Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yes, the World Juniors should be fun for us to watch over the next few years. I expect a lot of our prospects to be there.

This year: Romanov, Caufield, Norlinder, and hopefully a few of Harris, Struble, Fairbrother, Pitlick, Olofsson, Hillis, Fonstad, and McShane.

I don't see Fairbrother, HIllis or McShane anywhere near the WJC.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I think there are now international rules against signing in one league, not honoring it and bolting for another.

You have to retire from the NHL in order to sign overseas. Retirement means you can't come back for I think 2 years.

Ahhhh ok make sense. Hopefully for the Habs that's not gonna be a factor... or that's gonna be a loooong season for Romanov.

He's still training with the big club and all though right? And is there a lot of 19 years old in the KHL at all? If he deserves more minutes that is pretty encouraging!

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Treating your players like this is disastrous for the word-to-mouth reputation of your league among professional players. That's why the russian league is not taken seriously.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Wow!

Just saw Bergevin on L'antichambre.

He said he thinks his russian team is intentionally cutting his ice time as a pressure tactic to get him to extend with them. He thinks they're telling him - sign an extension or we're going to limit your ice time and healthy scratch you. But MB thinks Romanov won't budge and will be here next season. He called him a good kid from a good family.

@ the 18:46 mark
https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/ln...arc-bergevin-dans-l-antichambre-lnh-3.1338594

He had 15:23 TOI vs Spartak, 4th biggest amongst CSKA defenders, and 24 shifts, 3rd biggest amongst D.

Reactions: Acadien86

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
If you look at those in front of him maybe it is so, I mean Nesterov lol, we've seen him here. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass though, haven't seen any games so its just based on my memories of Nesterov ahhah!

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
I was watching that Anti-Chambre interview, why is Gaston Therrien saying that Romanov isn't playing? He played all the games this year and only had 3 games with less of 12 minutes of ice-time.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Most game his TOI is below 12 minutes. IDK if it's the coach putting pressure on him or just not trusting young guys.
He only had 3 games out of 12 this season with less than 12 minutes TOI. I don't know why you're saying MOST GAME.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Regardless of his TOI,was expecting to see a bot more points from him,kind of discouraging to read and see this.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wow!

Just saw Bergevin on L'antichambre.

He said he thinks his russian team is intentionally cutting his ice time as a pressure tactic to get him to extend with them. He thinks they're telling him - sign an extension or we're going to limit your ice time and healthy scratch you. But MB thinks Romanov won't budge and will be here next season. He called him a good kid from a good family.

@ the 18:46 mark
https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/ln...arc-bergevin-dans-l-antichambre-lnh-3.1338594

I've thought that too, I could of sworn i posted that after the first few games of the season where he played 6 and 8 mins. But Kaprizov is in the same boat and they aren't cutting his ice time.

Who knows what's going on, as long as he doesn't re-sign with CSKA then we know he'll be over here next summer.

If you look at those in front of him maybe it is so, I mean Nesterov lol, we've seen him here. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass though, haven't seen any games so its just based on my memories of Nesterov ahhah!

I posted this in the prospect thread yesterday,

Romanov has mostly been the 6th D or 7th when everyone is healthy. They roll with Robinson, Nesterov, Marchenko and Kiselevich as the top 4 and then Dahlbeck as the stay at home 5th.

Here's their # of games this season and average TOI in order,

Nesterov - 11 games, 20:56
Robinson - 10, 19:34
Marchenko - 12, 19:14
Kiselevich - 12, 18:55
Dahlbeck- 11, 15:22
Naumenkov - 5, 14:37
Blazhiyevsky - 5, 12:48
Romanov - 12, 12:39
Chmykhov - 6, 11:46

Naumenkov is the only one without a point now that Romanov got on the board.​

Last edited:

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
I would add Dichow to the 75% chance although it could be 50% as I don't know Denmark's team other then he was at their summer camp for the U-20's, although they won't be at the WJC's since they are in Div I this year.

I've thought that too, I could of sworn i posted that after the first few games of the season where he played 6 and 8 mins. But Kaprizov is in the same boat and they aren't cutting his ice time.

Who knows what's going on, as long as he doesn't re-sign with CSKA then we know he'll be over here next summer.

I posted this in the prospect thread yesterday,

Romanov has mostly been the 6th D or 7th when everyone is healthy. They roll with Robinson, Nesterov, Marchenko and Kiselevich as the top 4 and then Dahlbeck as the stay at home 5th.

Here's their # of games this season and average TOI in order,

Nesterov - 11 games, 20:56
Robinson - 10, 19:34
Marchenko - 12, 19:14
Kiselevich - 12, 18:55
Dahlbeck- 11, 15:22
Naumenkov - 5, 14:37
Blazhiyevsky - 5, 12:48
Romanov - 12, 12:39
Chmykhov - 6, 11:46

Naumenkov is the only one without a point now that Romanov got on the board.​
Kaprizov is also the point leader in the KHL compared to Romanov who is barely bringing any offense.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kaprizov is also the point leader in the KHL compared to Romanov who is barely bringing any offense.

yes I'm aware, I've watched most of their games this year, their top 3 scorers are all without a contract at the end of the season. Romanov being just 19 and not a D that's going to put up any kind of numbers is clearly in a different boat. But CSKA I'm sure is doing everything they can to keep Kaprizov and Romanov cause they don't get anything if they leave.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He only had 3 games out of 12 this season with less than 12 minutes TOI. I don't know why you're saying MOST GAME.

Sorry, 13 minutes. The point is he's not even playing 3rd pair minutes most of the time and he could definitely do.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
What would you change in my ratings of Romanov on NHL 20? Ain't seen much of him so I went by what's written on here and scouting reports.

Created him as a : ''Well rounded 2-way defensman. Delivers good hits, strong despite his size. Sound defensively. Needs polishing in offensive aspect of the game. Very high chance of making it in the NHL.

Overall : 74 / Potential : TOP 4 HIGH

jbgo1CL.jpg

Rosters and Ratings: - NHL 20 Created Prospects Thread

I made him so OP in my game , 90 overall , go big or go home :sarcasm:.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
yes I'm aware, I've watched most of their games this year, their top 3 scorers are all without a contract at the end of the season. Romanov being just 19 and not a D that's going to put up any kind of numbers is clearly in a different boat. But CSKA I'm sure is doing everything they can to keep Kaprizov and Romanov cause they don't get anything if they leave.

Does Romanov have any offensive potential in the NHL? Like a Souray-type PP pointman or something, on top of being good defensively (unlike Souray)?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Accurate or not, I doubt Bergevin stating this is helpful.

I mean what leverage do we or the NHL have ? 0. I dont think they care what we say or rhink, its not going to make them change. They might be upset about their business being leaked out and punish Romanov though.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Does Romanov have any offensive potential in the NHL? Like a Souray-type PP pointman or something, on top of being good defensively (unlike Souray)?

He will put up his share of points in the NHL, but he won't be a Souray like PP point man. He doesn't have the shot. However, dmen tend to pick up even strength points if they're excellent in transition, and Romanov is just that. He also has a good wrist shot and the ability to open lanes for himself. But his value to this franchise is as a true two-way defenseman: punishing and stifling on defence, and excellent in transition.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Regardless of his TOI,was expecting to see a bot more points from him,kind of discouraging to read and see this.
Why? He's a 19 year old dman playing in Russia where teenagers are barely used, points really don't matter here imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad