Alex Nylander

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Scott Powers in record as neither Dach or Boqvist makes the Hawks out of camp this season.

I think this is the smart bet.

The other smart bet is that Nylander will get his chance to prove himself in the show. BUT if he blows the opportunity and does not justify a top 9 wing role then Stan will nerd to bitectge bulleit and admit his gamble did not pay off. IFNylander busts and HJ becomes something g reliable and productive in Buffalo then the arrows from fans will come out for Stan for such a dumb move..

Essentially,Nylander takes a spot that was beforehand earmarked for Sikura.

Is Sikura waived exempt if they send him down?If we lose him and he then be ones a player elsewhere in the show plus if HJ beco es a player helping impact in Buffalo and if Nylander fails his test in Chicago then that would be even a bigger disaster dorcStan...so a lot is riding on Nylander becoming at minimum a useful top 9 regular.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So Scott Powers in record as neither Dach or Boqvist makes the Hawks out of camp this season.

The other smart bet is that Nylander will get his chance to prove himself in the show. BUT if he blows the opportunity and does not justify a top 9 wing role then Stan will nerd to bitectge bulleit and admit his gamble did not pay off. IFNylander busts and HJ becomes something g reliable and productive in Buffalo then the arrows from fans will come out for Stan for such a dumb move..

Is Sikura waived exempt if they send him down?If we lose him and he then be ones a player elsewhere in the show plus if HJ beco es a player helping impact in Buffalo and if Nylander fails his test in Chicago then that would be even a bigger disaster dorcStan...so a lot is riding on Nylander becoming at minimum a useful top 9 regular.

Who hacked HF50?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The prospect of Dach/Boqvist not starting the season in Chicago, Nylander making the team and replacing Sikura certainly provides food for thought. Perhaps it reflects the mindset that it is VERY important for the team to get off to a good start this season and Hawks can't afford to fart around.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Big bust, amirite? (fully expecting a healthy dose from the caution police, lol)

And, yeah, I understand that it's a little too early to pencil him in as a Calder candidate (or is it? lol).

Wish Joker the best, but hoping this turns out like a Strome-like fleecing.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Big bust, amirite? (fully expecting a healthy dose from the caution police, lol)

And, yeah, I understand that it's a little too early to pencil him in as a Calder candidate (or is it? lol).

Wish Joker the best, but hoping this turns out like a Strome-like fleecing.
No longer Calder eligible.

But Kubalik on the other hand...

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
No longer Calder eligible.

You sure about that?

Eligibility: To be eligible for the Calder Memorial Trophy, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league.

He played in 12 games last season and less than 6 games in each of the two preceding seasons.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Stan will admit to making a mistake? I doub we will ever see that day lol, heck if one of his Stans admit he made a mistkake that will be glorious day... lol

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Think he’ll be in the lineup again against Detroit tonight?

I do, my guess is he will play on Toews wing tonight and then does not play the 3rd game. IMO, Nylander has already made the club so he will play on the wing where he will start the year tonight and then get time off.

Reactions: Kurtosis

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Any, even if admission is made its followed by but I understand why bla bla bla...

Oh I thought you were talking about something specific.

What do you think Bowman would say about the Seabrook deal? (off the record) Do you think he would say he regretted it?

People understand why he can't just come out and admit bad deals or contracts, right? (not directed at you specifically)

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Thought some people were proposing that part of the reason, or is it excuse, for trading HJ was that he'd be exposed in the expansion draft, or take up a protected spot. So there would be a real possibility of losing HJ for nothing. note - I'm not real knowledgeable when it comes to the expansion rules, just repeating what some other posters suggested.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Thought some people were proposing that part of the reason, or is it excuse, for trading HJ was that he'd be exposed in the expansion draft, or take up a protected spot. So there would be a real possibility of losing HJ for nothing. note - I'm not real knowledgeable when it comes to the expansion rules, just repeating what some other posters suggested.

Teams can protect 8 skaters and a goalie or 7 forwards, 3 defensemen and a goalie. Most teams go the 7-3-1 route. Players with NMCs are automatically protected. So the Hawks will have to protect Keith and Seabrook, leaving 1 spot open for another defenseman. That said, teams can and do work out deals with the expansion team. For example, the Hawks could ask Seattle not to take any of their defensemen or to select a certain one and receive a mid round pick or prospect in exchange.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Oh I thought you were talking about something specific.

What do you think Bowman would say about the Seabrook deal? (off the record) Do you think he would say he regretted it?

People understand why he can't just come out and admit bad deals or contracts, right? (not directed at you specifically)

I mean what’s wrong with “we have not been perfect, a few mistakes were made along the way but we are trying to learn from them and get back to the winning formula, we want everyone to be involved and get better individualy to improve as a team, etc.

There is no shame in somehting like that, I don’t think he regrets much if you ask me.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I mean what’s wrong with “we have not been perfect, a few mistakes were made along the way but we are trying to learn from them and get back to the winning formula, we want everyone to be involved and get better individualy to improve as a team, etc.

There is no shame in somehting like that, I don’t think he regrets much if you ask me.
I'm pretty sure he has said stuff like that in the past.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I don't disagree. There is nothing wrong with admitting you've made mistakes.

I am fairly sure he is on the record saying that he has lost trades to be honest. Not a huge number of times but I am 99% sure he and the Hawks have said this.

I know for a fact that they have said "“we have not been perfect, a few mistakes were made along the way but we are trying to learn from them and get back to the winning formula, we want everyone to be involved and get better individually to improve as a team, etc.".

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
so what are everyones projections for Nylander if he stays

A) hitched to Toews on the top line without Kane and second PP
B) hitched to Toews and Kane on the top line and second PP

I am thinking:

A) 18G, 30 A
B) 25G, 39 A

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
so what are everyones projections for Nylander if he stays

A) hitched to Toews on the top line without Kane and second PP
B) hitched to Toews and Kane on the top line and second PP

I am thinking:

A) 18G, 30 A
B) 25G, 39 A

Not going to make a points prediction (think yours are reasonable though), but I believe Nylander will be hitched to T&K all season. And by the middle of the season, we'll be lauding Bowman for another Strome-like coup.

Finally, I think the adversity Nylander faced with Buffalo only helps him (and the team).

Reactions: Bring Back GLR

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County

k0v89zi6_tmbxs9_ciopvx.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad