Prospect Info: Alexander Romanov (2018, 38th OA) - KHL, CSKA Moscow: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Haven't seen his name here yet. Maybe a more physical Voynov? I know we're all using Russian players as a comparable lol but I see a bit of Voynov in him.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
And understandably, it had to be the most hated 'cause what's Timmins record with out of left field picks? But right now, he is the one, today, that looks the best. Now....it's mostly because he is playing great. But also because the 2 guys that should shine in Suzuki and Brook don't. Concerning? Nope. Just saying how it is right now in this tournament. Whatever that means....positively or negatively.

Suzuki and Brook are doing fine but Romanov was literally the best player on the ice in that game!

And Bragin didn't even use him adequately because he's Bragin and the whole Russia 18/19 years old thing...
Markov. Maybe I'm wrong.
But more realistically, you're looking at a step below that and a bit more physical.

Markov that can skate would be a hell of a player...

Reactions: dralaf

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Easily the most intriguing pick by the Habs in the past few drafts. They went off board to take him. What has he done since? He became a regular on D for a KHL team as an 18 year old.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Jeez, im so nervous about tonight and feel we are many here in the same situation. I want so bad for him to succeed and making a McAvoy of himself. I dont realy believe in it, but what if this time, we are the ones to touch something special who literally pop up on Xmas tournament.

Reactions: Redux91

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
In terms of smarts from the back end, I really like what Brook brings to the table.
Markov’s smarts set the bar real high for any future Habs dman, but there is a reason Brook was +48 last season and that he is used on his off-side at this WJC. He thinks the game at an elite level, and he rarely puts himself in a vulnerable position despite being an offensive threat. His play in the last seconds of the game yesterday is a great example of that elite hockey sense.

I haven’t seen much of Romanov so far. Just like Brook, he is smooth as hell but I’d say he is less cerebral than Brook. If anything, Brook compares more to Markov in that department than Romanov does.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pretty sure I wasn't really with this pick in my limited knowledge but have liked what I've seen.

I think I was hoping for K'Andre Miller or Bode Wilde after they fell.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Let's not get carried away, few people have Markov's vision. He dominated against Denmark who got trashed by Canada the day prior. Let's see how he does against Schweiz and Canada. It's nice to see him provide offense though.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Let's not get carried away, few people have Markov's vision. He dominated against Denmark who got trashed by Canada the day prior. Let's see how he does against Schweiz and Canada. It's nice to see him provide offense though.

Despite the competition, he was he best player for Russia, which should account for something.

Reactions: cphabs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It does, but it's one game against a terrible opponent. I think it's premature to label him as the next Markov.

I'm not sure why people compare his playing style to markov.

Markov was fluid and cerebral. Romanov is more in your face and full of energy.

I'm not going to label him the next anything, but even in terms of playing style, markov is not the right comparison.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Guy on Tsn desk : "uhh yeah keep an eye on number 26 on russia"

I mean its safe to say the kids progression has been lightspeed since getting drafted.. makes KHL, plays as regularly as a rookie would, a teenager no less, we all hope he makes the WJC team, does, player of the game honor already, seems to be dropping jaws with each passing game

Proud of this kid, proud of the team for "reaching" on him too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad