Alfie's Shot at Niedermeyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyscribe22*

Discostu

Have whatever opinion you want of me. Just please don't base it on implications or assumptions. Throw my words back at me, but make them my words. I respect your opinion but respectfully disagree.

chi777

Feb 23, 2006
Give me a break.

He plays fantastically well, shows an incredible work ethic, talent, skill, grit and leadership over a period of, what 18 games, and then he shows his "true colors" in one 5 second span of time?

To me, that looks like someone who was just looking for a reason to leap off the bandwagon before he got caught rooting for the wrong team.

You win as a team and you lose as a team.

It's pathetic to see people trying to hang Alfredsson when there have been so many other passengers (re: Spezza and Heatley) who don't warrant any mention at all.

He did those things in the first 3 rounds, it's true. It's easy to do that when you face no adversity, like the Sens and Alfie, until they met the Ducks. Alfie can't handle the pressure. The team was panicing, and instead of doing something to get the team calmed down, like a true captain, he panics and takes that intentioinal shot at Neidermeyer. Another meltdown. Just like every other year.

PinkPanther

Apr 5, 2007

Sir, you and your fellow "diehard" Sens fans are correct. There is no sense discussing the issue any further. I'll sit back and wait for the next discussion on how the Sens let another chance at the Cup slip away. In fact, I'm debating writing a book.

Chapter 1 Ducks outplay Sens in games 1 and 2
Chapter 2 Sens win the "big" one in game 3. Get momentum
Chapter 3 Sens try to make it two in a row and tie the series
Chapter 4 Oh no, stupid decision changes momentum
Chapter 5 Back to Anaheim and last change match ups to Ducks
Chapter 6 Ducks win Stanley Cup on home ice
Chapter 7 Sens fans turn on Alf again
Chapter 8 Canada fans turn on Sens again
Chapter 9 Lord Stanley Cup stays in the US
Chapter 10 We all can't wait until next October

Southern Hockey guy, I'm not sure why you are so full of anger. Who are you trying to impress. Let it go buddy.

Also, I'm a woman, not a man. Go ahead write your book. It won't sell.

Get a grip. I could care less if the Cup ends up in the US.

Yes, your team is amazing,and your country is the greatest on earth. THe Sens are brutal and don't deserve this series. Happy now? I don't see why you are so angry. Relax.

Yes, if what Alfie did was intentional, it was a classless thing to do. If you've never done anything kinda dumb in your life, then hey, you are almighty and I commend your greatness.

If you've never sinned, then go ahead, cast the first stone.

It kills me how so many on this forum are attacking Alfredsson so savagely when we are all human and we've all done dumb things.

Get real.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Well, at least you're willing to hold onto that standard.

Personally, I think it's foolish. Both guys are class acts, and great hockey players, and great leaders. If you take any person, and examine the details of their life, you'll likely find at least one instance where they did something foolish, that they never apologized for, or have owned up to it.

I don't know if he apologized for it, but I remember Niedermayer was once suspended for 10 games for whacking Peter Worell over the head with his stick. He's obviously not this pure little angel that some are making him to be.

PinkPanther

Apr 5, 2007
He did those things in the first 3 rounds, it's true. It's easy to do that when you face no adversity, like the Sens and Alfie, until they met the Ducks. Alfie can't handle the pressure. The team was panicing, and instead of doing something to get the team calmed down, like a true captain, he panics and takes that intentioinal shot at Neidermeyer. Another meltdown. Just like every other year.

OMG, making it to the finals is hardly a meltdown. Who the heck made everyone on this forum so high and mightly. Big words from people who seem to know it all. Grow up.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Face no adversity?

Give me a ****ing break.

Every time the team has hit a challenge in these playoffs, Alfie has stepped up.

From his OT winning goal to his game-tying goal in Game 3, which was incidentally the 3rd of three come backs.

Then the adversity of being unable to score despite dominating play in the entire period, and who else but Alfredsson scores with .3 seconds left.

Your argument holds no merit whatsoever.

What's particularly funny is that people are portraying it as if the Ducks came out like gangbusters in the 3rd, somehow "inspired" by what Alfredsson did.

More gamesmanship.

It was 4 on 4, and Kelly drew a penalty with an excellent rush where he beat the defenceman wide. Then Ottawa failed to score on the PP.

But Ottawa was dominating the early part of play in that period.

Basically people are trying to fit the situation to the facts, and it just doesn't match up very well.

You can think what you like, but it's pretty obvious that your argument doesn't make any real sense at all.

Last edited:

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa
Can you send it to me? I'd appreciate it, ;)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are you talking about?

Can I send what to you?

In your eyes Alfie is guilty until he proves himself innocent.

2 Cases:
1. What if there really was no intent to injure, in which case you say don't believe him and call him classless
2. What if he had intent, he had a brain fart and ripped one at Neidermeyer in the eat of the moment and he is a liar for not fessing up to it.

Either way everyone crucifies him.

If Alfie really had malicious intent he could have ripped one at Neidermeyer's pills and made him impotent or his head and rendered him unconscious.

chi777

Feb 23, 2006
Face no adversity?

Give me a ****ing break.

Every time the team has hit a challenge in these playoffs, Alfie has stepped up.

From his OT winning goal to his game-tying goal in Game 3, which was incidentally the 3rd of three come backs.

Your argument holds no merit whatsoever.

What's particularly funny is that people are portraying it as if the Ducks came out like gangbusters in the 3rd, somehow "inspired" by what Alfredsson did.

More gamesmanship.

It was 4 on 4, and Kelly drew a penalty with an excellent rush where he beat the defenceman wide. Then Ottawa failed to score on the PP.

But Ottawa was dominating the early part of play in that period.

Basically people are trying to fit the situation to the facts, and it just doesn't match up very well.

Are you trying to tell me the Sens faced any kind of pressure they were feeling at the end of the 2nd last night. Ottawa walked through the first 3 rounds. They were never behind in any series, no one hit them except Gary Roberts, Emery faced no shots, and Alfie and the rest of the cASH line didn't face the tough D they are up against now. Bottom line is Alfie couldn't keep his head going 2-2 into the third and he did something stupid. It reminded me of when Esche tried to fight one of the Sabres after getting lit up and pulled last year in the playoffs. He said he did it to try to spark the team but it was frustration and he spazzed out just like Alfredson did.

Like is said, it's a lot easier to keep you cool and perform (and do what Alfie did in the first 3 rounds) when your team has been mostly in control and you don't really have to lead or guide them. But the pressure of the Cup, the prospect of losing at home and being down 3-1 going to Anaheim was too much pressure for your "captain" and he choked, again.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Face no adversity?

Give me a ****ing break.

Anyone who thinks that there isn't adversity in advancing past the first three rounds of the playoffs is someone who doesn't have an appreciation for what the Stanley Cup playoffs.

There is no such thing as an easy playoff series victory. People who have opinions to the contrary shouldn't be taken seriously.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site

You're not the first person to employ this type of circular logic around here, and unfortunately, you won't be hte last.

Essentially, the Sens were able to beat their previous opponents, therefore, their opponents were not an adequate challenge. Their current opponents are beating them, therefore, they are the only opponents they have faced that could have beaten them, and they are failing.

It's truly infantile logic.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Are you trying to tell me the Sens faced any kind of pressure they were feeling at the end of the 2nd last night. Ottawa walked through the first 3 rounds. They were never behind in any series, no one hit them except Gary Roberts, Emery faced no shots, and Alfie and the rest of the cASH line didn't face the tough D they are up against now. Bottom line is Alfie couldn't keep his head going 2-2 into the third and he did something stupid. It reminded me of when Esche tried to fight one of the Sabres after getting lit up and pulled last year in the playoffs. He said he did it to try to spark the team but it was frustration and he spazzed out just like Alfredson did.

Like is said, it's a lot easier to keep you cool and perform (and do what Alfie did in the first 3 rounds) when your team has been mostly in control and you don't really have to lead or guide them. But the pressure of the Cup, the prospect of losing at home and being down 3-1 going to Anaheim was too much pressure for your "captain" and he choked, again.

This user is bang on!
Early on the adversity was 'can you win two games in a row to start a series.'
We never were behind in any series.
We suffered no injures in any series (excepting Eaves).
We never faced a goaltender capable of stealing a series (Miller was lukewarm, Brodeur was imploding, Fleury was in his first playoffs)
We never had any type of pressure on us.

But NOW we do have pressure, we ARE behind in a series, we ARE facing an elite goaltender and the top line is on vacation, captain included.

Alfredsson did great when the wheels were turning for him...now they're mired in some muck. Let's see if he rolls up his sleeves and gets it done.
Because otherwise, all the comparisons to Mark Messier will be so much hot air!

And by the way Alfie, if you're as good as leader as Mark Messier is (Muckler seems to think so!) call your damned shot tomorrow and win this game by yourself!

:rant::rant::teach:

denn0069

Apr 9, 2007
Ottawa
I cant believe how much whining Anaheim fans are doing over this its riddiculous, have a look at how your WHOLE team plays before this.

Their always rubbing gloves in people face, some elbow other players, and they play illegal hockey and get away with it.

Get over it Alfredson touched Neidermeyer trust me you guys have done MUCH worse.

hockeyscribe22*

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are you talking about?

Can I send what to you?

In your eyes Alfie is guilty until he proves himself innocent.

2 Cases:
1. What if there really was no intent to injure, in which case you say don't believe him and call him classless
2. What if he had intent, he had a brain fart and ripped one at Neidermeyer in the eat of the moment and he is a liar for not fessing up to it.

Either way everyone crucifies him.

If Alfie really had malicious intent he could have ripped one at Neidermeyer's pills and made him impotent or his head and rendered him unconscious.

Love the whiskey comment! :handclap:

Not sure on the "eat of the moment". :huh:

As far as "malicious intent" goes, any time you rip a puck at someone when their guard is down, that my friend is "malicious intent". Ever play the game? If you did, then you must be drinking the aforementioned whiskey!

By the way, isn't Niedermayer suffering from a leg injury? :sarcasm:

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

As far as "malicious intent" goes, any time you rip a puck at someone when their guard is down, that my friend is "malicious intent". Ever play the game? If you did, then you must be drinking the aforementioned whiskey!

Do you think it would be better if Alfie whacked Neidermeyer over the head with his stick?

Which is exactly the offense your captain got a 10 day suspension for, as well as a hefty fine a few years ago while he was with the Devils.

Scott N doesnt have a reputation as a saint you know, far from it.

By the way, Pronger has a long rap sheet, Neidermeyer has one of the longest suspensions in league history and your team is considered one of, if not the dirtiest in the league.

By the way, Daniel Alfredsson has never had a suspension and, in fact , was a Lady Byng nominee (and nearly winner).

Just saying.

hockeyscribe22*

Let me make this clear..

Do you think it would be better if Alfie whacked Neidermeyer over the head with his stick?

Which is exactly the offense your captain got a 10 day suspension for, as well as a hefty fine a few years ago while he was with the Devils.

Scott N doesnt have a reputation as a saint you know, far from it.

By the way, Pronger has a long rap sheet, Neidermeyer has one of the longest suspensions in league history and your team is considered one of, if not the dirtiest in the league.

By the way, Daniel Alfredsson has never had a suspension and, in fact , was a Lady Byng nominee (and nearly winner).

Just saying.

I'm not a Ducks fan. In fact I like the Senators more but not really a fan of any team right now. I'm from Boston, grew up a Bruins and Wings fan, with Steve Yzerman, Cam Neely, Andy Moog and Ray Bourque my favorite players.

Now what I meant by the leg injury reference was, funny how Alfie shot at his leg, which was already injured.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fine. Deny it all you want but everyone in the league knows that when the going gets tough, Alfie and the Sens will fall apart. It's happend every season and will always happen.

What does that say about every other team that hasn't won the Cup?

How has he fallen apart when he's scored 2 goals in the past two games?

Apparently the only time Ottawa faces adversity is when they lose.

If they win, it was a piece of cake.

If they come back in a game, like three times in Game 3, that's not adversity.

If they give up a late goal (like with 7 seconds left), and yet pull out the victory in OT, that's not adversity.

AdsSabresRule

Oct 13, 2006
Harrisburg, PA
True dat'!

Fine. Deny it all you want but everyone in the league knows that when the going gets tough, Alfie and the Sens will fall apart. It's happend every season and will always happen.

Hey. I am rooting for the Sens. BUT lets be honest. Anaheim has ONE game - ground you, pound you, and make you cough up the puck, and intimidate you into KNOWING you can beat them physically. That's it. I think the Sens, offensively, are MUCH more talented than the Ducks...That being said, the Ducks just intimidate people, and that's it. Eyes in the back of your heads. That's all it is. Alfie got frustrated. It happens...As for the 'fall apart' - the truth is the the truth - until it AIN'T the truth...
GL tomorrow...
:)

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa

If Alfie wanted to hurt he would have hurt him. Calling him classless and that a gutless move is ridiculous and making it a mountain out of a mole hill.

ice_nine

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa

We've faced more adversity this season then any other season. We had a horrible start followed by multiple injuries to key players. The criticism this team faced was enormous.

Suffice to say, we seem to have adequately overcome this adversity.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
Hey. I am rooting for the Sens. BUT lets be honest. Anaheim has ONE game - ground you, pound you, and make you cough up the puck, and intimidate you into KNOWING you can beat them physically. That's it. I think the Sens, offensively, are MUCH more talented than the Ducks...That being said, the Ducks just intimidate people, and that's it. Eyes in the back of your heads. That's all it is. Alfie got frustrated. It happens...As for the 'fall apart' - the truth is the the truth - until it AIN'T the truth...
GL tomorrow...
:)

Thanks for the support! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad