Alex Nylander

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You see them biased, you have the right for this opinion i guess.

Why see them as biased? Finn vs Swede thing?. Oy-vey. i might be about 40
but not my generation, that Swede hate was part of my fathers generation.
- btw. i speak almost fluent Swedish and i have plenty of relatives who are Swedes
living in Sweden

You never saw the guy play in a Hawks jersey. I'm pretty sure you probably didn't see much of him in the AHL, because those games aren't going to be televised that much, and I highly doubt you purposely watched Buffalo AHL streams... and had already made up your mind about him.

You screamed about him being talentless, yet it's obvious to anyone with eyes, that he oozes talent. That says... bias.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I liked Kahun while he was here, but no, Nylander over Kahun easily (at least offensively speaking). That doesn't mean I think trading Joki for AN was a good trade or that I think Nylander will be a top line guy, but I do see more talent in his game than I do with Kahun's.

George, you've had more issues with the Nylander trade than any of us, and a lot of us are still not happy with the trade. So you saying anything to denounce Nylander will be considered by most here as you talking out of your ass. If you looked at things more objectively, you still might not like Nylander or that trade, but you won't need to bitch and complain about it all the time to the point we're all facepalming over your posts.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
You never saw the guy play in a Hawks jersey. I'm pretty sure you probably didn't see much of him in the AHL, because those games aren't going to be televised that much, and I highly doubt you purposely watched Buffalo AHL streams... and had already made up your mind about him.

You screamed about him being talentless, yet it's obvious to anyone with eyes, that he oozes talent. That says... bias.

Didn't ooze talent in Buffalo nor in Rochester, where's the "ooze" that you described, all of the sudden coming from.

I haven't watched live AHL games much, maybe couple or few in my life via livetv.sx, i have watched pretty much every single game highlight video of pretty much every team in the NHL/AHL, you name it, that goes for the entire CHL as well, for many many years. (i have pretty much no life, so i have nothing but time, sometimes i do have a job, most of the time, i'm unemployed)

I attend to watch as much as live games that i can during NHL season , not just Hawks games (FYI just because i'm not online
and not attending the GDT's, doesn't mean i'm not watching those games, most of the Hawks games come middle of the night where i live, so excuse me not wanting to stair at my computer screen at 2 am or 4 am)

Now, one can't see a whole lot of everything from highlight videos, but you can see a lot of key things of key players
and what i have seen, Alexander Nylander has not been any special, and BTW. he did not appear a lot in those videos.

Also, Olofsson alone, out played Nylander last season in almost every single Rochester game
and is now projected to take a top 6/ top 9 spot from the Sabres line up.

* I also watch lots of games later, in the morning or afternoons. ( i don't have the strength to wake up every night to watch hockey)

Last edited:

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Whatever happens i just hope he doesnt need to be stapled next to Kane/Toews to produce.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
If he stays on T&K's line and remains injury free, 50 points is the floor and I expect ~63.
ohh i didnt know we had qualifiers in this prediction. i guess i will say if he is not stapled to kane and toews and misses minimal games he will get 41 points.

skinner, barzal, johanson production is a lot in my opinon

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
ohh i didnt know we had qualifiers in this prediction. i guess i will say if he is not stapled to kane and toews and misses minimal games he will get 41 points.

skinner, barzal, johanson production is a lot in my opinon

It is a lot. Needless to say, I'm long Nylander. Based on what's transpired thus far, I have no reason to change my view.

Kid has mad skillz and seems very, very motivated. Walking into a fairy tale situation.

Reactions: Cowch

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Didn't ooze talent in Buffalo nor in Rochester, where's the "ooze" that you described, all of the sudden coming from.

I haven't watched live AHL games much, maybe couple or few in my life via livetv.sx, i have watched pretty much every single game highlight video of pretty much every team in the NHL/AHL, you name it, that goes for the entire CHL as well, for many many years. (i have pretty much no life, so i have nothing but time, sometimes i do have a job, most of the time, i'm unemployed)

I attend to watch as much as live games that i can during NHL season , not just Hawks games (FYI just because i'm not online
and not attending the GDT's, doesn't mean i'm not watching those games, most of the Hawks games come middle of the night where i live, so excuse me not wanting to stair at my computer screen at 2 am or 4 am)

Now, one can't see a whole lot of everything from highlight videos, but you can see a lot of key things of key players
and what i have seen, Alexander Nylander has not been any special, and BTW. he did not appear a lot in those videos.

Also, Olofsson alone, out played Nylander last season in almost every single Rochester game

* I also watch lots of games later, in the morning or afternoons. ( i don't have the strength to wake up every night to watch hockey)
IMO, much to the dislike of fans, some guys simply just don't want to play for the team they are heading toward or, alternately, feel they have been mishandled by an organization. Obviously this can backfire on players, but I believe Nylander fits into the "had no interest in playing for Buffalo" category. On top of that, a large part of the game is mental. Take for example that his brother being in a massive hockey market and him having to be a sabre could have significantly weighed him down.

It's silly to deny the talent of any top 10 pick, but after the draft, it's almost 100% mental state and drive to succeed. You mention the stats and highlights that you can see, but what is visual simply won't tell the entire story. Others have mentioned how good he looks in the preseason, and to me, his stick has really stood out and I'm actually confused how his numbers have been as bad as they have been. It really seems like he has had almost zero motivation to this point in his pro career, and hopefully we're getting the top 10 pick version of Nylander.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
IMO, much to the dislike of fans, some guys simply just don't want to play for the team they are heading toward or, alternately, feel they have been mishandled by an organization. Obviously this can backfire on players, but I believe Nylander fits into the "had no interest in playing for Buffalo" category. On top of that, a large part of the game is mental. Take for example that his brother being in a massive hockey market and him having to be a sabre could have significantly weighed him down.

It's silly to deny the talent of any top 10 pick, but after the draft, it's almost 100% mental state and drive to succeed. You mention the stats and highlights that you can see, but what is visual simply won't tell the entire story. Others have mentioned how good he looks in the preseason, and to me, his stick has really stood out and I'm actually confused how his numbers have been as bad as they have been. It really seems like he has had almost zero motivation to this point in his pro career, and hopefully we're getting the top 10 pick version of Nylander.
don't care, and I will keep saying this every time you post - GREATEST f***ING AVATAR EVER!!!

Reactions: Cowch

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This kid seems like a totally different player than the one buffalo fans described. Already seems like a great fit with the top skill guys
So what was the issue in Buffalo? I remember some people in Buffalo questioning his motor. Is the culture in Buffalo that toxic?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
So what was the issue in Buffalo? I remember some people in Buffalo questioning his motor. Is the culture in Buffalo that toxic?

well they've drafted top ten every year for how long and still suck? probably not the best org at developing players

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I remember hearing 12 months ago how ROR was a cancer in the Buffalo lockeroom. Dude looked like a completely different player as soon as he got to St. Louis and ended his season with a Conn Smythe.

A losing culture can be tough to shake without strong leadership in place.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I remember hearing 12 months ago how ROR was a cancer in the Buffalo lockeroom. Dude looked like a completely different player as soon as he got to St. Louis and ended his season with a Conn Smythe.

And is why Hawks need badly to get back into the playoffs. Losing is probably the worst habit a team can have ....and multiple seasons outside looking in digs a hole that is difficult to climb out of. If Hawks miss the playoffs again this time around that is exactly where we are at.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Mike Johnson alluded to this on NHLN. Paraphrasing: ‘Players know when they are on a team that has a chance and they know when they aren’t.’ That explains why ROR flipped the switch when he joined St. Louis. And it explains why the rest of their team did the same after Binnington arrived and fixed the goaltending issue.

The Hawks need to get everyone on the same page that the team can be competitive and do damage this year. If the enthusiasm from the guys that have won here isn’t there, malaise sets in quickly.

It’s no different for fans that have watched this team for decades. We know what it’s like to dine on steak and when there’s hamburger sitting on the plate, genuine optimism and excitement just isn’t there.

Right now the Hawks need a groundswell of talent coming together to recapture the mojo they once had. This was clearly the intention behind all of the additions this offseason. The players need to look around the ice and believe it otherwise it isn’t going to galvanize the team as a whole. Now, even if that doesn’t materialize, it doesn’t excuse certain players from showing it on an individual level. Players like Nylander need to be showing it to establish their careers in the same way Cat and Strome showed it last year. That seemed to rub off on Kane, Keith and Toews and reinvigorate them in the second half. There isn’t any coach or system that is going to overcome that human element.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ HOPEFULLY NOT but: If the effort we have seen in preseason is all there is then JC and staff must be questioned as motivators. Right now it looks like the same country club we have seen in the past.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
George and Swedes don't mix at all.
it isn't just Swedes...check out his posts that are getting brought up in the Jack Hughes Prospect thread- he called Auston Matthews barely a 3C at the NHL level and would play 900 NHL games with 450 points lol...not even joking, it is there..Matthews went against super Fin Laine that year for the draft, so hence the horrific posts by Leafer there..just sad..screw it, save you some time see below...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

you must have watched Matthews as much as well...another Leafer gem..

upload_2019-9-26_16-42-39.png

I think we should ignore your posts about players in general...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad