Player Discussion Alexander Ovechkin (Vol. 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I respect Crosby. That f***er is a generational player who happens to have a punchable face and sometimes does questionable things.

And now he cant even change the process of Ovi becoming top-5 all time (where previously many on HFB predicted Crosby top-10 and Ovi top-20 kinda relative positioning).

So its time to enjoy Ovi's doings and stop counting Crosby's assists. Altogether. Forever. It does not matter anymore.

There is no bad blood. Its all in the past.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Don't go to the Pens' board today's GDT, a lot of them are "but t hurt" with a few exceptions.

P.S/ Really? Can't say b u t t hurt? :huh:

Pens fans are in dinying phase right now. :laugh:

One guy posted some careful praise for Ovi and the first response was that it's because he's a well known steroid user. :laugh: You can't make this stuff up.

The mod in that thread did a great job in there cause there were some Penguin fans just posting stupid, libelous stuff. They deleted about twenty posts. :clap:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I never go read that nonsense, but wow....bitter bunch of ****s they are for as successful and lucky they have been as a franchise.

Yep. 4 Generational players drafted in 22 years. Tanked for two of them and got another under, shall we say, unusual circumstances.

They have zero reason to complain about anything. I hope they never win another Cup again. ;)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Close to a week now with no goals and he's not even an All Star anymore.

Loser.

Disagree.... He's winning!

alex-ovechkin-sergei-ovechkin-beach.jpg

PS I fully get the sarcasm and appreciate it :)

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ovie scores probably the easiest goal of his career and picks up an assist.

Passes Yzerman with his 693rd career goal and is one behind Messier now.

I also believe that Ovie is now the second highest goal scorer for one franchise. He trails only Gordie Howe who had 786 for Detroit.

Ovie is now the highest goal scorer in history for a player who has only played for one team in his career.

Last edited:

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ovie scores probably the easiest goal of his career and picks up an assist.

Passes Yzerman with his 693rd career goal and is one behind Messier now.

I also believe that Ovie is now the second highest goal scorer for one franchise. He trails only Gordie Howe who had 786 for Detroit.

Ovie is now the highest goal scorer in history for a player who has only played for one team in his career.

Worth repeating, we really are blessed to have him in DC and have him want to stay in DC his whole career. Thanks Ted, for creating an atmosphere where this is even possible.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Also, I know he has a ways to go to catch Gretzky, but I'd like to see all time goals after the age of 30 and see where he ranks on that list, how far he might be from tops overall on that list.

Gretzky got such a massive jump on the goal total in his early years, but his later years were far from super human. Ovi will catch Gretz with consistency from rookie to retirement, and leave all the other streaking comets who have hot early years, behind.

Found the list.

Ovi is already ahead of Gretz for goals past age 30, but he;s a LONG way from the top and a lot of names. He's 197 goals behind Howe for age 30+. He's 110 behind Selanne. Fun list to look at, some interesting names had solid finishes to their careers.

Edit: Fixed the stupid link :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Also, I know he has a ways to go to catch Gretzky, but I'd like to see all time goals after the age of 30 and see where he ranks on that list, how far he might be from tops overall on that list.

Gretzky got such a massive jump on the goal total in his early years, but his later years were far from super human. Ovi will catch Gretz with consistency from rookie to retirement, and leave all the other streaking comets who have hot early years, behind.

Found the list. <----------------------------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ovi is already ahead of Gretz for goals past age 30, but he;s a LONG way from the top and a lot of names. He's 197 goals behind Howe for age 30+. He's 110 behind Selanne. Fun list to look at, some interesting names had solid finishes to their careers.

Did I just get rick rolled here? :laugh::laugh::laugh: This is what I got when I clicked on "the list"

say-anything.jpg

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Worth repeating, we really are blessed to have him in DC and have him want to stay in DC his whole career. Thanks Ted, for creating an atmosphere where this is even possible.

Yes, it is a huge deal. To have a generational player like Ovie all to ourselves is amazing. :D

There will be another Crosby. There will be another McDavid. There will be another Malkin. However, there will never be another Ovechkin. He is unique. :thumbu:

Enjoy him while you can. I know I keep saying that but we’ll never see such greatness again when he finally hangs up his skates.

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

Found the list.

Edit: Fixed the stupid link :D
Also this from some Twitter dude but about 10 days old now.
90EAF364-22C4-4CCA-A9CB-ADE81C3A15FA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad