Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
haha. Romanov destroyed a guy at some point. He took like 5 strides to get to the guy. It was not a "Habs playoff style hit". You could tell it was Romy because noone else would have tried it. If it had failed, it would have been bad though.

I hope he keeps playing, but I still think he needs to control his physicality a bit more.
Those hits are so valuable. It means players keep their head up and dont just rush in head down. Slows down the opposing teams transition a lot, unless theyre f***ing madmen.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
well it's great to hear that there was no funny business. Hope we can find a way to draw him in. Good on him though for doing the team first thing. His time will come. He'll be a good one. Hopefully even better than that but I doubt he's any less than a #4. We'll see.

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
A true young professional. Great attitude. He'll be even hungrier when he's back for good.

Cute panda gonna become big panda =)

Reactions: Gyfu

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Those hits are so valuable. It means players keep their head up and dont just rush in head down. Slows down the opposing teams transition a lot, unless theyre f***ing madmen.

The value of Emelin's hitting game was so undervalued. His ability to deliver regular monster hits impacted the game as players watched out for him , not wanting to be crunched and ending up on the highlight reel. He dialed it back at I think the order of MT because big hits meant the risk of being caught out of position.

Anyway, would love it if Romanov can do that for us. You know, it's also fun to watch.

And both clean hitters.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Watching Romanov, KK, CC, Evans and Suzuki with their enthusiasm and excitement is great to watch. And note, 4 of the 5 were drafted by us, the other adopted as a toddler.

Romanov does have a great attitude, but all of these guys seem to have that. Wonderful.

EDIT Just realized most of these guys have yet to see a capacity Bell crowd, wow

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
No worries, he’s just missing some pretty key development. He’s too young to realize he’s being played. Good attitude or lack of wisdom?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
No worries, he’s just missing some pretty key development. He’s too young to realize he’s being played. Good attitude or lack of wisdom?
Wtf is this? Lol. He's 21 years old, it's not surprising the coaching staff is hesitant to throw him out there during a deep playoff run. If they did, and he struggled, they'd be dumb for "rushing him". Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Reactions: aresknights

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he's been missing key development time for 2 years in the KHL when he was mostly a 5th t0 7th D, since I watched a lot of his games there. So I'm sure he's used to it.

Reactions: aresknights

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Watching Romanov, KK, CC, Evans and Suzuki with their enthusiasm and excitement is great to watch. And note, 4 of the 5 were drafted by us, the other adopted as a toddler.

Romanov does have a great attitude, but all of these guys seem to have that. Wonderful.

EDIT Just realized most of these guys have yet to see a capacity Bell crowd, wow

Most of these kids have probably never been to Vegas either :D should be a fun exciting trip for them

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I just watched Romanov's press conference on rds.

He is just such a nice kid. Some of it is language barrier, but still. I'm glad to see he has a good attitude through it all.
He sounds so naive and innocent. Then you remember he married an absolute babe and hits like a truck.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
It's great to watch him go the full Tsar Bomba out there and even better watching opponents line him up and simply bounce off him.

Made of Stalinium.

Reactions: cphabs

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Lets hope this is his Subban in 2010 moment.

Look at his smile. f***ing mad man.

We know Romanov has the skill... his numbers do not do him justice at all to what he can become.

Question is, does he have the will. Let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad