Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Really like the way he's playing. He's really strong in the corners, great first pass to get out of the zone, head is always up, can take and dish out hits, good skater..there is nothing not to like about him. I predict he will be even better now that he will get to play with a stable veteran partner. I like his steady and consistent progression. He's definitely top 4 material and will able to log a lot of minutes pretty soon.

Reactions: 26Mats

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
This kid is a real deal. For a rookie season, he play very well. I think he can be a good at offensive zone too. So much better than Emelin in every aspect in game. Top 4 for sure, maybe potential to be #2 or #3 if he improve his offensive ability.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Everybody knows that he's paying the price the day Chiarot and Merrill are playing right? Unless we are sitting Kulak who they seem enamoured with....

When Mete first started coming into the lineup, it was Kulak who went out.

I still think Romanov stays in. Now, if Romanov makes a couple mistakes, they may be too quick to sub in Kulak. But I think as of now, Romanov is ahead on the depth charts in the coaches' minds.

Reactions: Vachon23

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Bergevin opened the door yesterday in his presser. "We will play the guys that give us the best chance of playing"

Rip Romanov.

Yeah, he won't be playing all games 'til the end of the season for sure. Ducharme likes his "veterans". He's trying to keep his job for next year, which means he'll ride the veterans and try to please his boss by playing his acquisitions.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Yeah, he won't be playing all games 'til the end of the season for sure. Ducharme likes his "veterans". He's trying to keep his job for next year, which means he'll ride the veterans and try to please his boss by playing his acquisitions.

Since Ducharme took over Suzuki leads our forwards in ice time and Kotkaniemi is 6th, playing even more than Gallagher/Tatar.

Romanov is only averaging 3 seconds less a game than Kulak who has the 4th most ice time on D since DD took over, which is mainly due to the fact Romanov hasn't had a reliable partner to play with recently.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Bergevin opened the door yesterday in his presser. "We will play the guys that give us the best chance of playing"

Rip Romanov.
Omg you can't be serious, again!? they will never get it... If he sits more than couple games (scratch) before the end of the season i am gonna be so pissed

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Real impressed with hit on Reilly. Reilly seemed to be really jarred as he went to bench. That is instincts when you see a hit like that. You can't teach that. I remember Romanov did a real nice hit on Bannstrom early in the season. I think the points will come with experience. Usually between 200-300 games

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Real impressed with hit on Reilly. Reilly seemed to be really jarred as he went to bench. That is instincts when you see a hit like that. You can't teach that. I remember Romanov did a real nice hit on Bannstrom early in the season. I think the points will come with experience. Usually between 200-300 games

I think he becomes a 20-35 pts range guy and solid defensively, once he is in his prime

Reactions: Hins77

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I’d like for anyone on the Habs to sit down and explain to us how Romanov hasn’t out performed Weber, preferably while attached to a lie detector test, if we’re going to be talking about who’s going to give us the best shot at "playing"

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I’d like for anyone on the Habs to sit down and explain to us how Romanov hasn’t out performed Weber, preferably while attached to a lie detector test, if we’re going to be talking about who’s going to give us the best shot at "playing"
Romanov is caught out of position way too often - I was hoping he’d be Weber’s partner by end of this season but he isn’t ready for that kind of matchups & TOI....yet.

He’s having positional issues while facing opposition 3rd & 4th line.....not even the top line.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Romanov is caught out of position way too often - I was hoping he’d be Weber’s partner by end of this season but he isn’t ready for that kind of matchups & TOI....yet.

He’s having positional issues while facing opposition 3rd & 4th line.....not even the top line.

He's playing a way different system than in Russia where he pretty much recovered the puck and went to the bench when it passed the red line. Give him time.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The kid has been solid this year. All youngsters make mistakes but he is trusted to kill penalties and play important minutes. Best Habs draft pick since 07 notwithstanding Caufield.

Reactions: dralaf and Andrei79

IdontSpitOnTheIce

Apr 27, 2012
One of Russia’s best prospect on D. Could be a a Markov/Emelin 2 in 1 combined. Flies under the radar because he’s our most physical dman and is in the other team’s game plan. What a player.

Reactions: Tyson

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Rather Romanov/Caufield get sent to Laval anyways.

Unlike early in the season, he isn't get getting PP time or any real time with the puck to develop offensively. Don't want to see another Mete situation where in 4 years people will say he never had any offensive potential to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad