Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
How about, it just shows that they are in love; the looking up at her man with puppy eyes and the kiss from him?

Talk about reading heavily into something. He has a hockey bag, not packed luggage for an intercontinental trip, FFS!

She's kissing him to send him off to the rink to practice, like a devoted hockey wife to be.

What's the line from Alison Pill in the original "Goon"? "I dig hockey players....the alcohol, the violence......" something like that?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
28 would look pretty good on him, I could see it.

It seems to be the number that is taken almost right away after someone is traded away.

Beaulieu had it for a few years. He gets traded to Buffalo.

That off-season, Montreal signs Jerabek and he takes #28.

Jerabek is traded to Washingto. Days later, Montreal acquires Reilly, he takes #28.

Mike Reilly is traded to Ottawa last year. That same day, Montreal acquires Scandella. He takes #28.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So it means MTL gets screwed as he gets credit for the year on his ELC but they won't get to use him until whenever the hell next season starts.

He hasn't officially signed. He has agreed to terms. But no contract is official yet. Nothing has been filed to NHL's Central Registry.

If they sign him for 2019-20, they will burn a year off his ELC. If they sign him officially for 2020-21, they don't burn a year and his 3 years will start next season.

Remains to be seen what Montreal decides what to do.

What I'm curious is that if he is signed for this year and burn a year off his ELC, can he still join the team to the hub city and at least practice with them? To familiarize himself with his teammates, the staff, and management. Even if he can't play. And if yes, would Montreal prefer to have him count as 1 of the 31 players they are allowed to bring with them?

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That’s a really weird twist. It’s not like any of the teams didn’t have the rights to the players prior to the season.

If they can sign and burn a year off, why wouldn’t they play? I don’t see it at all.

This decision never made sense to begin with. Literally every other year, teams can sign their prospects after their seasons are over and they are allowed to join the team to finish the season and playoffs.

Last year, Columbus signed Gavrikov as soon as his KHL season was over. They signed him between Game 2 and Game 3 of their opening round series against Tampa. Gavrikov was in the line-up for Game 3.

So why teams can't do that this year is puzzling to me.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Yea. If you read the following posts, I admit that it may not be the case. But it does look like Romanov, with a hockey bag and hockey sticks, and kissing his fiancée, it looks like he's on his way somewhere.

Yup I had read them,thought something has changed regarding his status with all the rampant speculation and prognosis that are never ending,my bad!:oops:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This decision never made sense to begin with. Literally every other year, teams can sign their prospects after their seasons are over and they are allowed to join the team to finish the season and playoffs.

Last year, Columbus signed Gavrikov as soon as his KHL season was over. They signed him between Game 2 and Game 3 of their opening round series against Tampa. Gavrikov was in the line-up for Game 3.

So why teams can't do that this year is puzzling to me.

Good Karma leading up to when we get Lafreniere.

- Draft is canceled in Montreal due to Covid-19
- Habs make the play in round to help recoup loss revenue when we had no chance prior too
- Teams 8-15 win the draft lottery
- Domi has diabetes and probably can't play the "play in round"
- Romanov not allowed to play but we end up burning a ELC year
- Habs have not had a #1 OA pick in decades and we get a Quebec born Star

Stars a aligning up for us :sarcasm:

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Le CH aura 53 heures pour s'entendre avec le clan Romanov
“Lundi soir, Elliotte Friedman a révélé que les équipes auraient une fenêtre de 53 heures pour s’entendre avec leurs jeunes joueurs pour faire démarrer un contrat-recrue. La période de signature débutera à midi, le troisième jour après l’approbation de la convention collective et se terminera à 17h, deux jours plus tard. Alexander Romanov et les autres joueurs dans sa situation ne pourront obtenir de bonus pour 2019-2020. Les bonus pour la campagne 2020-2021 ne pourront être signés avant le 1er novembre.”

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Romanov's camp is still waiting on more details from the NHL's decision before commenting. They don't know if he'll be able to practice with the team. All they know if he can sign and burn a year off his ELC.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Saw some highlights from the 3 on 3 tournament that he's in right now. Looks great

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Looks like Romanov won't be allowed to play the year after all. Montreal will be allowed tossing him though just to burn an ELC year even if he doesn't play.

Looks like they might because I don't think Romanov was coming over to North America without being able to burn one of those ELC years off his contract.

Decision from the NHL is bogus, especially since players in Romanov's position in the past have been allowed to play to end the season after signing their contracts.

I hate that we burn a year, don't get to let the kid see where he stands against this league and learn what he needs to work on. The huge period without playing for Romanov also won't be that good at all for his development and progression.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Looks like Romanov won't be allowed to play the year after all. Montreal will be allowed tossing him though just to burn an ELC year even if he doesn't play.

Looks like they might because I don't think Romanov was coming over to North America without being able to burn one of those ELC years off his contract.

Decision from the NHL is bogus, especially since players in Romanov's position in the past have been allowed to play to end the season after signing their contracts.

I hate that we burn a year, don't get to let the kid see where he stands against this league and learn what he needs to work on. The huge period without playing for Romanov also won't be that good at all for his development and progression.

I get your point but I don’t want Romanov stepping in and having a rookie Subban type of impact against the Pens in the playoffs. That Top 4 LD spot is the biggest hole on the team, and if he steps up right away, you just never know what could happen. I’d rather go down in a great blaze of fire in the Kulak ship.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Ranked #48 on the top 50 drafted NHL prospects ranking (2020 edition) by The Athletic:
Wheeler: It's no secret that I'm considerably lower on Romanov than many in the hockey world. But his late-season play gave me reason enough to have him leapfrog Jordan Harris as my No.2-ranked Canadiens prospect. I think it's important the Canadiens and their fans temper their expectations with Romanov, though. He's going to be a sound defender, given his decision-making, his skating, and his physicality for his size. He's going to kickstart a lot of rushes by rotating off of pressure to headman the puck. He can walk the line and distribute. But he's not likely going to run a top power play or be a high-end producer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad