Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Want no part of Lucic again, the last year with the Bruins he was brutally slow always getting caught and hemmed in. He is even worst now and that contract is just awful, even if the Oilers retained $$ I still don't want him, he is a dinosaur and the way the game is played now he just does not fit anymore.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You might see them again if they reduced the cap coming out of the next (potential) lockout if a reduced salary cap is negotiated.

I don't see this happening the way teams have been handing out massive contracts of late. I can see some clubs being fine with it, but teams like the Oil, Leafs etc. would be screwed.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Want no part of Lucic again, the last year with the Bruins he was brutally slow always getting caught and hemmed in. He is even worst now and that contract is just awful, even if the Oilers retained $$ I still don't want him, he is a dinosaur and the way the game is played now he just does not fit anymore.
I'm not going reference Lucic specifically in this post because I don't need certain poster(s) chomping at the bit to respond..........however I respectfully disagree that players of that mold are dinosaurs in today's game. Prior to Wilson signing that idiotic contract for the amount of production he has been worth, most people would have loved him on this team. I see many posters wanting Anderson out of Columbus. Like many others on here I'm sure, I've played the game and I completely understand the worth of players who fit this mold. If you haven't already watched it, I recommend watching ice guardians. There's multiple players on that documentary, superstars, who actually come out and say they wouldn't have been the player they are today had it not been for the Proberts, McSorleys, Domi's etc.

Is fighting a very small part of the game compared to the 70's, 80's, 90's and even early 2000's........absolutely. Do teams dress guys like Mitch Fritz who could barely skate and all he was good for was 2-3 shifts........no. But to compare true power forwards to the likes of the past "enforcer roles" is absurd. There will always be a place in the game for the guys like Wilson, Lucic, Anderson, Reeves, Simmonds, etc.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
No one here is discrediting true power forwards. They have a place in the game, and honestly always will yuntil the NHL completely bans fighting.

What people are saying is that Lucic AT HIS CURRENT AGE/CONTRACT is not worth it. Simple as that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No one here is discrediting true power forwards. They have a place in the game, and honestly always will yuntil the NHL completely bans fighting.

What people are saying is that Lucic AT HIS CURRENT AGE/CONTRACT is not worth it. Simple as that.

You should add worth that to the Boston Bruins.

Because if the Bruins were flush with cap space, not just now but moving forward. And lacked short and long term depth in left-shot LWers. I'd say go for it, bring in Lucic.

Except the Bruins are basically the opposite of that.

Cap-wise, and position-wise, he's just a poor fit. Even if he does bring unique elements to the game.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton

he is a dinosaur and the way the game is played now he just does not fit anymore.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I'd sell the farm to get Stone from Ottawa. I think he'd be the perfect winger for Krejci.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Doesn't he want like 9m?

Ya he wasn't crazy money, but I think that has more to do with him wanting out of OTT. Over the last 3 years his pt totals are on par with Pasta, so I'd imagine he's looking at a similar pay day. Not sure how Sweeney could feet him in under the cap without someone like Backes getting moved out. Would love to see a Stone on either of the top 2 lines though. It would potentially be the best top 6 in hockey.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'd sell the farm to get Stone from Ottawa. I think he'd be the perfect winger for Krejci.
If Stone wins his arbitration I wouldn't be shocked if Ottawa walks away, can't see them paying 9m a year for him

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Ya he wasn't crazy money, but I think that has more to do with him wanting out of OTT. Over the last 3 years his pt totals are on par with Pasta, so I'd imagine he's looking at a similar pay day. Not sure how Sweeney could feet him in under the cap without someone like Backes getting moved out. Would love to see a Stone on either of the top 2 lines though. It would potentially be the best top 6 in hockey.
He is UFA next year and will cash in and knows it, if Ottawa walks away the teams that signs him will get him for a year or be buying UFA years from him. For all the talk about cap crunch coming up for the Bruins Stone would throw that way more out of whack than a 3 million a year bottom 6 forward. I like him but he is going to cost.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They can walk away or sign him. But if they sign, he can't be traded this year
I don't believe that is correct. The "can't be traded this year" is a restriction when matching an RFA offer sheet.

The only other restriction is that if it's a 1 year award in arbitration, an extension can't be given until Jan 1.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Strongly disagree because it gave us Sean Kuraly who has been great for us and gave us a top D prospect in Zboril.

Pretty sure that you read the question to my answer incorrectly.

The question was asking when the last time Don Sweeney won a trade and I answered either the Martin Jones or Lucic trade.

So I was saying the return of Kuraly and zboril was a good trade.

Reactions: Alicat

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Flames placed Troy Brower on waivers. Could see the Bruins signing him and his 'big body'.

Please no!
If he is bought out or can be brought in with Calgary retaining half he is a better option than a prospect or Nordstrom.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If he is bought out or can be brought in with Calgary retaining half he is a better option than a prospect or Nordstrom.

How so? He put up 22 points last year in 76 games. Bjork was only 10 points behind in 46 less games. Donato produced at a 0.75 PPG clip when he came on. No, just because Troy Brouwer is big and physical doesn't make him a better option at this point. Sure, maybe he's a better option than Nordstrom, but BOS won't be signing him after they just gave Nordstrom a 2 year deal.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Well Nordstrom is a LWer, Brouwer is a RW, so there's that.

I'd take Brouwer on a 1-year deal over Noel Acciari.

Reactions: Fenian24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad