Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Whenever I see a post from mtnhiker, I get The Temptations to sing that song

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
Holy crap people are still talking about this??!?!?!?!?!

You'd think he did something like...I dont know, throw an elbow at someone's head on purpose.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Holy crap people are still talking about this??!?!?!?!?!

You'd think he did something like...I dont know, throw an elbow at someone's head on purpose.

This is nowhere near done.

If the Sens get eliminated Alfredsson will be asked about this in the post-mortem press conferences and so will Muckler.
It will be rehashed over and over and over and over and hung over Alfie's head in hopes of shaming him and belittling him.

The only way he gets out of this mess is by winning the Cup.

How utterly unfair to this athlete.

:shakehead:shakehead:rant:

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
This is nowhere near done.

If the Sens get eliminated Alfredsson will be asked about this in the post-mortem press conferences and so will Muckler.
It will be rehashed over and over and over and over and hung over Alfie's head in hopes of shaming him and belittling him.

The only way he gets out of this mess is by winning the Cup.

:shakehead:shakehead:rant:

It's funny how Pronger's more deliberate act to take off someone's head is written off as a "mistake".

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
It's funny how Pronger's more deliberate act to take off someone's head is written off as a "mistake".

Not by everyone at all, but certainly by the big mouth Pierre McGuire who is really riding this as hard as he can(while at the same time telling Sens fans how much he loves and admires them).

What a jerk.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Not by everyone at all, but certainly by the big mouth Pierre McGuire who is really riding this as hard as he can(while at the same time telling Sens fans how much he loves and admires them).

What a jerk.

I agree. I used to respect Mcguire. I don't know what has happened to this guy, but I can't stand listening anymore. It seems to me he should be switching to the WWF with all the grandstanding. **** him.!!!

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
You people are a joke!!! Alfredsson slapped the puck directly at Niedermayer.
I have seen the video over and over. Another poster wrote that the puck seemed caught in his skates. Huh?

Just watch the video. And stop being in denial.

NO SENS NO!!!! :shakehead NO SENS NO!!!!!! :biglaugh: NO SENS NO!!!!!!

If you are a Chicago fan, the last laugh is on you......

Faktisti*

mayby alfie was desperate. he looked to niedermayer and thought: scott, you little piece of ****, im gona kill you, here taste this, you mother ******..!!!!!!!

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City

It isn't unfair at all - do something stupid and it will stick with you for a bit. It kind of should be expected, especially since it looked so painfully obvious.

I was going for the Sens big time so seeing that annoyed me. Its a stupid thing to do.

It isn't unfair what will happen to Pronger for his stupid act, it isn't unfair what will happen to Alfie.

And I don't think it will be as bad as you said - Alfie will face some heat but it will go away. It won't be like the Bertuzzi stigma. At least no one got hurt so it just stays a dumb thing to do and people will forget.

r.ramjet

May 1, 2007
I was curious whta you guys thought about Alf's play at the end of 2nd period.
As a fan, were you surprised, furious or did you think that was an accident?

btw, I'm a duck fan and does not really like....well, let me say this, Pronger is not my favroite player.
He surely is one of the best players, but the main reason why I like having Pronger on Duck is that they dont have to play against a team with Pronger ;p

So...again, i was wondering how you the ottawa fans felt on the play tonight.

It was no accident, just a Swedish display of anger, with a feminine touch. Which means basically the chance of hurting someone by shooting the puck at them is remote, so it's a girly man gesture like a girl pulling hair in a fight.
Alfie only hurt himself and lost more respect from his teammates as well as most of the fans with two functioning brain cells or more.... :p:
If he was frustrated at Niedermeyer or the Ducks in general after the Sens played a weak second period, and if he had a pair, he would have spoke to Niedermeyer face to face instead of this sort of garbage.
It shows that the Sens are feeling the pressure and their captain like most Swedish captains can't handle pressure..... same as the Twins and other assorted Swedes around the NHL.;)

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
It's interesting that people are trying to read his mind and assume what he was thinking. Heck perhaps he was mad that his dad didn't love him when he was a kid, and at that moment, that EXACT moment, childhood memories surfaced.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
It was no accident, just a Swedish display of anger, with a feminine touch. Which means basically the chance of hurting someone by shooting the puck at them is remote, so it's a girly man gesture like a girl pulling hair in a fight.
Alfie only hurt himself and lost more respect from his teammates as well as most of the fans with two functioning brain cells or more.... :p:
If he was frustrated at Niedermeyer or the Ducks in general after the Sens played a weak second period, and if he had a pair, he would have spoke to Niedermeyer face to face instead of this sort of garbage.
It shows that the Sens are feeling the pressure and their captain like most Swedish captains can't handle pressure..... same as the Twins and other assorted Swedes around the NHL.;)

Well, at least our swede captain has taken us to the finals.....:p:

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Funny how nobody was talking about that except McGuire and the NBC crew. Why would Alfi shoot the puck at Niedermayer?? Why would he be frustrated at Niedermayer?? They've just tied the game and possibly getting back the momentum.

I have more of a problem with his hit on Tallinder. At leats Sabres fan had a case. This is just media hyped BS that every sens haters are jumping on right now. Anaheim have bullyied their way to the Stanley cup but nobody seems to have a problem with that. Ask Kim Jonsson if he thinks the Ducks are playing nice hockey, ask Luongo and Hasek if the Ducks are crashing the net. How about Holmstrom and McAmmond? They have been the most penalized team in the playoffs, suspended 3 times... but everybody is on Alfi's back for shooting a puck who happened to hit a guy that was backing up into the shooting lane.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Funny how nobody was talking about that except McGuire and the NBC crew. Why would Alfi shoot the puck at Niedermayer?? Why would he be frustrated at Niedermayer?? They've just tied the game and possibly getting back the momentum.

I have more of a problem with his hit on Tallinder. At leats Sabres fan had a case. This is just media hyped BS that every sens haters are jumping on right now. Anaheim have bullyied their way to the Stanley cup but nobody seems to have a problem with that. Ask Kim Jonsson if he thinks the Ducks are playing nice hockey, ask Luongo and Hasek if the Ducks are crashing the net. How about Holmstrom and McAmmond? They have been the most penalized team in the playoffs, suspended 3 times... but everybody is on Alfi's back for shooting a puck who happened to hit a guy that was backing up into the shooting lane.
It is possible for Alfie to be frustrated. In 4 games he's had 2 g 1a, his linemates Heatley has 1 g, and Spezza has 2 a. The Ducks have been physical with that line all series, they only scored 1 goal in the first when it seems like they could have had more. There's also all the bullying that you even say Anaheim does. It's his first trip to the finals after 11 seasons, he may also be excited by that. Or maybe he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It is possible that in the moment it was just too much.

And the reason why "everybody is on Alfie's back" is because they feel he shot the puck intentionally at Niedermayer. Now you believe it wasn't intentional, and nothing's wrong with that. I personally believe it was intentional, it hit in the midsection/chest, which seems to me too high to even stay in the rink. (By the way, his explanation isn't that he's shooting the puck, it's that he's dumping it in. Niedermayer is nowhere near the net, and if he said he was shooting at the net it would be totally unbelievable. But Nieds is in the way of a dump in.)

Bottom line is, Alfie is getting a little too much flak over this, especially since he's never done anything like this before. But if you believe it was intentional, the incident is a pretty classless move. Not dirty or suspendable, but classless. But don't believe for a second that "nobody seems to have a problem" with what the Ducks have done. There's been plenty of negative press about us all playoffs.

SouthernHockey

Jun 5, 2007

If we all promise to accept your arguments about Holmstrom and McAmmond, will you promise to stop this incessant nonsense that Neidermayer was backing up in the shooting lane to the net? Look at the video closely, Neidermayer is absolutely not directly between Alfredsson and the net. He is clearly off to the side. You guys are unbelievable. Look, support your team. Support your players. Root for your team to win the Cup. Cheer their goals and their hits but stop your idiotic nonsense about Alfie shooting at the net. It just did not happen that way. Hey, if it makes everyone feel better we can argue that his shot was not intentionally aimed at Neidermayer but there is positively no question that Neidermayer is not, I repeat not, in line with the Ducks goal. Gosh........Youtube the video. Neidermayer is skating backwards about 4 feet on his side of the red line at approximately the top of the Senator logo at center ice. Look at Youtube......if you don't believe me.

Last edited:

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
For the ones who hate Alfie no matter what he does, this story won't end for awhile.

For the media and others, there'll be better and more recent topics to talk about tonight.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
For the ones who hate Alfie no matter what he does, this story won't end for awhile.

For the media and others, there'll be better and more recent topics to talk about tonight.

I dont know, they'll probably still be talking about the fallout from the shot. Basically, anything and everything will have something to do with it. Melnyk eats chicken instead of steak, must have been puck alfie shot at nieds!

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
To those that are shocked people are still talking about this, perhaps you should realize that this is serious. He lost the respect of many NHL players, former NHL players and, most importantly, fans.

I am not a Sens hater. Nor am I a Ducks hater. I am rooting for the Ducks, but really long for the Cup to go back to Canada. It's been 14 years? since Montreal won.

Pronger's hit on McAmmond was vicious. He waited for McAmmond to get close enough and swung his elbow out. NBC correspondent, Ray Ferraro, said he put up his elbow and McAmmond skated into it. WRONG! Pronger swung his elbow out just like that black belt guy did in that video of him elbowing some punk-a$$ pimp.

Alfie is just heartless and punchless. Classless and disrespectful. You don't shoot the puck at another player, period!!

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007

Then can we please stop responding to them. Let them get worked up about it until their collective faces turn blue. We certainly shouldn't have to read it or listen to it.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
To those that are shocked people are still talking about this, perhaps you should realize that this is serious. He lost the respect of many NHL players, former NHL players and, most importantly, fans.

I am not a Sens hater. Nor am I a Ducks hater. I am rooting for the Ducks, but really long for the Cup to go back to Canada. It's been 14 years? since Montreal won.

Pronger's hit on McAmmond was vicious. He waited for McAmmond to get close enough and swung his elbow out. NBC correspondent, Ray Ferraro, said he put up his elbow and McAmmond skated into it. WRONG! Pronger swung his elbow out just like that black belt guy did in that video of him elbowing some punk-a$$ pimp.

Alfie is just heartless and punchless. Classless and disrespectful. You don't shoot the puck at another player, period!!

Heartless, classless and disrespectful? Apparently you've never lived in the city of Ottawa and followed this team for more than the past week.

- Alfie donates his time and money to various charities, including hospital visits
- When the team was having financial trouble, Alfie, the CAPTAIN, was the first to say to the team "hold onto my paycheque until things get better"
- He has taken the brunt of all negative media attention in the past about playoff failures, and never once complained or diverted attention away from himself
- He took a big paycut in order to stay with the team

Alfie is a true team player, a great person, and a fantastic captain for the city of Ottawa. I'd donate my left kidney to him if he asked.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I hope you feel better now.

I have been following the Sens for several years. And while I do not live in Ottawa and get to see Alfredsson's philanthropic work, which I am sure is great, I did see the hit on Tallinder and the childish shot at Niedermayer.

I hope this goes to rest because, while Alfie is a (whatever) for being so stupid, Ottawa is still the best organization in ice hockey.

But I do like your comment about childhood memories surfacing just before he slapped that puck at a 3-TIME STANLEY CUP RING WEARER

pt_mck

Jul 1, 2005
Ottawa
I hope you feel better now.

I have been following the Sens for several years. And while I do not live in Ottawa and get to see Alfredsson's philanthropic work, which I am sure is great, I did see the hit on Tallinder and the childish shot at Niedermayer.

I hope this goes to rest because, while Alfie is a (whatever) for being so stupid, Ottawa is still the best organization in ice hockey.

But I do like your comment about childhood memories surfacing just before he slapped that puck at a 3-TIME STANLEY CUP RING WEARER

ShThFU already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad