Confirmed with Link: Alfredsson to Detroit for 1 year 3.5m with 2m in bonuses

crashman

Let's bring in the 40 year old because he's Swedish --
Let's bring in the guy who said "We can't beat them" about the Penguins -- in the same year the Wings blew a 3-1 series lead and the Leafs blew a 4-1third period lead.
Let's bring in a guy who scored 7 even strength points less than Brenden Morrow and the same amount of even strength points as Valterri Filppula.

So bloody stupid.
Let this guy die on someone else's watch.

Gimmick signing

Seriously, that's just kinda how the Wings role these days.

I'd rather the Wings become arch enemies with Ottawa from what happens on the ice, not a situation like this. We're instantly the bad guys here, and it's really not gonna benefit our team long-term.

Detroit Sports*

Why the **** would we sign this 40 year old player? This makes no ****ing sense?! Why not resign brunner and get grabo?????? I hate holland

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I think a year of Alfie is pretty good with Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan and Jarnkrok coming.

I would like a shorter term deal for Weiss, Grabo or Roy if we can until Jarnkrok and Jurco are ready.

Nyquist, Z, Alfie
Grabo, Datsyuk, Franzen
Tatar, Helm, Abby
Miller, Andersson, Eaves

Z, Datsyuk, Alfie
Franzen, Weiss/Roy, Nyquist
Tatar, Helm, Abby
Miller, Andersson, Eaves

yeah, i'd be pretty content with either of those scenarios.

i don't know how obtainable weiss would be, leafs will probably throw money at him.
grabo is iffy, i just hope they don't use that 'bad attitude' ********.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I like this contract. Only one year and hopefully they sign Brunner and that leaves Cleary to rot in a ditch.

Solves some of my big complaints.

Gets rid of Abby from the top six
Gets rid of Cleary.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Chill guys... We can call this stupid when it's the only move Holland does. Plus it's not set in stone yet. We still need a center. (well, preferably)

Detroit Sports*

I like this contract. Only one year and hopefully they sign Brunner and that leaves Cleary to rot in a ditch.

Solves some of my big complaints.

Gets rid of Abby from the top six
Gets rid of Cleary.

He is 40 years old, he was in the NHL when I was in grade school and I'm in my 30's....

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
I'm telling you, I think we sign Iginla to replace Cleary. Iginla and Alfredsson not bad day in ufa land.

RedWingsNow*

I doubt they were ever going after Grabovski to begin with

but they'll probably still take a run at a center,if anything this might mean Brunner's gone

Let's trade in the 27 year old with 15 even strength points for the 40 year old with 14 even strength points

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Not a fan of this one either. Would much rather have 3 or even 4 years of Brunner over 1 year of already-smells-like-mothballs Alfredsson.

Detroit is more than 1 impact player away from being a real contender, so Alfie isn't putting us over the top by any means. And he's really not an impact player anymore. Pass on this one.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Let's bring in the 40 year old because he's Swedish --
Let's bring in the guy who said "We can't beat them" about the Penguins -- in the same year the Wings blew a 3-1 series lead and the Leafs blew a 4-1third period lead.
Let's bring in a guy who scored 7 even strength points less than Brenden Morrow and the same amount of even strength points as Valterri Filppula.

So bloody stupid.
Let this guy die on someone else's watch.

Gimmick signing

I guess you don't follow Ottawa very closely. For large parts of the season Karlsson, Spezza, and Michalek. Alfie had nobody to work with.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Alfie is better than both Filppula and Morrow.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Chill guys... We can call this stupid when it's the only move Holland does. Plus it's not set in stone yet. We still need a center.

He's still productive and a good stop gap to see if Tatar is a top 6 guy or for Jurco or Jarnkrok next year.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
If it's about winning the Cup, Alfredsson should come for the league minimum to allow the Wings more money to spend elsewhere to improve the team. If he comes at his market value, than it's a bad signing by the Winged Wheelers.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 16 s
Hearing Daniel Alfredsson 99% likely to join the Detroit Red Wings. One-year deal, heavy on bonuses that can be deferred to 2014-15.

RedWingsNow*

Seriously, that's just kinda how the Wings role these days.

I'd rather the Wings become arch enemies with Ottawa from what happens on the ice, not a situation like this. We're instantly the bad guys here, and it's really not gonna benefit our team long-term.

It's a big name.
That's all it is.

So Kenny and his PR factory in the media can act like they netted a big fish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad