Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Only thing that worries me is his skating

But looks above average

Really? His skating's fantastic. Best skater among our young D that isn't Mete imo.

I wish he had a more varied offensive tool kit. Still think his game can translate well. Simple but his big shot and knack for finding shooting lanes can be a nice weapon back there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kind of yes

But its not the first time i seen ppl questioning his skating. I guess his vision isnt on markovs level
Though

Markov's vision was his biggest quality. Romanov's is skating. And he's still a very smart player. He was one of Russia's best players at the CAN/RUS Series and in two games this WJC, he is probably their best player.

Scootz Mcgootz

Dec 29, 2018
Only thing that worries me is his skating

But looks above average
Buddy, long time lurker, first time poster. No offense but generally I’ve noticed your assessments really off, in most aspects. Of course you can continue to do you, but I guess I’m kind of wondering if you’re a troll/comedian or if I’m right in not taking your take on things hockey related seriously.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Buddy, long time lurker, first time poster. No offense but generally I’ve noticed your assessments really off, in most aspects. Of course you can continue to do you, but I guess I’m kind of wondering if you’re a troll/comedian or if I’m right in not taking your take on things hockey related seriously.

I only watched his highlights.

You are right, I dont watch much besides habs games. It’s because im reading from some posters here that his skating might need improvement

Dont fool a guy that is reading only then?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I only watched his highlights.

You are right, I dont watch much besides habs games. It’s because im reading from some posters here that his skating might need improvement

Dont fool a guy that is reading only then?
There are hordes of mindless arm chair scouts here......most of whom couldn't separate a good skater from a one legged man pegging it down the ice on a toilet plunger. Romanov is a superb skater, there is no discussion to be had.

Apr 28, 2010
So he's basically a better/upgraded version of Emelin. I've only seen 2 periods of him by the way.

As long as he doesn't turn into a turnover machine, then I'm good with him regardless of his skating.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The comparisons to Emelin are so outrageous. The only thing they have in common is the language they speak

Worst thing Timmons cold have said was the word Emelin after he drafted Romanov. All he said was that he could HIT like Emelin. He didn’t compare him to Emelin as a whole which is what everyone seems to do now.

He’s mobile, has way higher IQ, and he can generate offence, none of which is comparable to Emelin. Only comps are hitting, heavy shot, position and nationalalitu.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't know if I'm making this connection simply because they're both Russian but from my limited viewings, I see him as a more physical Slava Voynov (not making a domestic violence joke btw)

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I don't care for the Emelin comparisons because some of the hits he's delivering won't be available in the NHL or will result in odd man rushes the other way. Juulsen was getting caught taking himself out of the play earlier in the year. The rest of his game is very solid. He along with Brook will be a regular in the lineup soon.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I see a russian dman who looks to hit. That reminds me of Emelin.

I was obviously judging him after one game.

I think Timmins saw the same, when he compared him to Emelin on draft day. Everyone then lost hope in Romanov, thinking Timmins was talking about his overall game. Really, Timmins was just talking about two aspects: he's Russian and he likes to hit.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think Timmins saw the same, when he compared him to Emelin on draft day. Everyone then lost hope in Romanov, thinking Timmins was talking about his overall game. Really, Timmins was just talking about two aspects: he's Russian and he likes to hit.

Timmins once compared Pavel Valentenko in saying that he was a better Emelin. That's probalby why people lost confidence when he used the same comparison.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad