Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Are people really questioning his skating ?! Romanov is as smooth as they come. Top speed is decent, but anyway from what I saw he is not the type of dman who pinches ala Mete or even Brook. But the way he slides on the blueline with ease is impressive.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We have an 18 year old Russian D playing in the KHL, who is currently destroying the WJC, that was drafted in the 2nd round.
You could not make this shit up if you tried.

Reactions: Redux91

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Are people really questioning his skating ?! Romanov is as smooth as they come. Top speed is decent, but anyway from what I saw he is not the type of dman who pinches ala Mete or even Brook. But the way he slides on the blueline with ease is impressive.
His lateral movement and IQ are “elite” for an 18 year old defenseman.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
We have an 18 year old Russian D playing in the KHL, who is currently destroying the WJC, that was drafted in the 2nd round.
You could not make this **** up if you tried.

That same kid who about 99% did the KoKo-Lady “What?!?” (myself included) collectively when they called his name at the podium.

Looking good so far.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Are you thinking there aren't any other 2nd rounders that have dominated the WJCs in past editions?

It's great to see a Hab pick do well at a tournament but it's not a be-all and end-all. Yes, one can make this shit up -- it's entirely possible in a short sample size of games and quite often a given tournament's performance is not replicated elsewhere.

I'm more interested in seeing how he's used and how much TOI he continues to garner -- it's not so long ago when he was barely getting any playing time. It's a good springboard for him and we're all hoping he'll continue taking advantage of his opportunity.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
That same kid who about 99% did the KoKo-Lady “What?!?” (myself included) collectively when they called his name at the podium.

Looking good so far.
“Good”? I told you that he reminds me of my paperboy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
“Good”? I told you that he reminds me of my paperboy.

"Paperboys" are still around? Or do you mean, "paperpeople"? :amazed:

And what papers are they delivering, most of them have shut down. They're all likely to end up as Amazon delivery people one day soon.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Are you thinking there aren't any other 2nd rounders that have dominated the WJCs in past editions?

It's great to see a Hab pick do well at a tournament but it's not a be-all and end-all. Yes, one can make this **** up -- it's entirely possible in a short sample size of games and quite often a given tournament's performance is not replicated elsewhere.

I'm more interested in seeing how he's used and how much TOI he continues to garner -- it's not so long ago when he was barely getting any playing time. It's a good springboard for him and we're all hoping he'll continue taking advantage of his opportunity.
He’s f***ing 18 LMFAO! Springboard? To what? Seriously, he is the poster boy for the tournament and everyone likes him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He’s ****ing 18 LMFAO! Springboard? To what? Seriously, he is the poster boy for the tournament and everyone likes him.

And, he's the only 18 year old at the tournament, "LMFAO"? He's only played 2 games so far, "LMFAO". Is that all it takes to be a "poster boy"?

Everyone likes him is meaningless. It's a good start but let's see where he's at by the end of it. Your "You could not make this shit up if you tried" epithet is way too early.

Reactions: DesmondDekker

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
And, he's the only 18 year old at the tournament, "LMFAO"? He's only played 2 games so far, "LMFAO". Is that all it takes to be a "poster boy"?

Everyone likes him is meaningless. It's a good start but let's see where he's at by the end of it. Your "You could not make this **** up if you tried" epithet is way too early.
Epithet? Maybe Brooks will catch up to him if he tries real hard. There is another for you to chew on.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

Everyone likes him is meaningless. It's a good start but let's see where he's at by the end of it. Your "You could not make this **** up if you tried" epithet is way too early.
And where the hell have you been? Hope all is good!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Someone got some infraction points... didn’t they. LOL

Not sure who or what you are referring to but can assure you it did not happen to me.

Romanov!!! Can't make this shit up!!! :sarcasm:

Reactions: cphabs

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It’s gonna be fun to watch the narrative change from Romanov being a reach to a faller that MB couldn’t pass on even despite being anti Russian lol

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
he loves to pinch in offensively but seems restricted by his alpha coach bragin.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
One apple, was on the ice in the last 2 minutes. Denisenko and Kostin robbed him of another assist by missing an empty netter on a 2 on 1.

Reactions: dralaf

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
One apple, was on the ice in the last 2 minutes. Denisenko and Kostin robbed him of another assist by missing an empty netter on a 2 on 1.

Watched the game too. Romanov and the Russians played pretty well, despite allowing 4 goals to Switzerland. I think Kravtsov was the best player for both teams in this game as he always seemed to have the puck and shot a lot on goal (and off target too), personally. As far as Romanov's game went, to me it was just a continuation of what he'd already showed earlier in the tournament, speed, good positioning, good physicality and efficient transition play. Right now he's just incredibly solid out there and I'm hoping he carries that good play back to the KHL after the WJC is done.

Reactions: cphabs and dralaf

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's a smooth skater and his lateral movement and agility is impressive even if he's not the speediest straightline skater, even there I feel he's underrated.

Hoping he's in Montreal for the 2020-2021 season. Spend another year in Russia then come over.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
He looks very good. Makes solid play almost every time, might have some offensive upside to his great defensive play.

Reactions: cphabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad