Proposal: Wild/Bold Islanders Hockey trade this Offseason - What's Yours?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Varlamov for J. Greenway.
Interesting idea, but I can’t see Varlamov waiving his NTC for Buffalo.

Pulock would make sense for Buffalo and Lee would be my wishful thinking for Buffalo, but again, full NTC.

Send then Fasching for a draft pick and call it a day.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Do you know anything about Migraines?
Some people get them chronic, and yes A Concussion can complicate that issue.
If you cannot respect being cautious then "What-Ever' as Dice Clay used to say....
There's a LOT of space between being cautious and being a Jewish mother who won't let their kid play any contact sports and you're closer to the latter

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
24 year old RH defenseman who just put up 70pts. Most since Potvin for the isles.

He also carried us while Pulock Pelech and mayfield were all injured. Played over 25+ minutes a night for well over a month.

You don’t give up defenseman like this.
While true, this does not acknowledge the significant warts in his game that have not improved for several years. He's not untouchable (no one on this roster should be at this point).

Reactions: Lights911

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This thread is great because it enables us to dream of things that would actually help the team even though Lou will never do any.

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
Czikas to Toronto for......pajama boy 50% retained.

Our pp improves, 24-25 becomes a one-year forgiveness tour, and pajama boy can sleep in the basement of the kid who the Calder. Also, part of the "country club" shipped out of town.

Toronto gets some cap space, hustle, and less animosity from NYI fans.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Czikas to Toronto for......pajama boy 50% retained.

Our pp improves, 24-25 becomes a one-year forgiveness tour, and pajama boy can sleep in the basement of the kid who the Calder. Also, part of the "country club" shipped out of town.

Toronto gets some cap space, hustle, and less animosity from NYI fans.
PJ’s says no, and I say no. I don’t think the kid that won the Calder would like it too much either.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
24 year old RH defenseman who just put up 70pts. Most since Potvin for the isles.

He also carried us while Pulock Pelech and mayfield were all injured. Played over 25+ minutes a night for well over a month.

You don’t give up defenseman like this.
Essentially why i do not want to trade Dobson. He played very good but looked gassed. trading him is a VERY BAD MOVE

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I'd prefer this to be the offseason Dobson signs his 8 year x ?? extension .

if LouRoy put Dobson on the table it has to be for a stud forward like Brady Tkachuk

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

if LouRoy put Dobson on the table it has to be for a stud forward like Brady Tkachuk
But even this. I just don't thank you trade a franchise level defenseman for a forward. Unless you miraculously have a similar defenseman in your system. Even then, I'd probably prefer to keep both dmen.

To be fair, I have been a big proponent of Dobson over the years. But I like to think I am fair minded enough... I can readily state he was terrible in this past playoff series. Might be a cause for concern, might just be growing pains. :dunno:

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

Dobson is getting an 8x8.5 and nothing more. I can honestly thank that Darnell Nurse for why he wont get 10M

For a still growing defenseman, he's had a good few years but we need him to not play over 30 a night. I still blame that Ottawa game for his performance down the stretch. His defensive awareness, especially on the power play, must grow if we want him to become a franchise tier player.

Last edited:

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
But even this. I just don't thank you trade a franchise level defenseman for a forward. Unless you miraculously have a similar defenseman in your system. Even then, I'd probably prefer to keep both dmen.

To be fair, I have been a big proponent of Dobson over the years. But I like to think I am fair minded enough... I can readily state he was terrible in this past playoff series. Might be a cause for concern, might just be growing pains. :dunno:
I'm not really interested in trading Dobson either , I just think he's worth a forward of Tkachuks pedigree rather than OP'S idea of Zegras .

I could see LouRoy trading the 2024 1st rounder for Zegras however (if ANA takes back Pageau)

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I'm not really interested in trading Dobson either , I just think he's worth a forward of Tkachuks pedigree rather than OP'S idea of Zegras .

I could see LouRoy trading the 2024 1st rounder for Zegras however (if ANA takes back Pageau)
Anaheim isn't gonna give up on Zegras, but I would personally like Issac Ludestrom

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

I’ll take Brady Tkachuk all day long for a different package, not Dobson. OTT has some major decisions to make on him. Next season starts a 3yr peak on his actual salary to $10.5M p/ye up from 6.5m. Then, the following season his NMC kicks in the remainder of his deal.

One truly has to believe he wants to be the guy in OTT while his brother is on a top team, OTT hasn’t made the playoff his entire time and most likely not next season.

OTT gets to control the compensation now when he doesn’t have a NMC, once that kicks in, it backs OTT into an expensive corner on paying him big $$$$ and if trading him, maybe a not so great package due to his leverage.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarsTBOW

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
My ‘bold’ prediction: there will be more changes to NYI than this entire forum forecasts.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I’ll take Brady Tkachuk all day long for a different package, not Dobson. OTT has some major decisions to make on him. Next season starts a 3yr peak on his actual salary to $10.5M p/ye up from 6.5m. Then, the following season his NMC kicks in the remainder of his deal.

One truly has to believe he wants to be the guy in OTT while his brother is on a top team, OTT hasn’t made the playoff his entire time and most likely not next season.

OTT gets to control the compensation now when he doesn’t have a NMC, once that kicks in, it backs OTT into an expensive corner on paying him big $$$$ and if trading him, maybe a not so great package due to his leverage.
Take Brady Tkachuck All Day Long Not For Dobson 100%

Reactions: Osakahaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad