Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Would anyone do a Marchand for Taylor Hall unsigned deal? Considering what the LBH has done in the last two Stanley Cup playoff series against CHI an STL, would anyone trade his great contract for an unsinged Hall that would get 8-9x7 for sure. Hall's issue is that he can't stay healthy. The plan would be to resign Hall of course.
Way too much of a risk in my opinion. I would keep the 100pt two-way player signed for less than $7M. Hall may even get way more than you are thinking he will sign for.

If I'm Sweeney, and I decide to trade Marchand right now, he isn't getting dealt, I would look at Laine or Tkachuk.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Quote from this article:

I went to Spectors Hockey and could not find one instance of Lyle, whomever this is, proposing a one for one swap or a trade for that matter involving both players. The closest I saw is that the Bruins may be interested in Kreider, but they would have to get rid of Backes' contract first (McAvoy and Carlo still unsigned). Nowhere did I see the proposed trade, unless I am missing something?

In my opinion, that looks like a clickbait article fishing for views. Not only is there no author, they interpreted the source incorrectly. Journalism these days yeesh.

I have a feeling Jimmy Murphy is behind this. Yeah huge shocker I know, but he actually has just started writing some articles on spectors site, and he also writes for the publication who printed this, hopefully Richardson cans his @$$ quickly, if its his doing.

member 96824

Would anyone do a Marchand for Taylor Hall unsigned deal? Considering what the LBH has done in the last two Stanley Cup playoff series against CHI an STL, would anyone trade his great contract for an unsinged Hall that would get 8-9x7 for sure. Hall's issue is that he can't stay healthy. The plan would be to resign Hall of course.

Depends, how badly does Hall feel he needs 8 seconds of extra rest between periods?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Very true about moving Heinen over to the right side, and I trust you on Wood since you’ve seen him more than most. I just haven’t been all that impressed when I’ve seen him dating back to his BC days. Not a bad bottom 6 guy for sure..nice energy and can pot a couple.

But not a guy I’m ****ing the cap up even more for or giving up anything of significant value. If NJ was like “hey we’re looking for an old fashioned F for D hockey trade” and that F was Wood? Sure

Agreed. You don't blow your spot for him that's for sure. I'd rather just keep Backes and not inherit Schneider or deal Jake.

Reactions: bbfan419

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Chris Kreider For David Backes Trade Brewing?

Boring off-season and there is zero percent chance this is happening, but I'm still posting for some trade talk fun.

Completely absent from this gutter trash article is any mention of why the Rags would even consider this.

So they can further jeopardize their ability to sign Trouba? Does Gorton eat lead paint and drink antifreeze in his office all day and dream up chemically-induced trips in which he makes life harder for himself just for fun?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Question: With talk earlier in the offseason that David Backes may require surgery and for what is yet unknown, do you think the team might be saying "let's try physio first and if that doesn't work then surgery" as a delay tactic so that they could place him on LTIR for possibly the season?

An NHL player agent: (Laughs) would you really be surprised if that happens? (Laughs again)

Now, I'm not suggesting anything at all here, but pretty surprising that there hasn't been a peep since Sweeney first mentioned it don't you think?

That would be a smart move.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Question: With talk earlier in the offseason that David Backes may require surgery and for what is yet unknown, do you think the team might be saying "let's try physio first and if that doesn't work then surgery" as a delay tactic so that they could place him on LTIR for possibly the season?

An NHL player agent: (Laughs) would you really be surprised if that happens? (Laughs again)

Now, I'm not suggesting anything at all here, but pretty surprising that there hasn't been a peep since Sweeney first mentioned it don't you think?
Is there precedence for a team placing a player on LTIR and the player fighting it?

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Would anyone do a Marchand for Taylor Hall unsigned deal?
The Devils.

3 misconducts and 2 fights and major for charging is 45 right there.
And then 21 minor penalties on top of it? Okay, that probably only cost the team 3 goals, but that could be 3 points in the standings. Maybe he can learn to rein it in, he wouldn't be the first player to smarted up a bit, but I'm not interested in bottom 6 guys who put the team in a hole and watch every PK from the bench or the box.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Just saw your added "but he hits" bull**** comment.

He hits
He's also faster than a guy like Heinen say..
And you know what? He's also a better goal scorer than hmm, lets use Heinen as an example. I know in Bruins land advanced stats are greater than actual goals scored but whatever.

Like I said when it's all said and done I'd probably take DH over him as a third liner, but you obviously don't know much about the player you are talking about
I know you like Wood but he has 10 more goals than Heinen in 38 more games played. Also at the same time Heinen has a better shooting percentage than Wood. Maybe its just me but I would take Heinen over Wood every day.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The Devils.

And then 21 minor penalties on top of it? Okay, that probably only cost the team 3 goals, but that could be 3 points in the standings. Maybe he can learn to rein it in, he wouldn't be the first player to smarted up a bit, but I'm not interested in bottom 6 guys who put the team in a hole and watch every PK from the bench or the box.

def needs to reign in it. Plays reckless at times

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I know you like Wood but he has 10 more goals than Heinen in 38 more games played. Also at the same time Heinen has a better shooting percentage than Wood. Maybe its just me but I would take Heinen over Wood every day.

Give me the physical player who wasn’t his teams worst forward 2 playoffs running.

I don’t really see the fit with New Jersey or honestly anyone re Backes. But if your giving up assets to move a guy a 23 year old who plays a physical game and has term is what you want to bring back.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Completely absent from this gutter trash article is any mention of why the Rags would even consider this.

So they can further jeopardize their ability to sign Trouba? Does Gorton eat lead paint and drink antifreeze in his office all day and dream up chemically-induced trips in which he makes life harder for himself just for fun?

Not sure who this guys weed dealer is that he thinks the Rangers would accept a 1 for 1 deal Kreider for backes, but I definitely want whatever he is smoking.

I would give up a first round pick and any prospect not named studnicka or Vaakaneinen for Kreider though and if they were taking backes as well, I’d throw in a 2nd round pick and a mid level prospect on top.

Reactions: Deal Law

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Give me the physical player who wasn’t his teams worst forward 2 playoffs running.

I don’t really see the fit with New Jersey or honestly anyone re Backes. But if your giving up assets to move a guy a 23 year old who plays a physical game and has term is what you want to bring back.
Your right Wood has been the worst player in every playoff game he has played in.

Reactions: Lo97

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
n
What about Marchand + Backes to NJ for Hall and Hall agrees to a somewhat team friendly extension? In that case I would sure consider it.

Reactions: Estlin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

No. That's terrible.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just saw your added "but he hits" bull**** comment.

He hits
He's also faster than a guy like Heinen say..
And you know what? He's also a better goal scorer than hmm, lets use Heinen as an example. I know in Bruins land advanced stats are greater than actual goals scored but whatever.

Like I said when it's all said and done I'd probably take DH over him as a third liner, but you obviously don't know much about the player you are talking about

I know who I’m talking about. He was on TV a lot in college on top of everything that I’ve seen in the NHL.I just know that it’s absolutely f***ing stupid to take on Schneider’s contract when it is Worse than the one that we are already complaining about non-stop. And I know it’s really stupid to try and justify it by adding a banger, even if he does have a little bit of upside left

And it really isn’t a bullshit comment-the only reason why people want to add him is because he brings a level of nasty that they appreciate. It does not matter that his skill set doesn’t justify adding a contract like Schneider's because he hits, so people will support it. And that’s without taking in to account the decline in net that the Bruins would suffer. It’s insane. I’m sorry. His production doesn’t exactly scream “add me at the expense of the team salary cap” So what is it at the end For the advocates of the proposal? It’s the hitting

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm going to get crucified for this one, but different take on moving Backes contract.

To New Jersey: David Backes + Jaroslav Halak
To Boston: Cory Schneider + Miles Wood

I think Schneider is much better than his numbers the last 3 years have shown and even then his SV% is right there with guys like Martin Jones & Jonathan Quick. If you look at Schneider when he's on, he's a very good goalie that can put up Vezina like numbers. His last 3 years of products are not far of from where Halak was when he came to Boston...

JH - 2.82 GAA / .913 SV%
CS - 2.90 GAA / .907 SV%

The 3 years prior to this, CS was a completely different goalie:

CS - 2.14 GAA / .924 SV%

So who knows, maybe he can pull a Halak and improve his numbers. With the team built here, I think he could. And maybe he gets back to his playing form from his first 3 years in New Jersey. If it doesn't work out, you buy him out in the off-season 4yrs @ $2 million per.

As for the rest... Halak gives the Devils a solid goaltender coming off a good year and can pair with Blackwood. They also would not be committed to Halak long term and could target someone like Holtby should he make it to FA.

Boston may need to add for Wood to come back, but the way I was looking at it...

Backes Contract > Schneider Contract (Because its 1yr less and less real money owed)
Halak would be an upgrade over Schneider

Is this enough to justify Wood coming back? no idea.

Again, just another idea. Angrily reply away.

Only problem i see is next year when it becomes much more important to clear cap. Backes might be hard to move this year... hes alot easier next season

Bringing in a more difficult contract isnt the way to go... save our cash for debrusk/krug/coyle and the chara bonus penalty we will suffer this year

Its likely we will ltir backes... likely we will eventually trade miller and probably moore too... then prob max our cap due to new deals for mcavoy and carlo

Eventually bonus money earnt will push our cap over the year end limit and effect next season.

Krug/coyle/debrusk might be resigned during this season but tagging rules are tricky

We probably only have chara as someone coming up on a big contract who we are willing to lose... and he doesnt give us much room

It looks like miller/moore need to go soon (depending how ltir ends up being applied)

And then backes or krejci or krug or someone else in the 6 mill range has to go next year

And no one making more than elc can come in to replace these outgoing guys

If you want expensive additions... plan on trading someone currently making money other than backes/miller/moore

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
To insinuate heinen was the Bruins worst forward the last two playoff runs, especially this past season, is ****ing hilarious. What a horrid take.

Exactly the kind of insanity that I was reading about that would drive me crazy in the month I wasn’t posting here. Just so far detached from reality because they don’t like the guy because he doesn’t hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad