Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
First off I said I was talking about teams who finished ahead of them, the Leafs did not. Who did Tampa add, I am not aware of them adding anything?

The fact that they just discussed trading for Karlsson means they had a better offseason than the B’s.

I know because I have read a couple of articles by Toronto homers that told me that...

So it must be true.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The fact that they just discussed trading for Karlsson means they had a better offseason than the B’s.

I know that because I have read a couple of articles by Toronto homers that told me that...

So it must be true.

We live in a world where the Bruins get trashed for not acquiring Jeff Skinner, but at the same time give Tampa credit for just simply talking to the Senators about Karlsson.

These are complicated times.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Harry F***ing Sinden is more responsible for not winning than playing the game the right way, tough, mean and physical.

I would agree that Jacobs/Sinden are more to blame in the pre-cap world. In the post-cap world the Bruins have been one of the better franchises. And I think you can win by being tough, mean and physical. But, you have to be fast ENOUGH. And ENOUGH is faster than it was in 2011.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Nine

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Don better hope bjork and donato better pop over 20 goals each or this season goes bye bye . We could have used skinner buffalo gave up poop pu for him.

CP got taken in the 3rd round in 2016 after a decent season in London (12g/19a in 63 games).

Since that time:

2016/17: 63 games for London, 35g/51a

2017/18: 36 games for London, and 29 games for Kingston, 29g/55a

That’s not too shabby and he’s a big kid, 6’2/3 and 195 pounds. The closest comparisons to Pu in the B’s system would be either Fredric or Senyshyn.

Personally, I’m not giving up a Frederic and three picks for ONE year of Skinner.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Fenian seems to take a lot of heat around here and comes across as a bit of an island but the reality is hockey was a WAY better game to watch when it was tough, mean and physical - and played by men, not by video game millenials.

Reactions: DKH

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Fenian seems to take a lot of heat around here and comes across as a bit of an island but the reality is hockey was a WAY better game to watch when it was tough, mean and physical - and played by men, not by video game millenials.

Yeah...no.

The game has changed, but I would be willing to bet that 99% of those “video game millennials” are tougher than you or I. Just check out the injury list after a team is eliminated from the playoffs to get your answer.

The fact that your avatar is Jay Miller says a lot. Everybody likes different styles of play. I love physical play, but I also love the speed/skill today’s players have.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
CP got taken in the 3rd round in 2016 after a decent season in London (12g/19a in 63 games).

Since that time:

2016/17: 63 games for London, 35g/51a

2017/18: 36 games for London, and 29 games for Kingston, 29g/55a

That’s not too shabby and he’s a big kid, 6’2/3 and 195 pounds. The closest comparisons to Pu in the B’s system would be either Fredric or Senyshyn.

Personally, I’m not giving up a Frederic and three picks for ONE year of Skinner.

Wanna read something scary....Both Pu and Senyshyn finished their junior career at a 0.91 P/GP clip lol.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Amen

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah...no.

The game has changed, but I would be willing to bet that 99% of those “video game millennials” are tougher than you or I. Just check out the injury list after a team is eliminated from the playoffs to get your answer.

The fact that your avatar is Jay Miller says a lot. Everybody likes different styles of play. I love physical play, but I also love the speed/skill today’s players have.
One thing that I have noticed as physical play takes a backseat to the finesse world is that games have become robotic.

On nights where the dipsy dangles aren’t working you can practically call the outcome in the first period. There are a lot of mailed in games now which can lead to a boring product.

There is a thread on the main board asking about the best rivalries out there. I’d say there are none anymore. Physical play getting toned down has a part in that.

Say what you want about fighting, but I remember a stat being thrown around a few years ago for the Bruins. When they had a fight in a game their win record was off the charts.

Did the fight directly impact the score? No. But it does drag guys in to games when they might not feel like putting in the effort that night.

If the other team is pissed, you’d better be focused too no?

Anyway, this got ranty, sorry! Call me crazy but I’m glad there’s a few Marchand’s and Reaves in the league still.

The greasy guys and the slap you silly guys can at least make a Florida Carolina game in the middle of February more interesting than lawn bowling for a few hours

Reactions: Fenian24

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I would agree that Jacobs/Sinden are more to blame in the pre-cap world. In the post-cap world the Bruins have been one of the better franchises. And I think you can win by being tough, mean and physical. But, you have to be fast ENOUGH. And ENOUGH is faster than it was in 2011.
I agree the Bruins have always needed more speed, I would like too add some speed and toughness, ideally both

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad