Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
We just gotta toughen up our bottom six. It's super soft.

a5bf1abb-3d3c-4e76-80af-97121be07287_text.gif

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
We could have:

6'7 - 6'1 - 5'9 (Söderblom - Larkin - DeBrincat)
6'6 - 6'1 - 5'11 (Rasmussen - Copp - Raymond
5'11 - 6'1 - 6'1 (Fabbri - Veleno - Perron)
6'2 - 6'1 - 5'11 (Kubalik - Kasper - Berggren)

...or some other combinations.

So eight guys at 6'1 or more and only 4 small wingers, one per line.
When your smallest defenseman is 6'2'' you can afford to have smaller forwards. If Wallinder makes the team you can have a 6'4 mobile defenseman on the ice at all times.

Our defense would be 6'6'', 6'4'', 6'4'', 6'3'', 6'2'', 6'2'', and outside of Chiarot they are all good skaters.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Not a legit source, way too much. A 1st + 2 2nds is laughable. If Yzerman already offered that, Ottawa would've said yes in a heartbeat.

Debrincat is coming off a down year, with 1 year of control/needing a large extension, while having a short list of who he would sign with. Zadina + 2nd rounder is close to what will happen if Detroit makes the trade.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Not a legit source, way too much. A 1st + 2 2nds is laughable. If Yzerman already offered that, Ottawa would've said yes in a heartbeat.

Debrincat is coming off a down year, with 1 year of control/needing a large extension, while having a short list of who he would sign with. Zadina + 2nd rounder is close to what will happen if Detroit makes the trade.
this is what I have been saying but I added a late 2023 pick (5-7 round)

I have been straight battling in the free agent/trade rumors thread from sens fans (twitter too lmao) that they will just not get what they think they will and it will be extremely un-inspiring on the return. They just won't believe me, can't blame them really.

I hope at this point what you are saying or me is true and becomes the trade. I kept the receipts of these as*holes to rub it in lol.

Reactions: lidstromiscool

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Zadina + 2nd rounder is close to what will happen if Detroit makes the trade.

Not really.

I think Zadina has zero or negative value currently. You have to pay a bit to get rid of him.

1st + 2nd for DeBrincat would be fair without Zadina, but Yzerman could have created that another 1st option, just to get rid of Zadina.

It's time to move on from him and look ahead, not in the past and have false hopes for his hopelessness.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Not really.

I think Zadina has zero or negative value currently. You have to pay a bit to get rid of him.

1st + 2nd for DeBrincat would be fair without Zadina, but Yzerman could have created that another 1st option, just to get rid of Zadina.

It's time to move on from him and look ahead, not in the past and have hopes for his hopelessness.
Detroit is not adding a 1st to get rid of Zadina, he doesn't even have negative value. There's only a handful of teams that AD would accept a trade to, and only a couple have 1st round picks. Doubtful he returns a 1st for the reasons I mentioned earlier

Last edited:
Reactions: lgrws91 and wings95

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
For me the bottom line is to pay for what he will do and not what he has done.

On that note, I don’t think we’d be acquiring a future multi- 40 goal season guy. At 25 he will be at the tail end of his offensive peak. Still a good player but not unlikely to be a mutli 40 goal season guy moving forward.

Pay accordingly.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
For me the bottom line is to pay for what he will do and not what he has done.

On that note, I don’t think we’d be acquiring a future multi- 40 goal season guy. At 25 he will be at the tail end of his offensive peak. Still a good player but not unlikely to be a mutli 40 goal season guy moving forward.

Pay accordingly.
Without any other additions, Debrincat likely scores 30 goals for Detroit this season. With a little more help on the roster, I see him settling in as a fairly regular 35-35-70 kinda guy.

I'd pay $8M AAV for that and not think twice.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
There is no way we are adding on this deal to get rid of Zadina.

If Yzerman calls all the GMs in the league and tries to off load Zadina, someone will offer up a very late pick to take chance on him. His deal is cheap.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Oh sweet two 1sts or a 1st and a 2nd for a 5'7" 25-30 goal guy who doesnt play defense and wants to be paid like our captain! Sign me up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
When your smallest defenseman is 6'2'' you can afford to have smaller forwards. If Wallinder makes the team you can have a 6'4 mobile defenseman on the ice at all times.

Our defense would be 6'6'', 6'4'', 6'4'', 6'3'', 6'2'', 6'2'', and outside of Chiarot they are all good skaters.
Chiarot is a decent skater (many other flaws, of course). Määttä's skating is definitely a weakness, though.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
It would basicly be:

Hronek + Zadina + 4th
for
DeBrincat

If the same same picks will go Ottawa, which was got for Hronek (NYI 1st + VAN 2nd)
At this point I wonder why Ottawa didn't just
Zadina and a 2nd for ADB will be the deal - we aren't giving up a first for him, just don't buy it.
That's also terrible value though. ADB can fetch a first and a good prospect as a rental.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Hope this isn't true. I am not a sizeist but I would feel better about a 5'7'' player more as a complementary luxury player and not someone we are banking the whole future of the organization's core on. This guy is going to eat up draft capitol to get and cap once he is here. Not a fan.

If it can happen for Zadina and the 2nd that is a different story, we give up the first and no, just no.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The rumored package seems far too close to what Ottawa paid Chicago for my liking. I don't really believe it will be that steep, his value didn't go up or maintain the same point in Ottawa though he still is very talented. Now I am willing to talk Berggren unlike most the board, I also could see us moving into the 20s to offer a first with two of our seconds. I just don't see two first picks going in any circumstance and a player being paid by Yzerman. I mean maybe Yzerman sees Zadina as negative value, not how he has discussed him to date but maybe that is the first and second alone, but it just seems a big price that I would be surprised to see him pay. I wouldn't move that Boston pick at all, especially without seeing what team they cobble together this off-season too.

I do think this board is being a little too dismissive of a guy that has two more 40 goal seasons than we do as an organization since he entered the league. A player that often wins board battles and has proven in the NHL to impact games despite his size so the concerns there are far lower than a prospect. Also, he plays the one position where size isn't the be all end all out at wing. This isn't like tracks of this board putting forward 5'7" center prospects that use strength to dominate juniors in some down low game... Debrincat has proven NHL bonefides at scoring. He has had peaks and valleys in terms of elite production and good top 6 production, but that is something we lack in both regards for a while now.

I agree with the issue of contract, I don't want to pay the guy more than Larkin. I do think the assets given should be in context of he wants out of Ottawa and has a lot of control.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I'd take Debrincat in a heartbeat. We need scoring and bad. He kind of dictates where he goes no? And he wants to apparently goto Detroit. I just can't see Yzerman giving up a first rounder in this years draft but very well could be wrong.

Our core forward group looks like what then? Larkin, Raymond, Berggren, Debrincat, Ras, Kasper and this year's 9th? Is that deep enough for the next few years that the 16th can be given up?

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'd take Debrincat in a heartbeat. We need scoring and bad. He kind of dictates where he goes no? And he wants to apparently goto Detroit. I just can't see Yzerman giving up a first rounder in this years draft but very well could be wrong.

Our core forward group looks like what then? Larkin, Raymond, Berggren, Debrincat, Ras, Kasper and this year's 9th? Is that deep enough for the next few years that the 16th can be given up?
Don't forget Soderblom and hopefully Mazur.

Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Yzerman has preached "core" relentlessly.

In the beginning of the season he said he wanted to add to the core and tried to do so in the offseason.

Prior to the trade deadline he said he thinks he knows who the core is, then traded Bert and Hronek. Big message to the guys on the team, you are the core.

At the end of the season he said he would not trade for someone who doesnt add to the core.

The real question is: Does Debrincat add to the core and does he fit the team? I think 100% yes. He grew up playing with Larks and Copp, albeit slightly younger, and (speculation) likely somewhat looked up to Larkin and Copp and saw them as major competition. The three of them immediately bring a Michigan culture, a Red Wings culture, to the room without having won anything as a team yet.

This is very exciting if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark