Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Doesn't a 2nd 2023, a 3rd 2024, Kubs, and Zadina sound more palatable? They get some future high picks, a scorer (Kubs), and a possible bonus if Zadina turns things around. I agree with the no first crowd and believe Steve does too.

One other thing I just picked up on was that Steve doesn't like the 8 year term the Cat is looking for, so he has some concerns apparently too.

Yeah and me paying $100k with all contingencies in place for a house sounds a hell of a lot more palatable than double that and waiving everything. One is a hell of a lot more realistic than the other.

A 2nd, 3rd, and a couple throw-ins does indeed sound more palatable to Detroit than two 1sts, a 2nd, and some throw-ins. I'm not so sure that brain storming things that sound great for Detroit are the best way to come up trade proposals though.

No, man, it would be amazing if we could trade Andrew Copp, Robert Haag and a 5th for Nathan MacKinnon. I could probably even be convinced to throw in Robert Mastrosimone. I would have said Carter Mazur, but that would have been too much.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
If this happens, then we can assume the rebuild will be over. It will cost us valuable future assets and saddle the team with an anchor of a contract that will haunt this team for a long time.
No, what haunts this team is that we have had no real plus assets for a decade. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were dying by that point. Kronwall's knees were already starting to go by 2014. We have Larkin and now Seider who look very good, but I just don't for the f***in life of me understand people who are against getting top end talent when top end talent is available at not ridiculous prices.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
If this happens, then we can assume the rebuild will be over. It will cost us valuable future assets and saddle the team with an anchor of a contract that will haunt this team for a long time.
dramalama.jpg

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
from everything we know of Yzerman, why does anyone think this deal is now likely to happen? He hates leaks and has been said to scuttle trade trade talks if information about them starts to leak out. If this was serious and Ottawa wanted this deal to happen we wouldn't be hearing about it.

So, it makes me think the trade is either total guesswork by the publication or ottawa is leaking something hoping to get someone else to up their offer.

I think that this is a lot of speculation of cost by analysts and what not, but for the connection to be made public between Detroit and Ottawa on this deal should not be a surprise. Do you think that Yzerman is bashful of his interest in one of the marquee players that is publicly being shopped being widely known?

I think Yzerman assumed that everyone would know he's interested, and the discussion of cost is gamesmanship trying to stir up interest by Ottawa.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I mean, it's not like it's a 28 year old Abdelkader for 7 years. Dude at least is somewhat of a gamer.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
That was pretty clearly the case with Bertuzzi, but I am not sure there is much to suggest Rasmussen will become a beast at any point in time.
Ras to me has the look of a guy who will share some of the same features of Tkachuk in the playoffs. He's not going to score a bunch of game winners or massive moment goals, but just be a physical presence, shit stirring guy that brings life to the team when they need a spark.

Also, would not be shocked if he did bang in a couple of timely rebound goals. He's a guy who seems to really play better when his intensity is higher and what better situation for high intensity than in the playoffs.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Ras to me has the look of a guy who will share some of the same features of Tkachuk in the playoffs. He's not going to score a bunch of game winners or massive moment goals, but just be a physical presence, shit stirring guy that brings life to the team when they need a spark.

Also, would not be shocked if he did bang in a couple of timely rebound goals. He's a guy who seems to really play better when his intensity is higher and what better situation for high intensity than in the playoffs.
Hey, I certainly hope it's true but I just don't see it. I stand by my comment that at this point he has shown nothing to suggest he's an essential core piece like Larkin and Seider.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Reminder that this is a good hockey player that is fun to watch and would make the team more enjoyable to watch.

The hands in tight shown at 2:01 and 2:30 are sick. His ability to pick up a loose puck and fire it hard/accurately from a standstill is pretty ridiculous, as well as his hand-eye coordination on deflections and one timers.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Reminder that this is a good hockey player that is fun to watch and would make the team more enjoyable to watch.

The hands in tight shown at 2:01 and 2:30 are sick. His ability to pick up a loose puck and fire it hard/accurately from a standstill is pretty ridiculous, as well as his hand-eye coordination on deflections and one timers.

Sorry, I don't care about video of the player. I am going to rely on the opinions of people who have never watched a game that wasn't commentated by Ken and Mick.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

There's zero doubt he'd be a great fit, the question is all about the price to acquire him and sign him to a new deal. Two firsts and a deal that rivals Larkin's seems too rich to me but we will see what Steve Yzerman thinks is fair. I will not complain if he walks away, the terms of the trade being promoted seem excessive.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
There's zero doubt he'd be a great fit, the question is all about the price to acquire him and sign him to a new deal. Two firsts and a deal that rivals Larkin's seems too rich to me but we will see what Steve Yzerman thinks is fair. I will not complain if he walks away, the terms of the trade being promoted seem excessive.
I doubt they will be able to get two firsts for a player who is only available because of a price the team that currently has him does not want to pay and is only under contract for 1 more year. But we will see.

Not totally counting on adding the player despite the rumors, just trying to remind people this is a good player and would be a good get for us. He can do some things better than anyone we have on the team currently.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Hey, I certainly hope it's true but I just don't see it. I stand by my comment that at this point he has shown nothing to suggest he's an essential core piece like Larkin and Seider.
I absolutely agree that no one is above being traded, but a move for AD is for the purpose of getting better now. You don't want to be moving any more roster players than necessary. You want to lean into moving futures. Whoever we take at 17 isn't hitting the NHL in any meaningful way until 25/26 at the absolute earliest. That 17OA pick requires some deferred gratification.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
No, what haunts this team is that we have had no real plus assets for a decade. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were dying by that point. Kronwall's knees were already starting to go by 2014. We have Larkin and now Seider who look very good, but I just don't for the f***in life of me understand people who are against getting top end talent when top end talent is available at not ridiculous prices.
Always. An I mean always seems to be money.

DeKeyser/Abdelkader/Ericsson/Howard/Green/Nielson damaged a whole group of fans.

Especially, Nielson/Green because they were from the outside and were supposed to solve something. Getting players wrong and letting them linger is the problem. Not paying good players. Someone trying to win would of bought out 2 or 3 of those guys, signed 1 good player, and not let hot trash like Bowey marinate with guys like Green and Kronwall on his last legs. Howard too was basically awful. What was happening when JR. first got this team was a complete mockery. Hell, not until literally last year did the team even try to be good.

Gotta pay to play in this league. (All leagues really.) An it's just for a chance to be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Detroit Knights

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Whenever rumors pop, I generally have few assumptions around all of them:

Yzerman, and by extension his staff that would be in the know, don't ever say anything. Ever. And much of this is generally predicated on the fact any time we've made a trade, it's always been like "OMG! Where did that come from?!" (see: Mantha, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Nedeljkovic, Fabbri, Isle Leddy). And the times where we had made trades that everyone knew about (STL Leddy, Vrana), it was something that we all kind of knew was going to happen.

So when I see something like Detroit Sports Nation, or any general local group without national level contacts, I don't believe it because they would need to know something inside the Wings org, and I just don't believe that group talks to anyone.

That being said, when I see rumors surface from another market beat writer, or a national level insider, I do give that more credibility because not all orgs run like DET. So OTT market or Servalli, Friedman, etc. reporting things they are hearing about the Wings, I suspect they get that from the potential orgs we are talking to, not Detroit directly. Like hearing that the Wings were/are in on PLD from Servalli, I assume that's from the WPG or PLD side, not from Stevie.

What I did find interesting from the last 32 Thoughts Pod, certainly about DBC and Yzerman's concern about term, was the anecdotes about Steve's negotiation style (which we all kind of new), that at some point, he basically does some back and forth but ultimately sets the offer for the player and it becomes a "take it or leave it" situation and doesn't really move from it.

All of that to say, I do think there is serious talks or had serious talks about DBC and that Steve gave his offer and has left the table and is awaiting for response from Dorian. And much of the "talking to all these other teams" and "get 2x 1st for him" whatever, is all trying to see if the Detroit offer can be beat or if Yzerman can be compelled to increase it.

Whatever it is, I think the deal is on the table and it's on the Sens to accept or not at this point.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
Always. An I mean always seems to be money.

DeKeyser/Abdelkader/Ericsson/Howard/Green/Nielson damaged a whole group of fans.

Especially, Nielson/Green because they were from the outside and were supposed to solve something. Getting players wrong and letting them linger is the problem. Not paying good players. Someone trying to win would of bought out 2 or 3 of those guys, signed 1 good player, and not let hot trash like Bowey marinate with guys like Green and Kronwall on his last legs.

People who were damaged by Howard are morons. Howard's contract was never bad and frankly he fell apart because the Wings dicked around with him and with Mrazek. Howard kept hurting himself because he didn't want to lose his position by being injured. Wings needed to sit the both of them down and make a decision one way or another.

By not doing so, they let Mrazek's head get frickin huge and he thought he was better than he was and they completely shot all confidence out of Howard's head. Howard was actually fine until they brought up Mrazek and the two mixed like oil and water.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
People who were damaged by Howard are morons. Howard's contract was never bad and frankly he fell apart because the Wings dicked around with him and with Mrazek. Howard kept hurting himself because he didn't want to lose his position by being injured. Wings needed to sit the both of them down and make a decision one way or another.

By not doing so, they let Mrazek's head get frickin huge and he thought he was better than he was and they completely shot all confidence out of Howard's head. Howard was actually fine until they brought up Mrazek and the two mixed like oil and water.

4 guys of the list were hurt by injuries you can't predict. It did mostly hurt on their ttrade value, so we didn't get anything back Howard, Green, Ericsson or DeKeyser.

I think only Abdelkader and Nielsen were signed when not really needed. But they completed the TANK Holland wanted. It was sold for dying Mike Ilitch how "yeah, yeah, we are still on the fight."

Those were huge moves to secure the team on the bottom, when the meaningful wheels did finally loose off (Dats, Z, Kron retiring). Still it didn't get us to high picks.

A pity.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
4 guys of the list were hurt by injuries you can't predict. It did mostly hurt on their ttrade value, so we didn't get anything back Howard, Green, Ericsson or DeKeyser.

I think only Abdelkader and Nielsen were signed when not really needed. But they completed the TANK Holland wanted. It was sold for dying Mike Ilitch how "yeah, yeah, we are still on the fight."

Those were huge moves to secure the team on the bottom, when the meaningful wheels did finally loose off (Dats, Z, Kron retiring). Still it didn't get us to high picks.

A pity.

If you think Holland played 4D chess with those signings to jump start a rebuild under Mr. I's nose, well, I got a bridge to sell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad