Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Honestly guys when did we last win a trade? I'll give don a lot of kudos on the Carlo debrusk donato and mcavoy picks. But his trade record isn't exciting. I'd love for him to creative and get Larkin.

Is "get creative" another way to say, "lose"? Because that's the only way you're getting Larkin. A big fat "L" on a trade...

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Last year was Lucic's 5th consecutive season with 80 games played. Based on his style of play, it's no surprise he is finally wearing down.

It's not at all like Krejci and Backes who missed time due to injury.

Was also a career low with a 6.8 SH%. Career 13.7%...... He's at his usual 20G/55P clip if he hits that rate (which he didn't, I know).

Bet he does 20/20 easily. Not saying I want anything to do with that contract.....

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I'm in for Lucic at a reduced rate with the Oil picking up some of the contract. Krecji was getting crushed in the Lightening series. Jake looked darn good flying down the right side.
Lucic Krecji Debrusk

Reactions: Dizzay and Fenian24

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Honestly guys when did we last win a trade? I'll give don a lot of kudos on the Carlo debrusk donato and mcavoy picks. But his trade record isn't exciting. I'd love for him to creative and get Larkin.

Guess it depends on how you define winning a trade.

I saw the Nash deal as win. You got a good chunk of Bels off the books, moved on from a guy who wasn't in your future plans and brought in a better two-way forward that was having a solid run with the team before getting injured.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think there's a 60% chance Lucic gets 20 goals this year.

Doesn't mean I'd want him or his contract.

1 side note to think about (not necessarily about Lucic, but just overpaid guys with really bad contracts): I would be that there will be a work stoppage again, and after it teams will be allowed some sort of buyout on any contract at a % of the $$ and w/ no future cap hit at all.

With that in mind, if I was a GM I'd look to see if there was someone out there now who I could get a good year or 2 out of at a very low cost to acquire (or maybe even getting an asset if the contract is really bad) and then buy out later. Gamble for sure, but a decent risk.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

1 side note to think about (not necessarily about Lucic, but just overpaid guys with really bad contracts): I would be that there will be a work stoppage again, and after it teams will be allowed some sort of buyout on any contract at a % of the $$ and w/ no future cap hit at all.

With that in mind, if I was a GM I'd look to see if there was someone out there now who I could get a good year or 2 out of at a very low cost to acquire (or maybe even getting an asset if the contract is really bad) and then buy out later. Gamble for sure, but a decent risk.
Didn’t they do that after the last lockout? Or was th penalty still applied there too?

Seem to remember something from back then.

But yes you are spot on. I’m sure some gms would be all for it. Not sure about the NHLPA though

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Didn’t they do that after the last lockout? Or was th penalty still applied there too?

Seem to remember something from back then.

But yes you are spot on. I’m sure some gms would be all for it. Not sure about the NHLPA though
Yeah each team was granted 2 buyouts, even on 35+ contracts. They could use them in summer of '13 or '14. The only restriction that I recall was that a player couldn't be injured at the time of the buyout. Which is why a couple teams sent a player home over the last few games of the season to make sure there wouldn't be injuries. But off the top of my head I don't remember who they were.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Don't hold your breath on that one happening.

In the realm of issues between the league and the union, I doubt it's even on the radar.

It's not even that big of a deal. So your have maybe 15-20 contracts league wide where the player (mostly guys drafted 2002-2006ish) is being paid for the star he was 3-4-5 years ago.

Not even worth arguing about if it's the union and league. They will both have bigger fish to fry.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah each team was granted 2 buyouts, even on 35+ contracts. They could use them in summer of '13 or '14. The only restriction that I recall was that a player couldn't be injured at the time of the buyout. Which is why a couple teams sent a player home over the last few games of the season to make sure there wouldn't be injuries. But off the top of my head I don't remember who they were.

They were called compliance buy-outs and were only done to allow teams to get underneath the now reduced salary-cap coming out of the 2013 lockout.

You might see them again if they reduced the cap coming out of the next (potential) lockout if a reduced salary cap is negotiated.

But I highly doubt you see them as a blanket policy for the duration of the next CBA.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Hmmmm, should check the Isles history out maybe?

They had several world ender deals floating around if I remember right.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hmmmm, should check the Isles history out maybe?

They had several world ender deals floating around if I remember right.
I think Ville Leino may have been one guy. Then there were Gomez and Redden, there was something different about their buyouts that I remember vaguely.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I think Ville Leino may have been one guy. Then there were Gomez and Redden, there was something different about their buyouts that I remember vaguely.
Leino! Forgot about that guy.

Coincidentally he forgot his occupation the second after he signed that contract.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Dude has had exactly one down year. Was last year the beginning of the end or a blip?

Who knows.

If Lucic is done based on one season then I guess we should expect the continued and rapid demise of both Backes and Krejci this season.
It looks like he is really struggling out there to keep up with the current NHL pace. His skating is what mostly holds him back. McDavid made Pat Maroon look like a young Bret Hull, yet Lucic has failed on 97’s wing.

I’ll always be a Looch fan, but unless he drops some pounds and works on his burst and skating, I think he’ll continue to decline.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It looks like he is really struggling out there to keep up with the current NHL pace. His skating is what mostly holds him back. McDavid made Pat Maroon look like a young Bret Hull, yet Lucic has failed on 97’s wing.

I’ll always be a Looch fan, but unless he drops some pounds and works on his burst and skating, I think he’ll continue to decline.

I agree but I will give him a chance to work on it this summer before I write him off.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad