Alexander Kerfoot Discussion Thread

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I am confused. Is Keefe playing Kerfoot as a winger or a center?
He’s much more effective on the wing, where he can generate better speed. He’s crap on the dot as well, nothing exceptional defensively, so the experiment as some sort of shutdown C always seemed an odd fit. He has some skill, leave him on the wing, it’s not an accident he suddenly looks better every time we do it.

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I am confused. Is Keefe playing Kerfoot as a winger or a center?

He's been a winger most recently. I think the upgrade in linemates/playing higher up in the lineup helps his game more than the move to wing.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Kerfoot has looked very good at both C and W this year.

He is a good player.

An exciting development, though, is that Engvall is also looking more and more like a potential 3C as well.
Pierre going into the corners
upload_2021-4-22_21-17-50.gif

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Non-PP Scoring

Kadri 44gms, 7gls/19pts
Kerfoot 47gms, 7gls/18pts
Every time I see this stuff, my first thought is go ask Avs fans if they want a do over and when they laugh you back here, you’ll know where your stat belongs. I mean let it go already.

That said, I’ve liked Kerfoot of late and nobody says he isn’t an NHLer. Good hustle and he’s been noticeable.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Kerfoot sticks out to me as the only player I would give away for free in the offseason.

He is our smallest Leaf, isn't really great offensively and is inconsistent defensively.
Not anyone I want on the PP, he is probably my 6th choice for PK forward.
You don't use him when you need a goal late, or to protect a lead late.
Is he a centre, is he a winger?

Just a guy making $3.5

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Every time I see this stuff, my first thought is go ask Avs fans if they want a do over and when they laugh you back here, you’ll know where your stat belongs. I mean let it go already.

That said, I’ve liked Kerfoot of late and nobody says he isn’t an NHLer. Good hustle and he’s been noticeable.

They have a thread on Kadri going right now.

Go read it.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Pretty sure their fans hope he’s exposed in the expansion draft

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Lmao.

That's you dodging.

Go read it.
Again, go posit my question. Nobody in their right mind argues the players are equal, except you and a few other Dubas cultists. I’ll leave you to it, it just reflects on your defects. Cheers, my bad for bothering, my issue.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Again, go posit my question. Nobody in their right mind argues the players are equal, except you and a few other Dubas cultists. I’ll leave you to it, it just reflects on your defects. Cheers, my bad for bothering, my issue.

Too scared to read it. Heh.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Non-PP Scoring

Kadri 44gms, 7gls/19pts
Kerfoot 47gms, 7gls/18pts

Summary: In order for Kerfoot to compare to Kadri, Kadri needs to have an off-season.

Even in a Kadri off-season he still paces 50 points with second line usage.

Bad Kadri is still better than good Kerfoot.

Also majority of that thread is about his age relative to what his new cap hit would be and having Newhook take over eventually. There's only like 1 troll and 1-2 guys indifferent to him overall. You're not the only one keeping tabs on our boy Kadri. Don't try to pull a fast one here.

Reactions: Duffman955

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah he’s been fine lately but no one in their right mind takes him over Kadri.
All good though, this team doesn’t need Kadri anymore.

Reactions: DarkKnight

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Kerfoot has looked very good at both C and W this year.

He is a good player.

An exciting development, though, is that Engvall is also looking more and more like a potential 3C as well.

Both badly need to improve on the face-off dot as part of their development to take that next step.

While Kerfoot gets bounced around in the corners a bit his speed and shifty-ness help open up gaps on the ice .. He brings some different elements than others in the bottom six

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Summary: In order for Kerfoot to compare to Kadri, Kadri needs to have an off-season.

Even in a Kadri off-season he still paces 50 points with second line usage.

Bad Kadri is still better than good Kerfoot.

Also majority of that thread is about his age relative to what his new cap hit would be and having Newhook take over eventually. There's only like 1 troll and 1-2 guys indifferent to him overall. You're not the only one keeping tabs on our boy Kadri. Don't try to pull a fast one here.

off-season? Why is it an off-season?

And yes - Kadri needs full 2nd line usage and top Pp usage to be a 50pt guy with bad defense.

And not one person on that thread wants Kadri back unless he takes a discount. Not one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->