Alex Nylander

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i think nylander will fill kahuns production from last year and hinos from the year before

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I'm pretty sure Nylander will put up more than 37 points. Particularly if he's stapled to T&K the entire season.
ok. im not as optimistic about him sticking with them. i think they will eventually get a puck retriever on that line like shaw, caggiula. I could also see kubalik or saad riding shotgun too. i dont think if hes on 2nd and 3rd line is crazy to say around 40 points. hell he hasnt gotten over 28 points in pro hockey yet.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
ok. im not as optimistic about him sticking with them. i think they will eventually get a puck retriever on that line like shaw, caggiula. I could also see kubalik or saad riding shotgun too. i dont think if hes on 2nd and 3rd line is crazy to say around 40 points. hell he hasnt gotten over 28 points in pro hockey yet.

but if he does stick with them then yes i would certainly take the over.
Nylander seems like one of those players who shines when playing with high-level talent.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Nylander will easily outproduce Kahun and Hino.
I probably regret replying to this post but...
You gotta be kidding, right?.

Prior to NHL, Kahun played 218 pro games in Germany , scored 57 goals, 110 assists, 167 points.
Nylander has so far played 188 pro games in NA, scored 33 goals, 58 assists, 91 points.
- OK sure, those are just statistics, i'll give you that and AHL > DEL

Kahun scored 13 goals and almost 40 points last season for Hawks in his first season in the NHL.
Nylander has played total of 19 games and has scored 6 points, it is his 4th try for the NHL.
- and just in case someone mentions Alex's age...their age difference is exactly 2 years and 8 months. (not big)

How the bloody hell is Nylander suppose to easily outproduce Kahun????

I'm super happy if Nylander gets to play 30+ games this season and scores 10 goals.
- that would mean he is actually developing and he still has hope, maybe becomes a useful 2-way 3rd liner
who scores 10-15 goals and 30 points, he has size to do it

---

But hey, anything can happen, i wish best for his career and that above is only my opinion
thou, i did post facts, hard cold career numbers of production, that-should-count-for-something

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
2+ years at 20-21 is huge. Kahun was entering prime again during his first year.

Scoring wise Kahun did most of his scoring in the top 6. Nylander is more talented than Kahun so it is realistic to think that he will put up more points in the same situation. Just like Kahun was playing top 6 minutes in the DEL. Nylander was used all over the line up (mistake) and we all know the Sabres are not very good at development.

I get your doubt but Nylander has looked like a better player than Kahun did last year in the preseason so far.

maybe becomes a useful 2-way 3rd liner

This is a laughable comment but maybe it is phrased wrong.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Prior to NHL, Kahun played 218 pro games in Germany , scored 57 goals, 110 assists, 167 points.
Nylander has so far played 188 pro games in NA, scored 33 goals, 58 assists, 91 points.

Kahun scored 13 goals and almost 40 points last season for Hawks in his first season in the NHL.
Nylander has played total of 19 games and has scored 6 points, it is his 4th try for the NHL.
- and just in case someone mentions Alex's age...their age difference is exactly 2 years and 8 months. (not big)

I'm super happy if Nylander gets to play 30+ games this season and scores 10 goals.
- that would mean he is actually developing and he still has hope, maybe becomes a useful 2-way 3rd liner

---

But hey, anything can happen, i wish best for his career and that above is only my opinion
thou, i did post facts, hard cold career numbers of production, that-should-count-for-something

You also have a terrible bias towards him that you've showed since the Hawks acquired him.

If you have watched him so far in scrimmages, and preseason games, I'm not sure how you can say he'll be lucky to get to 30 points and become a useful two-way, 3rd liner...

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

---

AHL > Germany

Reactions: ChiHawks10

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

---

Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Have you watched the preseason games? It seems the Hawks are not only going to give Nylander an opportunity, but a golden one. He'll be on PP2, also. I take Nylander over Kahun and Hino, all day, every day. Massive talent upgrade, even Ray Charles can see it.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
is

---

Who do you think you're kidding?
It doesn't sound like you "wish the best for his career" at all.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Have you watched the preseason games? It seems the Hawks are not only going to give Nylander an opportunity, but a golden one. He'll be on PP2, also. I take Nylander over Kahun and Hino, all day, every day.

It sort of is, where else you'd "mirror" it to if not to his past performance? Sure, its not always 1+1=2 but...
the number of players who have defied the odds... not many.

Yes i have and to my eyes, he has had only little improvement how he has played as a pro in the NA so far.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
is

Who do you think you're kidding?
It doesn't sound like you "wish the best for his career" at all.

Why so?. Just because you say it? . Ah, you don't think i'm sincere?, honest.
Well, you think what ever you think, you have the right. I can only say that i am, choose to believe it or not.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
It sort of is, where else you'd "mirror" it to if not to his past performance? Sure, its not always 1+1=2 but...
the number of players who have defied the odds... not many.

Yes i have and to my eyes, he has had only little improvement how he has played as a pro in the NA so far.
Yours are the eyes that had Matthews topping out as a third or fourth liner with a hundred career goals. You’re a biased observer, and therefore your posts are biased. It’s difficult to take your opinions seriously sometimes. This is one of those times.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Well. opinions i suppose.

Rockford bound. Already has already 168 games in the AHL, AHL career continues.
Probably gets 2 or 3 looks up, if and only if he is factoid player for IceHogs first.

Hawks have way better F prospects coming what A Nylander

Kubalik > Nylander
Dach > Nylander
Saarela > Nylander
Kämpf > Nylander
D Sikura > Nylander
Kurashev > Nylander

And others as well, who are coming later after the upcoming season(s).

What happened to... players should not get their spots for free without proving themselves.... you know...earning your spot and all.
- I get it that you don't think that, per say, you just say Colliton will probably do this.

Alexander Nylander has not earned a top 6 spot, why should he be automatically put to 1st or 2nd line???.
His AHL performance has been weak so far. Olofsson for example was miles ahead of him in every way last season
and now he (Olofsson looks like a lock for Sabres roster from the get go. - Nylander didn't impress me at the camp either

Alexander Nylander is just not good enough player to play with likes of Toews,Kane,Strome,DeBrincat.

PS. this is not an attack towards Nylander, nor do i hate one of the Hawks players
nor does it make me a not a fan, or some BS like that. - this is my honest (like always) valuation of him as a talent
/ hockey player, for me he just is not good enough, he is like his brother but bigger minus the talent/skill

Because Alex Nylander is not good enough / interesting enough player to talk about??? :sarcasm:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" WORST TRADE EVER

Nylander is shit. Not even AHL level prospect where as Jokiharju is a 1st pair RD.... what the ****** f*** were you thinking Stan!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockford just got a meh of a prospect, that's all. Won't play a single game for the Hawks. 100%

I've seen his AHL stuff, he is a 100% bust, soft as hell, doesn't produce goals nor points, less than .5ppg player in the AHL in a 1st/2nd line role(168 games).

Seems like a bit of a Finn bias to me. Opinions are fine. Biased ones are not.

I mean... look at these posts... :laugh:

All while Nylander had never even put on a Hawks jersey yet.

Just the fact that you think he has no talent... screams bias.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yours are the eyes that had Matthews topping out as a third or fourth liner with a hundred career goals. You’re a biased observer, and therefore your posts are biased. It’s difficult to take your opinions seriously sometimes. This is one of those times.

Says who???? What is this BS again????? I already replied to this BS elsewhere. What the heck this is all about????

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Seems like a bit of a Finn bias to me. Opinions are fine. Biased ones are not.

You see them biased, you have the right for this opinion i guess.

Why see them as biased? Finn vs Swede thing?. Oy-vey. i might be about 40
but not my generation, that Swede hate was part of my fathers generation.
- btw. i speak almost fluent Swedish and i have plenty of relatives who are Swedes and Swede Finns
living in Sweden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad