DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-5-28_17-17-34.png

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
he's too young unless we went on a run that wouldn't be an issue. Also it's not official yet, the league is still looking into the situation.

Are you sure? He turned 20 in his signing year if he plays this season. Early Jan birth date like Poehling.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know that some player burn a year with regular season games but do playoff games usually count...

Games played vs age of when he was signed. If he plays this year, he is 20 in his signing year so I do believe he burns a year (like Poehling). Not 100% sure though. Makar burned a year last year and didn't play one regular season game.

I do believe Romanov would burn a year cause he turned 20 in Jan... if he plays this year. It would be very similar to Poehling actually and both have Jan birth dates where they turned 20 in their "signing year". NHL Season vs Calender year. Never understood why the CBA is written that way

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Games played vs age of when he was signed. If he plays this year, he is 20 in his signing year so I do believe he burns a year (like Poehling). Not 100% sure though. Makar burned a year last year and didn't play one regular season game.

I do believe Romanov would burn a year cause he turned 20 in Jan... if he plays this year
Yes, I didn’t look it up but I’m pretty sure that if you sign at 20yo playing 1 games burn a year of ELC if you are 18or 19 you need to player more than 9 games.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Go back to the first few pages when he was drafted.. very few people being reasonable

I'll admit... when I heard the pick, I was like who? I spend a lot of time looking at potential 2nd round picks and he was on almost nobodies radar. Thanks to that Euro combine cause Romanov was there right?

Classic case of take your guy early before someone else does. Waiting for the 3rd round might have been a huge mistake

Reactions: domiwroze

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll admit... when I heard the pick, I was like who? I spend a lot of time looking at potential 2nd round picks and he was on almost nobodies radar. Thanks to that Euro combine cause Romanov was there right?

Classic case of take your guy early before someone else does. Waiting for the 3rd round might have been a huge mistake

I loved what I saw from him, didn't have him that high in the 2nd round but if you like a guy, you take him and it's turning out well so far.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Burning a year might be for the best. He'll really only have 2 years to put up numbers and pending if he pans out or not, his next deal could come in less than expected.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Burning a year might be for the best. He'll really only have 2 years to put up numbers and pending if he pans out or not, his next deal could come in less than expected.

What you do is:
Make Romanov prove himself.
Get pissed when he does.
Refuse to fairly compensate him for taking a bridge deal.
Make the owner step in and sign him to a long term deal.
Trade him for someone else because you're still mad he wouldn't take a lesser deal, after taking less in the first place to prove himself, then proving himself.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I couldn't care less if we burn a year of his ELC to be honest. If he can't play in this summer's play-in/playoffs, he won't play until the training camps start in what, November? He played his last game on March 8. That's like 8 months without playing. That's not good for his development and that'S far more important to me than burning a year of his ELC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad