Alfie's Shot at Niedermeyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Whatever gets you guys to sleep at night. Alfie, and the Sens as a whole, have the reputation of cracking under playoff pressure. Now at the time of the season when the rest of the team needs his leadership the most he pulls this cowardly and lame stunt. Oh well, it will all be over tomorrow and Alfie the Choker can live on until he choks next playoffs.

Keep your heads in the sand Sens fans.

lol, Alfredsson has the most goals of any player in the playoffs, and the most GWG of any player.

still trolls and their revisionist history.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Whatever gets you guys to sleep at night. Alfie, and the Sens as a whole, have the reputation of cracking under playoff pressure. Now at the time of the season when the rest of the team needs his leadership the most he pulls this cowardly and lame stunt. Oh well, it will all be over tomorrow and Alfie the Choker can live on until he choks next playoffs.

Keep your heads in the sand Sens fans.

Jesus.

I am far from a Sens fan, and just as far from a Ducks fan.

But these type of posts are not needed in any forum, ever.

Chill out, dude. Unless you're a Ducks fan, the Sens did better than your team... get over it.

SoulPatch

Sep 29, 2006
Jesus.

I am far from a Sens fan, and just as far from a Ducks fan.

But these type of posts are not needed in any forum, ever.

Chill out, dude. Unless you're a Ducks fan, the Sens did better than your team... get over it.

He's a Sabre's fan, and he's heartbroken that we destroyed his team in 5 games. So his trolling "helps him sleep at night".

Disgruntled

Feb 22, 2007
Ottawa
I'm not a Ducks fan. In fact I like the Senators more but not really a fan of any team right now. I'm from Boston, grew up a Bruins and Wings fan, with Steve Yzerman, Cam Neely, Andy Moog and Ray Bourque my favorite players.

Now what I meant by the leg injury reference was, funny how Alfie shot at his leg, which was already injured.

Are you kidding me? Have you SEEN Alfredsson shoot? One of the biggest gripes about him his entire career was missing the net! I guess he got such great accuracy on a slapshot over night.

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
As to this topic, we would not be here without Alfie. Alfie wants the cup as much as anyone. People block slap shots every game - its not like he elbowed Neids to the head. **** the US media and **** the Toronto-based media too.

GOAT

Dec 5, 2006
Ottawa
It seems to me that this thread is being driven by some VERY bored hockey fans. Why are they bored? Because their teams choked 1, 2, or 3 rounds before the ultimate choker, Daniel Alfredsson. Some of them choked in the regular season, be it on the last day, or shortly after the all-star break!!!

I certainly hope they were just as bored on Sunday, and felt the need to attack Chris Pronger and the Ducks for the elbow. I feel sorry for the poor Ducks fans that were forced to defend him. The positive? In some ways, this brings Sens fans and Ducks fans together.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: 8 page thread because, wait, wait for it....

A DEFENCEMAN GOT HIT BY A PUCK!!!!!!!!

Like, oh my GOD, call the cops and suspend Alfie right freakin' NOW!

Better get a paddy wagon and get Colie Campbell in the building because every 2nd shot from the point there is gonna be a need to lock someone up.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Visitors to Sensland....
Please note that all Sensfans are crazy, dirty-team protecting, sycophants! :teach:

We couldn't possibly find it hard to believe that Alfie delibrately shot the puck at another player... because we've rarely if ever seen him lose his temper... even in the face of the most inane and baiting media questions that the Toronto media can throw at him.

SoulPatch

Sep 29, 2006
Wow, I just watched the Pierre McGuire youtube. His level of doucheness has reached new levels. Why do we have him on our TGOR morning shows again? I don't wanna hear his opinion on anything related to Ottawa ever again.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

All those ****ers need to stop shooting at A-trains legs, theres no way he has 30 more blocked shots then everyone else, with all these amazing snipers in the league, theres no way they could accidentaly shoot the puck into him that many more times than anyone else.

:nopity:

Roy G Biv*

The Senators should be outraged that they only put 20 minutes of good hockey together. They should be outraged that everyone is talking about their captain in a negative light.

Whatever you may think about what Alfredsson did, it was an incident that was born out of frustration or anger at how his team was playing. Maybe it's time that the Ottawa Senators show everyone what they are made of and rally around their captain, win a game in Anaheim and send the series back to Ottawa. After they do that then they can say “don't talk about our captain like that.â€

Alfredsson has been the best player through the first three round of the playoffs. He is at his absolute best when he is playing on the edge. The hit on Henrik Tallinder in the Eastern Conference finals is a perfect example of that. He's been so-so at best in the Finals but lots of other guys on the team have been a lot worse than him. It's time the Senators band together and rally around their captain.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/bob_mckenzie/

Hell yah.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
Being from Canada I am still behind the Sens but what your teams captain did yesterday was a JOKE....What was he thinking..... Alot of people lost respect for what Alfie did and I think that the Duck players will be looking to plant him into the boards and finishing their checks on him all night tomorrow

IdiotsPickedMyName*

Being from Canada I am still behind the Sens but what your teams captain did yesterday was a JOKE....What was he thinking..... Alot of people lost respect for what Alfie did and I think that the Duck players will be looking to plant him into the boards and finishing their checks on him all night tomorrow

Nied to alfie: Im going to smoke you into the boards all night until you get angry for that stunt

Alfie: you wouldn't like me when im angry

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

Possibly, but seriously... read my post above.
Alfie has been nice, extremely nice to a Canadian (Toronto) media who would love nothing better than to see him lose in disgrace. I think that everybody on this board has "lost it" watching him in those interviews.

In that context, the debate about whether he delibrately shot a puck at another player in a tie game, down 2-1 in a series is absurd. He didn't, he wouldn't have. If he wouldn't have shoved a microphone so far down that reporters' throat that he would have choked and died... like I would have, there's no way Alfie would have lost his cool in such a nothing situation.

Disgruntled

Feb 22, 2007
Ottawa
Like I give a **** what a bunch of non-Sens fans think of our Captain. Oooo no, you have no respect for him. Well guess what, he has 12 goals and 8 assists and has pretty much been the best player these playoffs. Frankly, his shooting a puck at another player, intended or not, and the loss of respect from a bunch of outsiders means complete and utter nothingness to me, because to Sens fans, he's nothing short of amazing.

IdiotsPickedMyName*

My favourite are the posters who are like.

"His shots too good he could never have accidental hit him"

and then go on to say

"What if the shot got away and he hit him in the face"

If his shots so good he couldn't accidentaly hit someone, how is his shot so bad he could accidentaly hit someone?

Randall Graves*

The most notable thing about that is the over the top comentary-Pierre McGuire, attention *****.

It does not in my opinion, affect Daniel Alfredsson's reputation, but that ass McGuire.

Here is the quote from Steve Simmons who attacks Alfie throuought the aritcle.

Daniel Alfredsson stopped, aimed and fired in the direction of Scott Niedermayer, missing the defenceman, but possibly killing his Ottawa Senators in the process.

This is like Carlyle blaming Neil for a hit that didnt connect-a shot that didnt hit the player. Either a shot acoross the bows saying keep your head up - or a mistake.

You would think he put Neidermeyer in the hospital for life.

This is even more proof that this is much ado about nothing.But it sure brought out all the Alfie-haters.

McGuire knows more about Alfie than the NBC announcers and for him to go ahead full bore and fuel the flames rather than to provide a balanced view is just in keeping with his behavior all playoffs, pimping first the Penguins then the Sabres and now the Ducks.He works for NBC and they are firmly on the Ducks bandwagon and eager to take the spotlight off Pronger's dirty play.

Daniel Alfredsson remains what he has always been a man with integrity and class, Pierre McGuire, not so much.
Simmons is wrong, the puck clearly hits Niedermayer around the chest, there is no way Alfredsson was aiming for the net, it wouldn't have been anywhere near the goal it would not have even crossed the goalline it was that far off.

A player with his skill level doesn't miss by that much and he didn't whiff on the puck he shot it about as hard as he could, it's very clear what his intention was but he shouldn't be suspended.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
A player with his skill level doesn't miss by that much and he didn't whiff on the puck he shot it about as hard as he could, it's very clear what his intention was but he shouldn't be suspended.

A player with his temperment wouldn't have assaulted another player for no reason at a meaningles point in a tie game.

It appears that we're at a stalemate.

Randall Graves*

A player with his temperment wouldn't have assaulted another player for no reason at a meaningles point in a tie game.

It appears that we're at a stalemate.
The video speaks for itself, he angled his body directly towards Niedermayer and shot it as hard as he could, he is flatout lying if he claims to have been trying to shoot the puck on net because the puck was not even close to being on line towards the net, if he had just put his head down and shot it that would be one thing, but he looked directly at the person he was about to shoot at and nobody was pressuring him so it's not like he had to fire the puck or risk a turnover and scoring chance.

And I am not one of these Sens haters because before now the Ducks have hardly played them and there is no history of bad blood, I don't know why he would do something like that but there is, you could tell by the look on his face during and after the scrum that he knew what he did.

hockeymum

May 26, 2006
edmonton, alberta
I was curious whta you guys thought about Alf's play at the end of 2nd period.
As a fan, were you surprised, furious or did you think that was an accident?

btw, I'm a duck fan and does not really like....well, let me say this, Pronger is not my favroite player.
He surely is one of the best players, but the main reason why I like having Pronger on Duck is that they dont have to play against a team with Pronger ;p

So...again, i was wondering how you the ottawa fans felt on the play tonight.

Definitely not a pleasant sight but maybe Alfredsson sees himself as the Zinedine Zidane of hockey and Niedermeyer as Marco Materazzi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad