Alexander Kerfoot Discussion Thread

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He's making to many mistakes, taking to many penalties, cost the Leafs a goal in the last game, and while he did score in the last game it's not enough to make up for all his mistakes

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I have no problem with Kerfy. Seems like a good guy and he competes hard. Having him transition to a PKer has made him more valuable to us. That said, much the same as the guys we lost this off-season in trade, Kerfoot and his 3.5 make it seem likely he won't finish out his contract here

No doubt he, like kappy and johnsson, was signed to be traded. And the flat cap may have pushed up the timeline on that too. But no need to move him this year imo.

Reactions: Nylander88

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If it’s one thing Kerfoot is engaged in the play. Could do better for a #3C but could do worse.

My opinion is that tonight we got depth scoring but hasn't been able to drive that 3rd line or provide a reliable source of secondary scoring but if we had that, we become a substantially more threatening team. I look at what Tampa put together for the playoffs adding Coleman in with Gourde on that 3rd line, a lot of teams didn't have an answer.

While we could do worse, it does look like an area we could make an improvement upon.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
My opinion is that tonight we got depth scoring but hasn't been able to drive that 3rd line or provide a reliable source of secondary scoring but if we had that, we become a substantially more threatening team. I look at what Tampa put together for the playoffs adding Coleman in with Gourde on that 3rd line, a lot of teams didn't have an answer.

While we could do worse, it does look like an area we could make an improvement upon.

Kerfoot and Soup have been a bit snake but IMO .. Vesey while solid defensively hasn’t done much in two weeks offensively. Engvall looks good.

I think if you can upgrade on Vesey to a grittier and faster player with some offense that would help Kerfoot out.

I think Kerfoot is a guy that always wants you leaving more because he looks like a shifty, craft small skilled guy but doesn’t have those elite attributes to excel into a top 6 role.

Reactions: DarkKnight

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kerfoot and Soup have been a bit snake but IMO .. Vesey while solid defensively hasn’t done much in two weeks offensively. Engvall looks good.

I think if you can upgrade on Vesey to a grittier and faster player with some offense that would help Kerfoot out.

I think Kerfoot is a guy that always wants you leaving more because he looks like a shifty, craft small skilled guy but doesn’t have those elite attributes to excel into a top 6 role.

I don't think he has the attributes that necessarily translate to a 2-way match up guy either which is what Keefe seems to want on that 3rd line. Something has to give there.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Last year + this year:

Gourde: EV 12:02, 11gl/27pt pace --- PP 0:54, 1gl/6pt pace
Kerfoot: EV 12:58, 11gl/31pt pace --- PP 1:15, 1gl/4pt pace

Coleman: EV 13:32, 22gl/35pt pace --- PP 0:25, 1gl/3pt pace
Mikheyev: EV 13:19, 13gl/40pt pace --- PP 0:07, 0gl/0pt pace

Reactions: banks

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Last year + this year:

Gourde: EV 12:02, 11gl/27pt pace --- PP 0:54, 1gl/6pt pace
Kerfoot: EV 12:58, 11gl/31pt pace --- PP 1:15, 1gl/4pt pace

Coleman: EV 13:32, 22gl/35pt pace --- PP 0:25, 1gl/3pt pace
Mikheyev: EV 13:19, 13gl/40pt pace --- PP 0:07, 0gl/0pt pace

Taking a brief look at Coleman's run with Tampa to date, looked like he was trying to integrate with the team initially and found that chemistry in the playoffs where he had 13 pts in 25GP and this year he has 7 pts in 10GP (last year only 1 pt in 9 regular season games)

Gourde posted 14 pts in 25 playoff games and so far has 6 pts in 11GP.

Going off this year alone

Kerfoot has 6 pts in 14 games which is 35 point pace. Soup has 4 in 14 which is a 23 point pace over 82 games

Gourde: 6/11 x 82 = 45 pt pace
Coleman's 7 in 10 GP = 57 point pace.

Definitely seeing more from that Tampa duo.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Taking a brief look at Coleman's run with Tampa to date, looked like he was trying to integrate with the team initially and found that chemistry in the playoffs where he had 13 pts in 25GP and this year he has 7 pts in 10GP (last year only 1 pt in 9 regular season games)

Gourde posted 14 pts in 25 playoff games and so far has 6 pts in 11GP.

Going off this year alone

Kerfoot has 6 pts in 14 games which is 35 point pace. Soup has 4 in 14 which is a 23 point pace over 82 games

Gourde: 6/11 x 82 = 45 pt pace
Coleman's 7 in 10 GP = 57 point pace.

Definitely seeing more from that Tampa duo.

I mean, I think my stats are more relevant.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I mean, I think my stats are more relevant.

Most recent playoffs and the season to date seem like the place to look :)

Unless the numbers don't line up with the narrative you're going for...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Most recent playoffs and the season to date seem like the place to look :)

Unless the numbers don't line up with the narrative you're going for...

Not sure I've ever seen anyone judge offense off of one playoffs run and 12gms of regular season tbh.

Reactions: Albus Dumbledore

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Ilya mikheyev is still recovering from an injury that much is obvious, he hasn't been great but he's going to turn it up. Don't understand the hate.

Kerfoot needs more talent around him. He can clearly put up points when given bigger role. The wingers around him have changed so much this season. He needs some consistency. And if nothing playing good defence is an asset. Not easy to replace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad