Alfie's Shot at Niedermeyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
The video speaks for itself, he angled his body directly towards Niedermayer and shot it as hard as he could, he is flatout lying if he claims to have been trying to shoot the puck on net because the puck was not even close to being on line towards the net, if he had just put his head down and shot it that would be one thing, but he looked directly at the person he was about to shoot at and nobody was pressuring him so it's not like he had to fire the puck or risk a turnover and scoring chance.

And I am not one of these Sens haters because before now the Ducks have hardly played them and there is no history of bad blood, I don't know why he would do something like that but there is, you could tell by the look on his face during and after the scrum that he knew what he did.

Yeah, Beauchemin's in the way and he looks for another shot.

What look?

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
The video speaks for itself, he angled his body directly towards Niedermayer and shot it as hard as he could, he is flatout lying if he claims to have been trying to shoot the puck on net because the puck was not even close to being on line towards the net, if he had just put his head down and shot it that would be one thing, but he looked directly at the person he was about to shoot at and nobody was pressuring him so it's not like he had to fire the puck or risk a turnover and scoring chance.

Exactly, the video speak for itself. Beauchemin is pressuring him so he has to angle his body to shoot the puck beside Beauchemin. Look at Niedermayers trajectory.. he is skating beside Beauchemin but backs up behind him, right in the shooting lane. All that in about 1 second.

Lindy

Aug 9, 2005
Leatherhead, UK
Ah come on...Neidermayer is one of the dirtiest little ****'* in the league...too bad Alfie didn't put it off his teeth.

Go watch him play live and see the stick work he does as the play moves away or up the ice. He was notorious in when he played for the Devils...always whacking guys in the back of the knee's and gouging ribs...I'm surprised someone hasn't knocked him cold for all the crap he pulls.

I also remember his brother Rob getting his clock cleaned and having concussion problems when he first came into the league and he whined to the press about guys hitting too hard....call the whambulance Robbie....:p:

This is the biggest peice of hipocracy (sp?) I've seen in a long time!!! You should try watching one of your own, aka Chris Neil, if you want to see dirty play and whacking guys with the stick behind the play. HE is a nasty peice of work with not one ounce of class in him. And by the way - I'm not a Ducks fan! :rant:

SouthernHockey

Jun 5, 2007
Exactly, the video speak for itself. Beauchemin is pressuring him so he has to angle his body to shoot the puck beside Beauchemin. Look at Niedermayers trajectory.. he is skating beside Beauchemin but backs up behind him, right in the shooting lane. All that in about 1 second.

This statement is the most absurd post on this thread bar none.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
you know what pisses me off. Everyone has stopped talking about that piece of **** Pronger who is out there trying to end players careers. Alfie has not been suspended 5 or 6 times.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
you know what pisses me off. Everyone has stopped talking about that piece of **** Pronger who is out there trying to end players careers. Alfie has not been suspended 5 or 6 times.

I know...I have no idea how the media doesn't rip up Pronger, but somehow out of this series and throughout the playoffs...Ducks have taken more penalties, three suspensions...and the result is that the Senators are the dirtiest team in the NHL. I would like to know who the PR people are...as they are doing a great job completely twisting all of the facts.

SouthernHockey

Jun 5, 2007
Thus far your only contribution to HF is slamming Alfie. Your fixation with him is what is absurd.

I bed to differ. The fixation on this thread by some posters seems to be slamming me. Look my friends, I call them just like I see them. Pronger deserved to be suspended for both of his playoff hits. I saw them. I called them. Are you all happy with me now????

No player in this league gets a "free" pass on a play like shooting a puck at another player, at a ref or linesman, or directly in the opposing bench. Simple as that.

newtron

Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa
The US Media, obviously want to see an American team win. The Toronto media, not exactly Sens fans.

That's why we're hearing so much about this. They jumped at the chance to attack Aflie and bring the focus off (as ladybugblue and billpo said) that head-hunting cheap-shot artist, Pronger.

PinkPanther

Apr 5, 2007
SouthernHOckey: You're obsessed with this. Go spread your intense hatred somewhere else. Please.

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa

I bed to differ. The fixation on this thread by some posters seems to be slamming me. Look my friends, I call them just like I see them. Pronger deserved to be suspended for both of his playoff hits. I saw them. I called them. Are you all happy with me now????

No player in this league gets a "free" pass on a play like shooting a puck at another player, at a ref or linesman, or directly in the opposing bench. Simple as that.

What about shooting it directly into the crowd?

PinkPanther

Apr 5, 2007
The US Media, obviously want to see an American team win. The Toronto media, not exactly Sens fans.

That's why we're hearing so much about this. They jumped at the chance to attack Aflie and bring the focus off (as ladybugblue and billpo said) that head-hunting cheap-shot artist, Pronger.

I live in Toronto and I gotta agree with this statement. However yesterday much to my surprise Nick Kepryos of SNet said he couldn't believe the media was still talking about this. But then what surprised me even more is that Bill Watters, a Leaf faithful, said he truly believed Alfie did not do it on purpose. He thought it was absolute rubbish.

What;s really funny is how on TSN, Mike Duthie, Pierre McGuire, and Bob McKenzie discussed a couple of Alfie's past hits that people have complained about, largely LEaf fans who have done the bulk of the complaining (especially about the hit on Tucker). What was funny was when Duthie was talking about it, both Pierre McGuire and Bob McKenzie were laughing with each other as they quietly mocked how Leaf fans have been reacting to this for years now. It was hilarious.

SouthernHockey

Jun 5, 2007
SouthernHOckey: You're obsessed with this. Go spread your intense hatred somewhere else. Please.

Again, you lash out at me. Look, accusing me of "intense hatred" based on my posts is like me saying you have blonde hair and blue eyes because you are a woman. Hatred is an intense word and does not reflect my feelings or intentions whatsoever. I believe that I can honestly say that I have no hatred for anyone. I'm happy in life, happy in marriage, happy because I am nearing retirement, financially happy, and happy to love a game like hockey along with all my other hobbies/diversions in life. As I previously stated, Alfredsson would be a welcome addition to any team I am cheering for anytime. I like his style of play. I like his desire. I appreciate his leadership. I am always impressed with his shot in terms of accuracy and hardness. And I feel he is normally a gentleman. But in this case, I believe he lost his cool and did a cowardly act that displayed a complete lack of sportsmanship. He'll survive. I'll survive. And we all will watch tonight to see who will win the game. So, good luck tonight alll Ottawa Senator Fans. I'm certain it will be a very entertaining game.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Dean McAmmond in an interview last night said he's feeling better, but it's head stuff and he feels like he's working with a dial-up connection instead of hi-speed internet. But while he's trying to recover from a vicous headshot, Carlyle and Duck players are making threats against Alfredsson because a defenseman got hit with a puck. Get a grip media, Duck fans and Alfie haters.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
They were definitely shouting threats on the ice, but that's the way it should be. I don't remember hearing threats through the media.

YellHockey*

Wow, I just watched the Pierre McGuire youtube. His level of doucheness has reached new levels. Why do we have him on our TGOR morning shows again?

Because he is the NHL's minister of information spreading Bettman's propaganda to the masses.

"The New NHL is great! The officiating has never been this good!"

"The new NHL jerseys are awesome and everyone loves them!"

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Threats may be too strong, it's the yapping while McAmmond is working through his mugging that ticked me off. They are talking about class and respect because of that when they 3 suspensions in these playoffs, and Carlyle saying "We have a very good memory in this team", which is a threat.

mtnhiker

Apr 14, 2007
In the heat of battle, and because he just hates to lose, Alfie made a mistake. He made one friggin mistake. Having said that, there isn't a player in the NHL who has more dignity and honor than Daniel Alfredsson, and there are few NHL captains who have ever commanded more respect than he has over the years. Because of his unquestionable character on and off the ice...and his passion on the ice...Daniel Alfredsson will get a bye for what happened the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad