Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Coach's like CJ seem to have issues with players, who have talent.....not sure why this would be, but hard to dispute.
You can look at Marchand and Pasta's numbers with CJ at the helm, and Cassidy at the helm.

It might be time for CJ to join Babs on the sidelines.
Your evidence is very weak. Pasta was 19 and had 44 points in 48 games when Julien was fired. Pasta's increase in numbers since then is the result of the maturation of a natural talent and has little or nothing to do with the difference between Julien and Cassidy as coaches. Marchand was on his way to an 85 point season when Julien was fired and has been a direct beneficiary of Pasta's maturation as a player since then.

It's absurd to claim that Julien has issues with players who have talent and even more absurd to state that it's hard to dispute. Julien has issues with uncoachable players that refuse or can't learn how to play away from the puck. Guys like Galchenyuk.

I recall a video from the 2018 development camp wherein Joel Bouchard told the prospects that they need to learn how to play away from the puck, to always keep moving their feet, and to never give up on a play. He told them that if they can't learn this, Julien wouldn't play them, unless they can score 50 goals.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Coach's like CJ seem to have issues with players, who have talent.....not sure why this would be, but hard to dispute.
You can look at Marchand and Pasta's numbers with CJ at the helm, and Cassidy at the helm.

It might be time for CJ to join Babs on the sidelines.
The fact any coach has problem playing a player because they’re talented is insane. What coach doesn’t want a lineup of talented players? Problems arise when skilled players think they can coast in that skill and not do the other things needed to win. I remember Kessel in Toronto outright refusing to do a break our drill in practice. Talented players are the ones most often not back checking, shadowing their man or playing hard off the puck. That’s what all coaches hate, not just Julien.

Have you even heard of a coach benching a hardworking star players like Crosby, McDavid, Eichel, Barkov etc.? No. But how many high skilled players are no longer in the NHL because they don’t compete hard enough?

Compete hard, do what you’re supposed to and ever coach will love you regardless or your talent level.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
This is the 3HL tournament. It's 3х3. He's alongside Denisenko, Der-Arguchintsev, Gromov, Kochetkov, Likhachev and Stalnov.

upload_2020-7-4_18-12-52.png

upload_2020-7-4_18-13-10.png

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Screenshot_20200705-134026_Instagram.jpg

Unless my Russian is off. I think it says Montreal at the bottom. Any Russian-speaking poster can translate what it writes at the bottom?

Looking online, Montreal in Russian is: Монреаль, which isn't what's written at the bottom. I thought it wrote Montreal at first.

Last edited:

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
View attachment 352548

Unless my Russian is off. I think it says Montreal at the bottom. Any Russian-speaking poster can translate what it writes at the bottom?

Looking online, Montreal in Russian is: Монреаль, which isn't what's written at the bottom. I thought it wrote Montreal at first.

My cyrillic is tourist-grade only, but that pic transliterates as M O I T R E N E R, doesn't it?

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
My cyrillic is tourist-grade only, but that pic transliterates as M O I T R E N E R, doesn't it?

Did a quick search. Went to a Russian alphabet website and found each letter. Copy-pasted it on Google and translated it.

It says "My Coach" at the bottom.

So in the end, it's not confirmation that he's on his way to Montreal. But with a hockey bag and hockey sticks, and the pictures looking like they're kissing good-bye, it leads to believe that he may very well be on his way.

Reactions: Walrus26

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
«У Романова в первую очередь будет конкуренция с самим собой». Кравчук о новичке «Монреаля»

Igor Kravchuk (1/3): ''I think Romanov understands that it'll be necessary to add not only muscular mass in his body, but also in the speed of thinking. However, this only comes with practice. His readiness was manifested during official games (especially during the playoffs).''

Igor Kravchuk (2/3): ''Looseness and speed of thinking is taken seriousy in the NHL. And you need to play regularly, at least 14-15 minutes. Given the age of Romanov it's too early to say that he'll immediately receive so much ice time.''

Igor Kravchuk (3/3): ''It’s difficult to assess with whom the Canadiens coaches can put Romanov in a pair and with whom Alexander is able to win the competition for playing time here and now. First of all, he'll compete with himself for daily progress and by proving them in training that he deserves a place in their roster.''

Reactions: TesseractPrice

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yes that's what it says, no idea what it means though

I took a crack at it:

Did a quick search. Went to a Russian alphabet website and found each letter. Copy-pasted it on Google and translated it.

It says "My Coach" at the bottom.

So in the end, it's not confirmation that he's on his way to Montreal. But with a hockey bag and hockey sticks, and the pictures looking like they're kissing good-bye, it leads to believe that he may very well be on his way.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
View attachment 352548

I think in Latin it's something like "moi trener", which I'd assume means "my love." Just a guess.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why would he go to Montreal ? I was under the impression he is not eligible to play.

Yea. If you read the following posts, I admit that it may not be the case. But it does look like Romanov, with a hockey bag and hockey sticks, and kissing his fiancée, it looks like he's on his way somewhere.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
How about, it just shows that they are in love; the looking up at her man with puppy eyes and the kiss from him?

Talk about reading heavily into something. He has a hockey bag, not packed luggage for an intercontinental trip, FFS!

She's kissing him to send him off to the rink to practice, like a devoted hockey wife to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad