Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
more restrictive in the KHL than at a junior world cup + don't want to make any mistakes at his young age. He plays a way more defensive game in the KHL

I'd like to see him play on Laval next year, with freedom to jump into the play as he has been doing at the WJHC.

Reactions: dralaf

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
more restrictive in the KHL than at a junior world cup + don't want to make any mistakes at his young age. He plays a way more defensive game in the KHL

also plays around or less than 10 minutes in the KHL, no, all in a D-furst role?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Romanov is a great example of how points aren't necessarily indicative of development or progression.

653E1DDE-8C71-4C2F-870F-F401A9778EE0.jpeg

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Anyone have a clip of his coach yelling at him?

Guy on Tsn desk : "uhh yeah keep an eye on number 26 on russia"

I mean its safe to say the kids progression has been lightspeed since getting drafted.. makes KHL, plays as regularly as a rookie would, a teenager no less, we all hope he makes the WJC team, does, player of the game honor already, seems to be dropping jaws with each passing game

Proud of this kid, proud of the team for "reaching" on him too
He is also a college student.

Buddy, long time lurker, first time poster. No offense but generally I’ve noticed your assessments really off, in most aspects. Of course you can continue to do you, but I guess I’m kind of wondering if you’re a troll/comedian or if I’m right in not taking your take on things hockey related seriously.
Welcome aboard!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Anyone have a clip of his coach yelling at him?

I think it was after an icing call in the first period. Bragin might have been yelling at Romanov's partner moreso. Romanov had a great breakout pass after the icing so I didn't think much of it

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I wouldnt be surprised that Bragin has yelled at him. Romanov mades two uglys plays yesterday in the 1st half of the game.

- Misjudging a lob in his direction who leads to a 2 on 1
- Making a stupid pass from the offensive blue line to the other dman threw the center. That dman wasnt everything except an option. That pass was easily cut and leads to another 2 on 1.

Romanov was able to come back in both of theses plays but sincerly, he cannot do that against Team Canada tonight.

That said, many Russian dmen make too many mistakes in many areas of the game. I dont know who is the defensive coach, but that guy dont work well.

Reactions: cphabs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
They are everywhere! I knew about 3 Italians till I married one. Now? ****ing everywhere! Especially in the Penguins’ fan base.

Dude I know the feeling. I Married into the mafia I think. Had 30 Italians at my house Christmas Eve, and just 4 french Canadians. The only thing they agreed on was their hatred for Trudeau, and there wasn't enough lasagna.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Dude I know the feeling. I Married into the mafia I think. Had 30 Italians at my house Christmas Eve, and just 4 french Canadians. The only thing they agreed on was their hatred for Trudeau, and there wasn't enough lasagna.

The mafia knows they can't take their cut when everyone is already taxed into the dirt.

Reactions: Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad