Alexander Kerfoot Discussion Thread

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
off-season? Why is it an off-season?

And yes - Kadri needs full 2nd line usage and top Pp usage to be a 50pt guy with bad defense.

And not one person on that thread wants Kadri back unless he takes a discount. Not one.
Give Kerfoot second line usage and top PP on a good year and he probably only manages tying Kadri having a bad year and even then I wouldn't bet any money on it.

Also given our current circumstances Kadri is currently more useful than Kerfoot because our PP is costing us games and could potentially cost us a playoff series. So focusing on their ES points like you did doesn't actually give a fair comparison.

And agreed on last sentence. That goes for us as well.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Kadri-Kerfoot discussion ends with me based on kadri's playoff performance last year.

Dude is a lazy butt, however when motivated he is a great player to have on your team and a pain in the A$$ to play against. So a tough playoff performer. 28 points in 34 playoff games with 66 pims.
last year in the playoffs:
15GP
9 goals
9 assists
5 GWG

that is statue worthy if done in Toronto.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Summary: In order for Kerfoot to compare to Kadri, Kadri needs to have an off-season.

Even in a Kadri off-season he still paces 50 points with second line usage.

Bad Kadri is still better than good Kerfoot.

Also majority of that thread is about his age relative to what his new cap hit would be and having Newhook take over eventually. There's only like 1 troll and 1-2 guys indifferent to him overall. You're not the only one keeping tabs on our boy Kadri. Don't try to pull a fast one here.
Aside from Kadri’s two outlier seasons, this is pretty on par with who he is. Also this is also not kerfoot’s “best” season, hes had better looking years numbers wise in Colorado as here he’s tasked to fill a different role compared to in Denver. Not to mention he’s smarter on and off the ice, he’s cheaper & younger and can contribute in a bottom 6 role effectively and play PK. Naz requires a sheltered top 6 role with PP time in order to produce.

Reactions: stickty111

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Honestly really enjoyed Kerfoots game last night, got pucks deep, chased them down, was good defensively.

He's got surprisingly good wheels, he's not a sexy player in anyway, he won't stand out all the time, but i think he's great for the price and a good third line center.

Reactions: unitedstars87

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Honestly really enjoyed Kerfoots game last night, got pucks deep, chased them down, was good defensively.

He's got surprisingly good wheels, he's not a sexy player in anyway, he won't stand out all the time, but i think he's great for the price and a good third line center.

Not sure he is great for the price.
5th highest paid forward $1,250,000 more than 6th.
not our 5th best forward.

5 x Spezza's salary

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Not sure he is great for the price.
5th highest paid forward $1,250,000 more than 6th.
not our 5th best forward.

5 x Spezza's salary

Spezza could be getting paid a lot more but has taken a massive hometown discount in his pursuit of a cup, not really fair to compare the two.

Kerfoot is a good player, this board gets too hung up on the 3.5

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Kadri-Kerfoot discussion ends with me based on kadri's playoff performance last year.

Dude is a lazy butt, however when motivated he is a great player to have on your team and a pain in the A$$ to play against. So a tough playoff performer. 28 points in 34 playoff games with 66 pims.
15GP
9 goals
9 assists
5 GWG

To be fair, 6 of those goals are him cleaning up garbage in the crease on the PP. I don't know if that's a great trade off for him having a front row seat to the goals that knocked them out of the playoffs. The tying and game winning goals were off a Kadri turnover and then Kadri losing his man in front in OT.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
To be fair, 6 of those goals are him cleaning up garbage in the crease on the PP. I don't know if that's a great trade off for him having a front row seat to the goals that knocked them out of the playoffs. The tying and game winning goals were off a Kadri turnover and then Kadri losing his man in front in OT.
Yup. For some reason this doesn't get mentioned though.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

15GP
9 goals
9 assists
5 GWG

Let's put this in a little bit of perspective

Kadri did that last season, however the last 3 times he's been to the playoffs he's managed to get himself suspended twice

So I'm going to put it this way, when he plays he's a pain in the ass to play against however he's an idiot who can't keep his emotions in check and is a disaster as often as he's a help

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Had to dig deep to find this thread.

Let's give this man some props. He has stepped up with some key guys out. He continues to work his ass off and has been more effective so far in the playoffs.

I was never upset with the Kadri trade, and it's nice to see us getting some results from it.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Basically, the Leafs wound up with Kerfoot, Brodie, Rosen and Hutchinson for Kadri

Kerfoot and Brodie have been key players so far in this series, and Brodie was probably our best D during the regular season

Meanwhile, Kadri is doing what he does best during the playoffs, wearing a suit in the pressbox after getting his ass suspended for pure stupidity

Dubas did the right thing

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
Can't complain about him, I thought he was good for Colorado in the playoffs before we got him. Now if we had Kadri...

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
is he like pageau ?

super underwelming player during the season but hes been a horse in the playoffs.
a welcome surprise

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He never got enough credit for his play. He's been really good these playoffs. Not the most flashy and has a couple faults, but there is something about a player who can play all situations, centre and winger, and play effectively.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
One of the best games of his time with the Leafs.

He's always been quietly good. But really stepped up when needed most. Really liked his chemistry with Nylander (though they've had this for a while)

Folks should give him more credit.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I want him Mikheyev and Engvall to spend all off-season chained together practicing shooting and 2-on-1s 16 hours a day 7 days a week. Having a budget version of Pittsburgh's HBK line behind Matthews and Tavares would go a long way. I'd keep Kerfoot once Mikheyev and Engvall price themselves off the team too, maybe a touch cheaper if we can unless Brooks turns into something. He's a good option for bringing along Robertson/Amirov in sheltered minutes, he can cover defensively but he isn't a black hole like Nash.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If kerfoot could become an above 50% on the dot consistently I wouldn't mind keeping as a utility player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad