Confirmed with Link: Alfredsson to Detroit for 1 year 3.5m with 2m in bonuses

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m
I firmly believe Alfredsson is leaving Ottawa. I believe Sens are aware of this. I also believe Detroit is the frontrunner. #TSN

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
okay I take back what I said about it probably just being a leverage thing now,seems like a legit possibility now

i'd still rather have Brunner though

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
okay I take back what I said about it probably just being a leverage thing now,seems like a legit possibility now

i'd still rather have Brunner though

Yeah, I wonder if this means no to Brunner. I just find that whole thing bizarre unless Brunner gets 3.5-4m from someone.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 59 s
Multiple sources suggesting Daniel Alfredsson not likely to return OTT. DET appears to be frontrunner. Stay tuned to see where this one goes

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1 min
Red Wings likely destination for Alfredsson, but clearly because of legalities no deal has been agreed to. On the wing with Zetterberg?

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI
Lol, Sens fans are all like, he'll stay, we love him blah blah blah.

Now their board-everybody hates him. Can't say I blame them, but still funny to read.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
So I'd assume this would mean we aren't going after grabo?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
So I'd assume this would mean we aren't going after grabo?

I doubt they were ever going after Grabovski to begin with

but they'll probably still take a run at a center,if anything this might mean Brunner's gone

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
According to one tweet Alfredsson told the Sens of his plans late last night so they could work in a package for Clarkson.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I just think Alfredsson is plan B for Brunner. They don't know if Brunner stays, so Alfie is the insurance.

If Brunner stays, they will let Alfie go. You just have to build negotiation process ready and these rumours are based on that.

Now we are waiting just those decisions.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 23s
Expectation is Alfredsson will go to DET. Since he's 35+ player, base salary likely in $3.5M range with bonuses taking it up to $5M total

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I think a year of Alfie is pretty good with Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan and Jarnkrok coming.

I would like a shorter term deal for Weiss, Grabo or Roy if we can until Jarnkrok and Jurco are ready.

Nyquist, Z, Alfie
Grabo, Datsyuk, Franzen
Tatar, Helm, Abby
Miller, Andersson, Eaves

Z, Datsyuk, Alfie
Franzen, Weiss/Roy, Nyquist
Tatar, Helm, Abby
Miller, Andersson, Eaves

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Weird move if it happens...is this just another example of Kenny coupon clipping rather than going big? He's not really the guy they need for the top 6...just another old guy past his prime. He'll have some chemistry with Hank but 5 years ago called and said great idea.

RedWingsNow*

Let's bring in the 40 year old because he's Swedish --
Let's bring in the guy who said "We can't beat them" about the Penguins -- in the same year the Wings blew a 3-1 series lead and the Leafs blew a 4-1third period lead.
Let's bring in a guy who scored 7 even strength points less than Brenden Morrow and the same amount of even strength points as Valterri Filppula.

So bloody stupid.
Let this guy die on someone else's watch.

Gimmick signing

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 23s
Expectation is Alfredsson will go to DET. Since he's 35+ player, base salary likely in $3.5M range with bonuses taking it up to $5M total

Where the **** is the throw up emote? If we give him 5M & Brunner gets 3.5M I will be sliding closer to the Holland hater camp, especially if we use up all our cap space on him & can't get our #2C.

Alfredsson is a 2.5-3.5M player now not a ****ing 5M player. :shakehead Give that 5M to Grabo our Weiss, hell even Horton.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Let's bring in the 40 year old because he's Swedish --
Let's bring in the guy who said "We can't beat them" about the Penguins -- in the same year the Wings blew a 3-1 series lead and the Leafs blew a 4-1third period lead.
Let's bring in a guy who scored 7 even strength points less than Brenden Morrow and the same amount of even strength points as Valterri Filppula.

So bloody stupid.
Let this guy die on someone else's watch.

Gimmick signing

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad