Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
The question isn't will ovi break Gretzky's goal record. It's a matter of when. Do you think it happens in year 4 or year 5 of his contract. And do you believe he will finish his career with a higher goals per game than gretzky?

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Oh wow, if only you could bump some of those threads. A lot of people there are still posting here regularly. Just to remind them how wrong they were. Really nice stuff inside there.

Reactions: BallardEra

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It was pretty funny over the years in prospect evalutions too when there was basically year after year a prospect that was dubbed the next Ovechkin and how he could end up even better goal-scorer than Ovechkin.

Reactions: TJHKY

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It was pretty funny over the years in prospect evalutions too when there was basically year after year a prospect that was dubbed the next Ovechkin and how he could end up even better goal-scorer than Ovechkin.
people, including a surprising number of our own posters, don't understand how unique he is and how insanely fortunate we are

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
people, including a surprising number of our own posters, don't understand how unique he is and how insanely fortunate we are
Bingo. Ovi is pretty much a lock to be the best player this organization will ever have and, knock on wood, assuming all goes well and he’s healthy we’ll have gotten to witness his greatness for over two decades. He’s already the best to ever do it in terms of putting the puck in the net (in my opinion) and we get a front row seat to watching his pursuit of what was long thought to be an unbreakable record while also trying to win another Stanley Cup. This is likely the zenith of this organization’s existence so if you can’t enjoy it, find something else to do with your time. It’s bananas.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yeah I love a good chart that adds ~240 goals to Ovi and removes ~230 goals from Gretzky, but these things are kinda phoney baloney for message board purposes only, their accuracy was never really the point.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

There is going to be an interesting back and forth thru the remainder of Ov's career between his GOATness and the other side saying he is a one dimensional player that isn't that good. The Crosby component will only add to that.

So...Who you got? DiMaggio or Williams? Magic or Bird? Mays or Mantle?

Reactions: koalabear9301

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Yeah I love a good chart that adds ~240 goals to Ovi and removes ~230 goals from Gretzky, but these things are kinda phoney baloney for message board purposes only, their accuracy was never really the point.
It adds about 105 goals for Ovechkin (see my post a couple above), and removes 136 goals from Wayne.

It's not 100% accurate, but it tells a MUCH more accurate story than raw goals do.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
It adds about 105 goals for Ovechkin (see my post a couple above), and removes 136 goals from Wayne.

It's not 100% accurate, but it tells a MUCH more accurate story than raw goals do.

yeah sorry I did the math in my head while sitting on the throne this morning, not that you needed that level of detail :)

Reactions: filinski77

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

REAL goals is the only story that ultimately matters. I appreciate the additional data, but don’t value it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad