Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I agree. Norlinger is 20. Has played in a 2nd league in Sweden. He will probably play in the SHL next year.
He has at least one or two years before the NHL (probably 2 or 3).
Not probable, it's confirmed... He signed a deal earlier this season that he would play for modo if they made it to the shl or play for frölunda if they didn't make it, he was gonna play in the shl this year no matter what

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I haven't really followed the thread and there might be more to it than meet the eye, but come on... how can anyone possibly think it's a good idea to throw Romanov who hasn't had a single minute of NHL experience into the playoffs series. I mean is he that good? Are we talking Habs having a generational talent here? Is Cale Fleury not a better option? Noah Juulsen? What am I missing?

They would get a good feel in practice at what he can and can't do... before they "throw" him into anything. And he is a LD so he would be battling Kulak and Mete for a spot. Not Fleury or Juulsen. Actually, I like the idea of Juulsen with Romanov... if Romanov is allowed to play

Mete / Weber: Against physical teams, I have Chiarot in that spot. Against the fast skating Pens? I would try Mete.

Chiarot / Petry: A very solid pairing

Romanov / Juulsen: Young yes. But both have had a taste of playing pro and both are reliable in their own end.

But if we want to lose? Play Kulak, Folin, and Ouellet :laugh:

Reactions: kevsavard95

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've never looked into the rules but why can teams like the Avs sign Makar late and have him play in the playoffs immediately but Romanov can't for the Habs. Is it because Romanov played in a pro league in Europe and Makar came from a North American college?

I don't get what the issue is here for the NHL so some clarification from someone would be appreciated.

Makar and others could do it because any player that signs their ELC can join their team for the playoffs just that for whatever reason the NHL just opted to not allow it this year. They really don't seem to have a leg to stand on, which is why I thought they would back down once the NHLPA pushed back as it just seems like a silly thing to dig in over, when it's something that's been allowed but this year they just decided it's not.

Reactions: sheed36

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I haven't really followed the thread and there might be more to it than meet the eye, but come on... how can anyone possibly think it's a good idea to throw Romanov who hasn't had a single minute of NHL experience into the playoffs series. I mean is he that good? Are we talking Habs having a generational talent here? Is Cale Fleury not a better option? Noah Juulsen? What am I missing?

The short answer? Swag. lol
The bit longer answer is the players you mentioned are RD, and we need a LD, Mete is still hurt, and Norlinder is in europe for the time being
Why NOT try the kid ? ...We tried Mete at 19 years old for crissakes lol

Also , again, We threw PK Subban RIGHT into a humongous playoff series in 2010 .. do we consider him some kind of generational talent..?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah but Weber is signed til 41 :P so no matter

Signed till 40. 3 more years with a decent salary and then 3 years at $1M from age 38, 39, 40.

When Weber is 37... I see nothing wrong with how this is shaping up. It's actually a great mix of vets and youth. Problem today is there is a gap and they are not ready to take impact roles. This is why we are struggling

- Lafreniere is 21 :naughty:
- Struble is 21
- Caufield is 22
- Norlinder is 22
- Kotkaniemi is 22
- Harris is 22
- Brook is 23
- Suzuki is 23
- Romanov is 23
- Primeau is 23
- Ylonen is 23
- Poehling is 24
- Fleury is 24
- Mete is 24
- Juulsen is 25
- Evans is 26
- Domi is 27
- Drouin is 27
- Danault is 29
- Armia is 29
- Gallagher is 30
- Tatar is 31
- Petry is 34
- Price is 35

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I honestly don't even remember what Juulsen's play was like. But I do like Fleury. I thought it was a stud and was nailing anyone coming across the blue line.

Juulsen is a steady eddy in his own end. Fleury has a better game when you factor in offensive potential but Juulsen is a shut down type. Remember when Weber was hurt to start the season and Juulsen was with Reilly? He made Reilly look good. Think about that. The kid has always been a trusted option on D for every single coach he has played with.

Juulsen (Another Injured season)
- (+6) in 13 AHL games
- 3 points

Fleury
- (-5) in 14 games
- 5 pts and 2 goals

Both are very solid young guys on D with fringe top 4D potential. I think Juulsen and Romanov would be dynamic and it would allow Romanov to be a bit more offensive cause he can rely on Juulsen's defensive first game. In a bottom pairing role, they would have less pressure and can develop properly. Exactly how Tampa managed Sergachev

- In Juulsen's age 21 season he had 3 pts and 1 goal with a +1 rating in 23 games. That's when his development got derailed with those pucks to his face

- In Fleury's age 21 season this past year, he had 1 beauty of a goal in 41 games with a -4 rating.

I consider these two neck and neck in terms of value

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Signed till 40. 3 more years with a decent salary and then 3 years at $1M from age 38, 39, 40.

When Weber is 37... I see nothing wrong with how this is shaping up. It's actually a great mix of vets and youth. Problem today is there is a gap and they are not ready to take impact roles. This is why we are struggling

- Struble is 21
- Caufield is 22
- Norlinder is 22
- Kotkaniemi is 22
- Harris is 22
- Brook is 23
- Suzuki is 23
- Romanov is 23
- Primeau is 23
- Ylonen is 23
- Poehling is 24
- Fleury is 24
- Mete is 24
- Juulsen is 25
- Evans is 26
- Domi is 27
- Drouin is 27
- Danault is 29
- Armia is 29
- Gallagher is 30
- Tatar is 31
- Petry is 34
- Price is 35

I find it interesting people think Shea Weber no matter what will be forced to play #1 RD until he is 40..

There are 2 other pairings we can easily place him on , as the years go by lol..

Hell, Subban was my favourite... and even he's not #1 Pairing anymore at 31 amazingly

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Juulsen is more boring than Fleury but don't underestimate him. If he can get to 100% healthy and can play, this kid has value to us.

Keep your head up with Weber, Juulsen, Fleury, Romanov, Chiarot!

Huge competition between Juulsen and Fleury to come. Romanov to me is a lock and Mete and Kulak need to give themselves a kick in the ass to raise their games. Competition on D ice time is about to get tougher as each season passes.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

- Struble is 21
- Caufield is 22
- Norlinder is 22
- Kotkaniemi is 22
- Harris is 22
- Brook is 23
- Suzuki is 23
- Romanov is 23
- Primeau is 23
- Ylonen is 23
- Poehling is 24
- Fleury is 24
- Mete is 24
- Juulsen is 25
- Evans is 26
- Domi is 27
- Drouin is 27
- Danault is 29
- Armia is 29
- Gallagher is 30
- Tatar is 31
- Petry is 34
- Price is 35
Habs will submit an application to the united smurf hockey league

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wonder if they'll allow them to be around the team and practice, just not be eligible to play. I'd like for Romanov to get acqunainted with the team, if the environment is safe.

I just didn't want him to play, going to Alzner is a better hope to lose.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wonder if they'll allow them to be around the team and practice, just not be eligible to play. I'd like for Romanov to get acqunainted with the team, if the environment is safe.

I just didn't want him to play, going to Alzner is a better hope to lose.
That would be okay, being around the team and sitting under the learning tree for a bit is still good experience for him. I'd be happy with that, we're not in this to win anyway.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad