There's no such thing as a two-way $1 million contract

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
There's no such thing as a two-way $1 million contract
Well you are wrong, it wouldn't effect the cap but would effect his AHL salary.

As someone so obsessed with prospects you should know this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad