Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Think he can develop into a top 4. I think top 2 is not out of the question. Good skater. Tough to play against. Decent offensive skills.

He needs to shoot more. He has a terrific slapper & wrister. I think he can be a Hamrlik type, but it won't happen right away.

Think he can be a steady 35-45 point two-way defenseman.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He had a stretch earlier in the season where he was a turnover machine, but he's been great since

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm not sure of his offensive upside yet, but for a 21 year old playing his first season in NA and the NHL, I think he's been pretty solid in his own end.

He gets better each week. Definitely going to be a top 4 defenseman and can see top pair potential.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I'm not sure of his offensive upside yet, but for a 21 year old playing his first season in NA and the NHL, I think he's been pretty solid in his own end.

He gets better each week. Definitely going to be a top 4 defenseman and can see top pair potential.

i agree. And you know what, I think he is already a decent #4. I don’t know why they don’t use him with Petry or Weber already.

Reactions: Tuggy

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
After a few tough games a few weeks ago, looking solid again. Thriving against weaker competition which is the only thing we should ask of him as a rookie D.

Reactions: Andrei79

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I absolutely hate his shot selection. Hope it gets couched out off him pronto, or I will have a serious issue with Sasha.
His shot selection is very weak but he should learn to adjust. It's his terrible in zone play that needs the most work. He just roams all over the place leaving open ice for the opposition. He'll learn, but that his biggest weakness right now.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Playing with Merrill will help him. For the 1st time, Romy will have someone reliable with him and he will have the chance to take more chances offensively (even if I don't he has that much offense in him)

Reactions: Sagikev and Tuggy

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Everybody knows that he's paying the price the day Chiarot and Merrill are playing right? Unless we are sitting Kulak who they seem enamoured with....

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Everybody knows that he's paying the price the day Chiarot and Merrill are playing right? Unless we are sitting Kulak who they seem enamoured with....
Kulak will sit. They're not enamoured with him, he's sat quite a bit in the last year or two when needed.

He plays well with Petry and that's about it.

Merrill will take Oulette's spot, and Chiarot will take Kulak's. AR27 will be given the chance, and it'll be his job to lose back to Kulak.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
He was raw at the start of the season, but he's progressing nicely. I like his edge and his mobility. Definitely top-4. He already is on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad