Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hey guys...look what I got.

This is the list of all the players who won the best defenseman at the World Junior since 2005.

2005- Dion Phaneuf
06- Marc Staal
07- Erik Johnson
08- Drew Doughty
09- Erik Karlsson

2010- Alex Pietrangelo
11- Ryan Ellis
12- Brandon Gormley
13- Jacob Trouba
14- Risto Ristolainen
15- Gavrikov
16- Zack Werenski
17- Thomas Chabot
18- Rasmus Dahlin

19- Alexander Romanov

20- Rasmus Sandin (Leafs) Romanov was the runner up.

As you can see...not a bunch of no name.
With the exception of Gormley and Gavrikov...all those guys has a very good career in the NHL.

Also, on all those 16 players.....only 5 of them had only 18 years old at the moment of the tournament..

Romanov is one of those 5

Dahlin was the youngest at 17...

This year at 19 years old..it was really a toss up between Romanov and Sandin. I watched all their games and it was a flip coin.

We have a hell of a player with us who has all the qualities to have a good career:

Grit, Speed, Mobility, vision, gap, intensity, charisma.
Thanks for the homework:)

Reactions: crosbyshow

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Hey guys...look what I got.

This is the list of all the players who won the best defenseman at the World Junior since 2005.

2005- Dion Phaneuf
06- Marc Staal
07- Erik Johnson
08- Drew Doughty
09- Erik Karlsson

2010- Alex Pietrangelo
11- Ryan Ellis
12- Brandon Gormley
13- Jacob Trouba
14- Risto Ristolainen
15- Gavrikov
16- Zack Werenski
17- Thomas Chabot
18- Rasmus Dahlin

19- Alexander Romanov

20- Rasmus Sandin (Leafs) Romanov was the runner up.

As you can see...not a bunch of no name.
With the exception of Gormley and Gavrikov...all those guys has a very good career in the NHL.

Also, on all those 16 players.....only 5 of them had only 18 years old at the moment of the tournament..

Romanov is one of those 5

Dahlin was the youngest at 17...

This year at 19 years old..it was really a toss up between Romanov and Sandin. I watched all their games and it was a flip coin.

We have a hell of a player with us who has all the qualities to have a good career:

Grit, Speed, Mobility, vision, gap, intensity, charisma.
This is very good especially considering he could've easily won it back to back. Are there any players on that list who won it back to back?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I don't think there's any other way of going forward with any sort of a season at this point. With guys not being able to travel from Canada to the US and vice versa, different restrictions depending on the places, etc. It's going to be a short, 100% bubble season or nothing at all I'd guess.
Nice old school VG avy

Loved that cover as a kid

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Nice old school VG avy

Loved that cover as a kid

Me too ! That used to be a big part of the fun of going to the store back then, just looking at the various cover arts. A lot of the time it didn't even have that much to do with the actual game itself but it sure made my imagination run :laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This is very good especially considering he could've easily won it back to back. Are there any players on that list who won it back to back?

I once looked it up on wikipedia. I think there were only 5 dmen that were all tournament team twice, aside from Romanov. One was a no-namer, Risto Siltanen, who played 8 season in the NHL though. One is Rasmus Dahlin. Three were NHL stars: Slava Fetisov, Dion Phaneuf, and Kenny Johnsson.

List of IIHF World Under 20 Championship Media All-Star Teams - Wikipedia

How about that 1978 World Juniors all star team:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad