Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Same stick marks that we have seen already on tv. That is the top hand on his stick and the one players behind him can reach. It is not the snap on his wrist or the shock absorber when he hits behind the puck for the stick whip on the one timer. Ov had 9 shots on goal the other night. He is fine

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Do your guys agree he is all-time caps best player?

ef8.jpg

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Congrats to Ovie on his 109th career GWG, tying Shanahan for 6th all time. He also ties Shanahan for the most ever GWGs by a LW.

Ovie's next GWG will tie him with Brett Hull and Selanne for 4th all time.

Ovie also ties Gary Suter for 31st all time in Powerplay points with 478.

Reactions: Silky mitts

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How good of a player are you when you score 51, 53, 50, 49, and 51 goals AND win SIX Richards and it is NOT considered part of your “peak”?

Not a criticism, just noting the insane standards people have for Ovechkin.

Ovechclutch

Aug 19, 2014
Toronto
How good of a player are you when you score 51, 53, 50, 49, and 51 goals AND win SIX Richards and it is NOT considered part of your “peak”?

Not a criticism, just noting the insane standards people have for Ovechkin.
His level of play during that time was unprecedented, and I'm not sure any player will ever match that intensity. It's really impressive how he has adapted his game and continued to play at an all-time great level despite his mileage.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
His level of play during that time was unprecedented, and I'm not sure any player will ever match that intensity. It's really impressive how he has adapted his game and continued to play at an all-time great level despite his mileage.

Just curious, but your username is Oveclutch but your avatar is cross eyed Kuzy? Does not check out :)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

For sure and I agree 100%. I just hate that people, even some here, consider 2012 to 2019, his decline or "down" years.

Ovechkin is a top five player in the NHL and if people don't understand that they don't understand what the absolute hardest part of the playing in the NHL is. And he is/was the undisputed best player at that for 14 plus seasons.

Hint: It's not being able to hold the puck against the boards for four seconds or making a pass across to a dman who passes again to someone who scores the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad