Alexander Kerfoot Discussion Thread

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Travis Boyd has as many goals and assists as Kerfoot in 4 games and a better +/-. Liked the signing and he is delivering. Can he slide up to #3C in the case we move Kerfoot ?

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
He’s next on the chopping block. In order to retain Hyman and or Freddy they need to free up some money unless Dubas decides to let Freddy walk

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I guess I'm in the minority but I think Kerfoot has been really effective this year. Not getting a lot of points yet but that should come once Mikheyev gets off the schneid.

Reactions: 02blkvert

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Boy is this guy Kerfoot great.

I love shifty players like him. Always competing and trying to make something happen. He's a GAMER.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Travis Boyd has as many goals and assists as Kerfoot in 4 games and a better +/-. Liked the signing and he is delivering. Can he slide up to #3C in the case we move Kerfoot ?
Easily Dog. He’s a better player. I liked the signing too. Boyd does it all and his game has so e jump and edge to it. Thats only new for Leaf fans. The guy plays a awesome game in the botton 6. I hope they bring him back.

Last edited:

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
There's no possible way we can keep Kerfoot around with his lack of production and salary of 3.5M. He doesn't bring much else to justify that salary.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
What the hell did Kerfoot do that the refs call him for these nothing calls and he is allowed to get pounded head first into the boards with out a call.

Did he sleep with one of their wives?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There's no possible way we can keep Kerfoot around with his lack of production and salary of 3.5M. He doesn't bring much else to justify that salary.
If we don’t trade him. Would you protect him in the expansion draft? It’s really funny because i just started liking his game. I think he is playing his best hockey since being here haha I couldn’t stand him and soon as i like his game everyone is hating on him. Is it just because i said he’s ok..... :) Kidding, but he’s been good. I’m not saying he’s worth what he makes or fits our cap. He’s just playing his best now is all I’m saying

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What the hell did Kerfoot do that the refs call him for these nothing calls and he is allowed to get pounded head first into the boards with out a call.

Did he sleep with one of their wives?
It’s the crest on the front not the name on the back :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Boyd's pretty dang good offensively for sure.
He looks good all over three zones. Dubas signed a guy that he will keep signing and Keefe won’t have much of any other idea than play him more. He’s just solid bottom 6 guy. I hope he plays more. I wouldn’t expect the scoring rate but he could be a 30-40 point 200 foot player getting 12-14 minutes and not hurt you.

Reactions: zeke

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
He looks good all over three zones. Dubas signed a guy that he will keep signing and Keefe won’t have much of any other idea than play him more. He’s just solid bottom 6 guy. I hope he plays more. I wouldn’t expect the scoring rate but he could be a 30-40 point 200 foot player getting 12-14 minutes and not hurt you.

I'm with you. I liked the upside on him when we signed him and so far he's looked pretty dang good. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a look with Willy and Tavares tonight.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I'm with you. I liked the upside on him when we signed him and so far he's looked pretty dang good. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a look with Willy and Tavares tonight.
I didn’t think that when going over the lines but i agree

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It was nice to see him score against his hometown team tonight. You could tell his teammates were happy for him.

When Kerfoot first got here I was kind of pleasantly surprised at how good he looks from an eye test perspective. Handled the puck clean when he’s motoring around on the ice, can get up the ice in a hurry. But he also had long stretches last year where he didn’t do anything.

If you mixed his ability to skate with the puck between the hashmarks with Tavares touch and instincts below the hashmarks, you’d have a very interesting top six player. The way he’s wired though he kind of gets lost in high scoring areas and doesn’t have much finishing ability.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
He's a pretty solid NHL player and has done pretty steadily good this year. But I still want him off this team like yesterday. I wish Dubas hadn't traded Naz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad