Confirmed with Link: Alfredsson to Detroit for 1 year 3.5m with 2m in bonuses

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hilarious.

He goes to a place where no one wants him, meanwhile, Ottawa is devastated.

Hopefully you guys will get over how awful he is.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
What is wrong with the people here? It seems every board has some obsession? Here in Wings-land it's don't sign old men! Even though they have contributed tons to the Wings over the years. Alfie is a excellent player, with gas left in the tank. There should be cheering and celebrations going on here.

RedWingsNow*

Let the superstar die on our watch. Save Ottawa the embarrassment of having to take the horse out to pasture

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
What is Alfredsson coming here for? To teach us how to never win a cup?

I think Alfredsson is a definite upgrade and I don't really have any interest in Horton, Clowe or Clarkson. But the Wings have to re-sign Brunner and then I would be a little bit happier. If we signed Grabovski as well, I think it would be a success, but like you, I don't see it.

RedWingsNow*

What is wrong with the people here? It seems every board has some obsession? Here in Wings-land it's don't sign old men! Even though they have contributed tons to the Wings over the years. Alfie is a excellent player, with gas left in the tank. There should be cheering and celebrations going on here.

You have your opinion. Everyone else has theirs.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Hilarious.

He goes to a place where no one wants him, meanwhile, Ottawa is devastated.

Hopefully you guys will get over how awful he is.

Not if he's making over 4M. He'll become disliked pretty quickly in these parts so he better be able to produce next year otherwise he & Kenny will become public enemies #1 & 2.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well, he was Ottawa's best player in the playoffs.

His only problem is injury because he's so competitive and pushes himself so hard.

You guys really don't have a clue.

He's been running an offence by himself for years since the Spezza-Heatley line - being given whatever is left after Spezza gets the top guys to spread out the offence.

Detroit Sports*

I think Alfredsson is a definite upgrade and I don't really have any interest in Horton, Clowe or Clarkson. But the Wings have to re-sign Brunner and then I would be a little bit happier. If we signed Grabovski as well, I think it would be a success, but like you, I don't see it.

I think flip and brunner walk no gabbo and we resign cleary. Kenny holland ladies and gentlemen.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Except that Aflie has been declining the past few years & is likely going to take up 5M of our cap space. If it was for 2.5M or 3M I don't think we'd have a problem with it, I wouldn't be upset about it, but it's not & for someone that is declining it's a stupid move.

Just to add to the fun guys:

Pierre LeBrun said:
Dallas and Detroit are in the mix for UFA winger Dan Cleary...

Today may shape up to be worse than draft day, I've gotten over the Bertuzzi pick now though.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
secondary sources so far

Lavoie is pretty reliable imo.

What is Alfredsson coming here for? To teach us how to never win a cup?

Good vet, can help a lot with Nyquist and younger kids, RH shot, can be signed for only one year, stopgap until Järnkrok/Tatar/Jurco are ready.

That is why I think they went after him.

But I think he should have stayed with Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad