Player Discussion Alexander Romanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Hopefully they send either Gustafsson or Kulak on the taxi squad. Probably won't be claimed and if either is... well good riddance. I'd rather have both Romanov and Caufield in the lineup than Kulak or Gus keeping them from the team. Imagine having Kulak, a 7th D still making 1.85m for another season, keeping the Habs from icing both Romanov and Caufield at the same time... :huh:

Reactions: DAChampion

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
why on earth was he benched? hurt? because he played fine, better than anyone on the 3rd pairing

whats the reason?
Capspace mishandling AKA Bergevin is incompetent. Oh and he's the only one who didn't have to go through waivers. Yeah, that's how bad this team is run.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Capspace mishandling AKA Bergevin is incompetent. Oh and he's the only one who didn't have to go through waivers. Yeah, that's how bad this team is run.
Habs won the game

Bergevin has a royal flush, you lose

Honestly, Romanov sitting a few games will
Probably do him some good, he’s never played so many games in such little days in his life, let him sit for a week and let him properly rest for a possible long playoff push.

This coming from a huge Romanov fan

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Habs won the game

Probably do him some good, he’s never played so many games in such little days in his life, let him sit for a week and let him properly rest for a possible long playoff push.

What do I lose exactly? I don't have any cards in play. Don't quote me ever again please. Or at least not the way you did.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What do I lose exactly? I don't have any cards in play. Don't quote me ever again please. Or at least not the way you did.
Your cards are your piss poor quotes.....you complain about roster moves after the team won, its as dumb as it gets. Your attitude will only intoxicate this forum.

Now go put me on ignore

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Your cards are your piss poor quotes.....you complain about roster moves after the team won, its as dumb as it gets. Your attitude will only intoxicate this forum.

Now go put me on ignore
What has intoxicated this forum is 10 years of MB learning on the job. I hope we never make a mistake like this one again

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Habs won the game

God forbid the guy answer a question someone asked. Save the poms poms for the next 4th rounder Bergevin acquires.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Habs won the game

Bergevin would mistake a pocket pair for a royal flush, that's how bad his track record is with this team.
You're better than this jaffy.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Habs won the game

Royal Flush lolololol Yikes.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Habs won the game

Yes the reason the Habs won was because Gustafsson played instead of Romanov.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs won the game

Yes the reason the Habs won was because Gustafsson played instead of Romanov.

While I don't agree with management's decision to sit Romanov, I do agree with the point that sitting him will probably help him, just as having any player fresher would help them. Just look at Evan's the last couple games, or our team after getting a week off from covid, or our team on back to backs. Rest is good for anyone in this condensed schedule.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
God forbid the guy answer a question someone asked. Save the poms poms for the next 4th rounder Bergevin acquires.
He didn't answer the question though, he went into a diatribe about Bergevin like 98% of all discussions go here.

Reactions: aresknights

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
He didn't answer the question though, he went into a diatribe about Bergevin like 98% of all discussions go here.
He asked why Romanov was scratched, do you think he was scratched for poor play or for cap management to insert a lesser player?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He asked why Romanov was scratched, do you think he was scratched for poor play or for cap management to insert a lesser player?

100% Cap management/preserve last call up.

Needed to choose between icing best forward corp possible (i.e. including Cole) or best score (i.e. including Romanov). They chose offense.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Posted this in the PGT also but this might be a better place for it:

I can see Romanov being a cap casualty til the end of the year.

- He's a rookie. That doesn't work well in his favour.
- Ducharme made sure to point out that Gus and Merrill played well together.
- Kulak is effectively our 7th D if need be. Dom isn't going to want what happened the other night where he had 11 F and 7 D, and having an extra forward mitigates that.

He doesn't deserve it, but that's the situation we're in.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bizarre choices made by MB once again..............why not put a guy on waivers, so this doesn't happen. We have like 6-7 guys who would clear waivers because of salary and poor play.....
Hate to see Romanov not in the lineup....he deserves better.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The kid did catch a wicked knee to the head last game and has had a very physical year. Giving him some rest is to his benefit.
People forgot that knee to the head, and i think it is a reason he sitting out a bit as well. In fact i was shocked he stayed in the game, but such neck trauma can become way worst the next day. And for the team they have no advantage putting him as injured, as they would not have been able to recall CC , but one th taxi squad they were. So lets call it an taxi squad injured list.
People have to stop going crazy about every move, not good for the health.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
People forgot that knee to the head, and i think it is a reason he sitting out a bit as well. In fact i was shocked he stayed in the game, but such neck trauma can become way worst the next day. And for the team they have no advantage putting him as injured, as they would not have been able to recall CC , but one th taxi squad they were. So lets call it an taxi squad injured list.
People have to stop going crazy about every move, not good for the health.

MB bungled the cap and call-up situation to the point it would be like letting a 12 year old who's only experience is playing EA NHL franchise on the easiest setting take control of the franchise.

It's unforgivable who he managed so many unforced errors which has led to a situation where Evans, Caufield and Romanov can't co-exist in the line-up at the same time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He was scratched cause he was scratched.

Players gets scratched every game man.

He might get scratched again next game, or it might be Lehkonen or Byron.

We're talking about players on the periphery of the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad