Alex Nylander

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Time for his own thread (goodbye Joker).

Assuming he's in a top 6 role (which is a lock, IMO), I think he'll thrive offensively: 20 goals, minimum, expect 25. The real question is how will he fare defensively? Not expecting greatness, but definitely expect a commitment to being a 2 way player.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Time for his own thread (goodbye Joker).

Assuming he's in a top 6 role (which is a lock, IMO), I think he'll thrive offensively: 20 goals, minimum, expect 25. The real question is how will he fare defensively? Not expecting greatness, but definitely expect a commitment to being a 2 way player.

well some sabres fans have indicated that he actually has a pretty good two way game....

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Rockford bound. Already has already 168 games in the AHL, AHL career continues.
Probably gets 2 or 3 looks up, if and only if he is factoid player for IceHogs first.

Hawks have way better F prospects coming what A Nylander

Kubalik > Nylander
Dach > Nylander
Saarela > Nylander
Kämpf > Nylander
D Sikura > Nylander
Kurashev > Nylander

And others as well, who are coming later after the upcoming season(s).

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Probably gets 2 or 3 looks up, if and only if he is factoid player for IceHogs first.

Kubalik > Nylander
Dach > Nylander
Saarela > Nylander
Kämpf > Nylander
D Sikura > Nylander
Kurashev > Nylander

Rough offseason of posts for you. Take a breather.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Kubalik > Nylander
Dach > Nylander
Saarela > Nylander
Kämpf > Nylander
D Sikura > Nylander
Kurashev > Nylander

No bias in this post. :sarcasm: LOL

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago

Kubalik > Nylander
Dach > Nylander
Saarela > Nylander
Kämpf > Nylander
D Sikura > Nylander
Kurashev > Nylander

Fun fact: Nylander has more NHL goals than Sikura.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Kubalik > Nylander
Dach > Nylander
Saarela > Nylander
Kämpf > Nylander
D Sikura > Nylander
Kurashev > Nylander

Lay off the stuff, George.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Kubalik > Nylander
Dach > Nylander
Saarela > Nylander
Kämpf > Nylander
D Sikura > Nylander
Kurashev > Nylander

:laugh:

Is it 5pm there?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Just give the kid every opportunity to succeed like we did Strome and see what happens. I’m excited to see what he can do.
He seems to have a pretty decent one timer so putting him on his off side with Kane and Toews might be the best bet. Find some open ice and the puck will be on a platter for you from Kane.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

Kubalik > Nylander
Dach > Nylander
Saarela > Nylander
Kämpf > Nylander
D Sikura > Nylander
Kurashev > Nylander

I will take A. Nylander's two NHL goals over D. Sikura's zero.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
This makes you a Sikura hater, according to his HF fan club.

There is a middle ground between fanboy and hater, you know.

I would like to see him given a chance to carve a 4th line role out because I think it's something he could do very well with his high compete level. However, if after 10-15 games he's not playing well and performing then ship him down to Rockford for eternity.

If we don't give him the chance to be a 4th line winger, who do you suggest we give that opportunity to instead?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

I would like to see him given a chance to carve a 4th line role out because I think it's something he could do very well with his high compete level. However, if after 10-15 games he's not playing well and performing then ship him down to Rockford for eternity.

If we don't give him the chance to be a 4th line winger, who do you suggest we give that opportunity to instead?

There's tons of competition for the 12th and 13th forward spots. I love that no one's going to get a season long free pass, because we don't have a viable replacement.

Yes, Sikura should get first dibs on one of those spots. However, the clock is ticking. Am sure he knows it.

Reactions: RayP and ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
There's tons of competition for the 12th and 13th forward spots. I love that no one's going to get a season long free pass, because we don't have a viable replacement.

Yes, Sikura should get first dibs on one of those spots. However, the clock is ticking. Am sure he knows it.

Yep, with a guy who plays with the level of effort he does I definitely have high hopes he can make it. But if not? Tough shit. Who is next in line?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Chris Kunitz...

tumblr_pii6roarEd1xkok61o1_400.jpg

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

A big-body like Perlini, for example, who can move up and down the line-up, like Saad during the 2013 run or some of the big and fast kids on the Blues last season. Like I said before, I simply don't see a spot on the roster for someone like Sikura, even before the acquisition of Nylander (who's no lock himself). If Stanley & Co. were so sure of Sikura even as a depth piece, they wouldn't have acquired yet another forward in Nylander for HJ; they would have traded for a defenseman instead.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
A big-body like Perlini, for example, who can move up and down the line-up, like Saad during the 2013 run or some of the big and fast kids on the Blues last season. Like I said before, I simply don't see a spot on the roster for someone like Sikura, even before the acquisition of Nylander. If Stanley & Co. were so sure of Sikura even as a depth piece, they wouldn't have acquired yet another forward in Nylander for HJ; they would have traded for a defenseman instead.

You acquire Nylander to be a top 6 guy. Sikura is a 4th liner. The two don't really have anything to do with each other.

Perlini with his effort issues isn't a good 4th line option either and not really direct competition with Sikura IMO.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
You acquire Nylander to be a top 6 guy. Sikura is a 4th liner. The two don't really have anything to do with each other.

Perlini with his effort issues isn't a good 4th line option either and not really direct competition with Sikura IMO.

I don't see Sikura's fit as a 4th-liner. Therein lies the problem with him on the roster, even as a 13th forward. Does he PK? I don't think he did last season. IMO, he needs to "adapt" (aka change) his game to get a roster spot. Somehow I don't see that. I think his closest competition for a roster spot is Cagguila.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad