Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
So in other words, Romanov is more physical, and more engaged in the D zone because of it. That's basically what I said.

They are similar in terms of upside. Both mobile, undersized D (Mete much more so) with limited offensive potential, despite being successful offensively in juniors (Mete more so). Romanov has more potential defensively, but not anything special. They had similar rookie seasons with the Habs. We'll see how it goes, but I don't think Romanov is sure fire top-4 D like some here would have you believe.
Not true , Romanov at least has a shot .

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
First the organization needs to decide if he is a RD or a LD and leave him on that side. You don't ask a rookie to be more flexible than your veteran defensemen. Live with the errors if you want to see his offensive ability, not make him feel he will be benched if he makes one. Let him play on the pp, at least he has a shot that gets to the net unlike Drouin and Weber, and more mobility and defensive skill than a player like Gustafson he was benched for. In hindsight he would have developed more playing top pair in Laval than how he was used in Montreal.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
First the organization needs to decide if he is a RD or a LD and leave him on that side. You don't ask a rookie to be more flexible than your veteran defensemen. Live with the errors if you want to see his offensive ability, not make him feel he will be benched if he makes one. Let him play on the pp, at least he has a shot that gets to the net unlike Drouin and Weber, and more mobility and defensive skill than a player like Gustafson he was benched for. In hindsight he would have developed more playing top pair in Laval than how he was used in Montreal.
Iirc Dom Dom said at end of season PC, Romanov didn’t play much in the playoffs because the org sees him as a LDman

I expect he’ll avg 18TOI+ this upcoming season

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Hoping the famous sophomore slump doesn't hit this kid. We need him to be good this season
He wasn't exactly stellar last season. He played well early on, only had, what, 11 points, then crapped the bed in the second half, like every other Hab. Not sure where a sophomore slump comes into play there. If he'd have had a very strong rookie year, then I could see it, but he really didn't. I like him, but let's stop over rating the guy until we see what he can do in a full year with a greater chance for ice time.

Reactions: aresknights

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
No better mentor for Romanov than Sergachev!
They are working out with Romanov's dad and his long time skating coach. Also Romanov's grandpa ZHB(Zinetulla Haidarovich Billyaletdinov) is ought to join them. No better mentor than that for both defencemen. Great to see our legend continuing working with our russian defencemen.

Reactions: Sagikev

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Last year was a tough year to be a rookie. No fans, condensed schedule, an inordinate amount of road trips. I expect him to bounce back. He also had a ridiculous amount of missed shots. Seems like he’d get a nice opportunity once a game and shoot it high or wide.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Last year was a tough year to be a rookie. No fans, condensed schedule, an inordinate amount of road trips. I expect him to bounce back. He also had a ridiculous amount of missed shots. Seems like he’d get a nice opportunity once a game and shoot it high or wide.
I would have still liked to see him do more offensively. After that spring pass to Tatar I told myself "finally, a dman who can make good offensive plays besides Petry" and I havent really seen anything since. I dont see much offensive upside if I'm being honest. Doesnt mean that he wont be a good player.

Reactions: Vachon23

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Can't wait to see what he can do this year.

I really like his skating ability, mobility ability, passing ability and he hit like Alexei Emelin,

He looks like a future solid top 4, maybe more if he put points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad