Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
MB has said he wants to bring him over next summer, and the fact that he flew all the way over here just to skate around by himself with some coaches shows a lot. But this is a business and money talks, the Habs can only offer him so much, CSKA is loaded and they could be losing some of their best players so I would think they will at least try to make a big offer to keep him. Hopefully he cares more about the NHL then money, which I could see being the case in speculating just from things i've read.

I think he'll be a Hab next year but it's at least a concern as CSKA has the deep pockets and the need, we'll see what happens.
Like to see him come over and learn from Weber as soon as possible. I think his career will take big step ahead if so. Ever since the WJC, Romanov been a key prospect to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs and dralaf

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He would already be here if that’s what he wanted... Kid is smart as hell IMO!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just heard that the Wild GM said he expects Kaprizov to come over next summer. He's in the same boat as Romanov as CSKA has also tried to re-sign him but so far he hasn't. CSKA could be in big trouble after this season if they lose Kaprizov, Grigorenko and Romanov. Not that Romanov is a big part of the team but the other 2 are their top scorers. I also wonder if Okulov continues to play well would the Habs try again to sign him as his contract is also up at the end of the season and they tried to sign him this past summer before he opted to return for 1 year. It would make sense as he's 3rd on the team in scoring, and would likely help Romanov to have a teammate at camp and on the team if he were to make the Habs.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Just heard that the Wild GM said he expects Kaprizov to come over next summer. He's in the same boat as Romanov as CSKA has also tried to re-sign him but so far he hasn't. CSKA could be in big trouble after this season if they lose Kaprizov, Grigorenko and Romanov. Not that Romanov is a big part of the team but the other 2 are their top scorers. I also wonder if Okulov continues to play well would the Habs try again to sign him as his contract is also up at the end of the season and they tried to sign him this past summer before he opted to return for 1 year. It would make sense as he's 3rd on the team in scoring, and would likely help Romanov to have a teammate at camp and on the team if he were to make the Habs.

Source please? I haven't seen this anywhere? It would be interesting though...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He is still under contract in the KHL. He would have had to buy out his own contract to sign here this year.

he would have to have bought out his contract in his draft year as well, since it takes a year to get out of your contract unless the team opts to release you.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
What would you change in my ratings of Romanov on NHL 20? Ain't seen much of him so I went by what's written on here and scouting reports.

Created him as a : ''Well rounded 2-way defensman. Delivers good hits, strong despite his size. Sound defensively. Needs polishing in offensive aspect of the game. Very high chance of making it in the NHL.

Overall : 74 / Potential : TOP 4 HIGH

jbgo1CL.jpg

Rosters and Ratings: - NHL 20 Created Prospects Thread

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing it

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
What would you change in my ratings of Romanov on NHL 20? Ain't seen much of him so I went by what's written on here and scouting reports.

Created him as a : ''Well rounded 2-way defensman. Delivers good hits, strong despite his size. Sound defensively. Needs polishing in offensive aspect of the game. Very high chance of making it in the NHL.

Overall : 74 / Potential : TOP 4 HIGH

jbgo1CL.jpg

Rosters and Ratings: - NHL 20 Created Prospects Thread

overall and potential both a tad high imo

i am going with 70 ovr top 4 medium but its a good base im gonna use it

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Romanov had another assist later in the game. He had two in today's game.

he would have to have bought out his contract in his draft year as well, since it takes a year to get out of your contract unless the team opts to release you.
i'm sure they are through their Russian scout.
My fear is Romanov stays in Russia “ala”Alexei Emelin. I think AE was 25 when he finally came over.

If I remember correctly Romanov is signed through this year and can come to camp next September. Can someone tell me....IF Romanov is out of the playoffs next spring, could he be signed & join the Habs for next years stretch run? Wishful thinking I know, cheers.

Wow!

Just saw Bergevin on L'antichambre.

He said he thinks his russian team is intentionally cutting his ice time as a pressure tactic to get him to extend with them. He thinks they're telling him - sign an extension or we're going to limit your ice time and healthy scratch you. But MB thinks Romanov won't budge and will be here next season. He called him a good kid from a good family.

@ the 18:46 mark
https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/ln...arc-bergevin-dans-l-antichambre-lnh-3.1338594

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Wow!

He said he thinks his russian team is intentionally cutting his ice time as a pressure tactic to get him to extend with them. He thinks they're telling him - sign an extension or we're going to limit your ice time and healthy scratch you. But MB thinks Romanov won't budge and will be here next season. He called him a good kid from a good family.

https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/ln...arc-bergevin-dans-l-antichambre-lnh-3.1338594

Always things like this that we don't usually hear about. Sucks for Romanov but he should be back at WJC right? Should at least give him more time to shine before he comes here.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Always things like this that we don't usually hear about. Sucks for Romanov but he should be back at WJC right? Should at least give him more time to shine before he comes here.

Should be - but even there there will be politics...

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Wow!

I'm not sure about the politics in Russia but its not uncommon for players to not honour their contracts in the NHL. Would Romanov fear for his safety if he signed and then did not honour his contract?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not sure about the politics in Russia but its not uncommon for players to not honour their contracts in the NHL. Would Romanov fear for his safety if he signed and then did not honour his contract?

I think there are now international rules against signing in one league, not honoring it and bolting for another.

You have to retire from the NHL in order to sign overseas. Retirement means you can't come back for I think 2 years.

Reactions: abo9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad