Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'd sell the farm to get Stone from Ottawa. I think he'd be the perfect winger for Krejci.
Given age and contract... I'd much rather start looking for the future Krejci replacement, instead of continuously trying to find the right piece in an attempt to build around a guy whose best seasons are behind him and getting further away by the season.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Given age and contract... I'd much rather start looking for the future Krejci replacement, instead of continuously trying to find the right piece in an attempt to build around a guy whose best seasons are behind him and getting further away by the season.
Amen.

I’ve defended Krejci for too long. This team shouldn’t be looking for wingers who complement him, they should be looking for a new center who fits with the abundance of young wingers we have.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm not going reference Lucic specifically in this post because I don't need certain poster(s) chomping at the bit to respond..........however I respectfully disagree that players of that mold are dinosaurs in today's game. Prior to Wilson signing that idiotic contract for the amount of production he has been worth, most people would have loved him on this team. I see many posters wanting Anderson out of Columbus. Like many others on here I'm sure, I've played the game and I completely understand the worth of players who fit this mold. If you haven't already watched it, I recommend watching ice guardians. There's multiple players on that documentary, superstars, who actually come out and say they wouldn't have been the player they are today had it not been for the Proberts, McSorleys, Domi's etc.

Is fighting a very small part of the game compared to the 70's, 80's, 90's and even early 2000's........absolutely. Do teams dress guys like Mitch Fritz who could barely skate and all he was good for was 2-3 shifts........no. But to compare true power forwards to the likes of the past "enforcer roles" is absurd. There will always be a place in the game for the guys like Wilson, Lucic, Anderson, Reeves, Simmonds, etc.

the game changes as rules change... as coaching changes... but people dont change

there will always be some guys that play less hard when they become intimidated

when gordie howe played he was a big strong tough guy. he was also 6 feet and under 200 pounds

when terry oreilly played people called him the best fighter in nhl... he was 6 feet and around 200 pounds

enforcer/tough guys were not always 6'5 and 240 pounds... but there was always guys that played a big strong game that intimidated opposition and created advantage for your side

teams that couldnt stand up for themselves always got hurt on the scoreboard

even montreal had to standup to philadelphia. even the oilers had to stand up

the fastest most skilled teams in history had to stand up

the number of players as tough as lucic who can also play 15 mins... can be counted on 2 hands...

im not saying a team should dress 15 guys like this and expect success. clearly that day has come and gone

but anyone saying guys like tom wilson dont still make a difference, clearly werent paying attention last year

the number of forwards out there who are as tough as david backes and can play as well as david backes... dont number much

as the league continues to get smaller and smaller... guys like gordie howe and mark messier will once again become dominant

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think the sharks won that trade personally. They got their franchise goaltender and we're still waiting for zboril.

Was he a franchise goaltender when the Bruins traded him? No.

Is he any better than our franchise goalie? No.

Your draft picks are off. We acquired 2016 1st Round pick for Martin Jones, along with Sean Kuraly. That 2016 first rounder was Trent Frederic, who seems like a very good prospect with Top 6 center upside.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Was he a franchise goaltender when the Bruins traded him? No.

Is he any better than our franchise goalie? No.

Your draft picks are off. We acquired 2016 1st Round pick for Martin Jones, along with Sean Kuraly. That 2016 first rounder was Trent Frederic, who seems like a very good prospect with Top 6 center upside.

Rumor was it Rask was possibly available. With the moves of Hamilton and Lucic they opted not to blow it up that much, but some 'in-the-know' posters alluded that his name was coming up and listened to. I think the Bruins did acquire Jones with the possibility of keeping him and moving Rask. Obviously, that didn't happen, but interesting 'what-ifs'.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Have a feeling you’d regret that one. Brouwer is toast ... to bad there isn’t an Olympics for him to play in this year.

Nope, not cause I like Brouwer, but because Noel Acciari is a terrible NHL player.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'm not going reference Lucic specifically in this post because I don't need certain poster(s) chomping at the bit to respond..........however I respectfully disagree that players of that mold are dinosaurs in today's game. Prior to Wilson signing that idiotic contract for the amount of production he has been worth, most people would have loved him on this team. I see many posters wanting Anderson out of Columbus. Like many others on here I'm sure, I've played the game and I completely understand the worth of players who fit this mold. If you haven't already watched it, I recommend watching ice guardians. There's multiple players on that documentary, superstars, who actually come out and say they wouldn't have been the player they are today had it not been for the Proberts, McSorleys, Domi's etc.

Is fighting a very small part of the game compared to the 70's, 80's, 90's and even early 2000's........absolutely. Do teams dress guys like Mitch Fritz who could barely skate and all he was good for was 2-3 shifts........no. But to compare true power forwards to the likes of the past "enforcer roles" is absurd. There will always be a place in the game for the guys like Wilson, Lucic, Anderson, Reeves, Simmonds, etc.

The thing is though Reeves is a 4th liner that would come cheap and it would be ok to have a guy like that I suppose, the others you list Wilson, Simmonds and especially Anderson are all far better players than Lucic, sure they may try to play physical all of them, but Lucic does not have the skills of a Josh Anderson or even Simmonds although he is 30+ now and injuries mounting on him as well.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
The thing is though Reeves is a 4th liner that would come cheap and it would be ok to have a guy like that I suppose, the others you list Wilson, Simmonds and especially Anderson are all far better players than Lucic, sure they may try to play physical all of them, but Lucic does not have the skills of a Josh Anderson or even Simmonds although he is 30+ now and injuries mounting on him as well.
Hahahaha are you serious right now? Do any of those guys have 30 goal seasons? Come close to the hits per season of Looch? I get you dont like him and he had a bad year but dont give fake facts

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Ok great, so does Lucic who hits more, is way tougher! Save the laughs bud, your jokes are only funny to you

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ok great, so does Lucic who hits more, is way tougher! Save the laughs bud, your jokes are only funny to you

Yes, and there's a good chance that both Simmonds and Lucic will be on awful contracts after Simmonds hits free agency. Also, what joke did I make? You made a comment and I responded. It's just funny how hostile you immediately get.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hahahaha are you serious right now? Do any of those guys have 30 goal seasons? Come close to the hits per season of Looch? I get you dont like him and he had a bad year but dont give fake facts
Are you serious? Lucic when was the last time he hit 30 goals, sure if we are talking about the Lucic from 5 years ago or so yeah I take him, the point is he is NOT the same Looch we all loved when he was at his best here, the guy does not have it anymore. I take Anderson today over the Lucic of today. As for Simmonds he is still better Lucic as well, but still would be careful about him being a UFA ,30 and lots of injuries creeping up on him.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Yes, and there's a good chance that both Simmonds and Lucic will be on awful contracts after Simmonds hits free agency. Also, what joke did I make? You made a comment and I responded. It's just funny how hostile you immediately get.

Not hostile bud, just dont understand why you lol at everything you say when it's not funny?

I once again stated my opinion which I feel was fair and a troll swims up from under the bridge to comment!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
[QUOTE="Dizzay, post: 148617275, member: 20295"]Not hostile bud, just dont understand why you lol at everything you say when it's not funny?

I once again stated my opinion which I feel was fair and a troll swims up from under the bridge to comment![/QUOTE]

As a casual observer, I strongly disagree. LOLZZ

It's pretty obvious Lucic isn't worth his contract and there are better options if the team wants to go down that road. Why don't you go ask Edmonton fans how much they've enjoyed the Lucic of the last two years? Not going to be glowing reviews...

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I actually am fine, I just laugh at young posters on here who dont know anything what it means to play Bruins hockey. Huge reason why I have loved this team for over 30 years.

Good Lord, can you spare spare us this bullshit? For apparently being an old guy, you've got the "place myself above everyone else online" thing down pretty well.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese