Prospect Info: Alex Nylander (2016, 8th) – '17-18: Rochester #92 (AHL)

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
To be fair, Nylander has had much more development up to this point than Casey had last spring and looks about as good as he (Alex) did during the preseason where I thought he was clearly better than both Thompson and Mittelstadt. It's still a small sample size, but I can see him being much more productive next year in purely a scoring role as a winger than Casey was this year

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Another snipe tonight

4 points in 3 games.

Very small sample size. Doubters ready to eat crow?

He's a top 9 forward, maybe top 6. I never even liked the good Nylander. Too soft. This little show is just going to get kid moved out. He's not Jason's B's guy and now he's establishing some value. GMJB will offer him up, let's hope it's not for just magic beans. The kid does have some talent -- don't be scared to move but don't O'Reillyed. Can we make a verb out of that yet?

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
That better be a damn good player coming back. Alex is gonna be somewhat like his brother, he’s going to need to put up points to be productive but he’s showing he’s going to do that and I’ll take that. He looks like Steelheads Nylander over Rochester right now.

Reactions: Grinder81

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Next season, if Skinner comes back.

Skinner-Eichel-Nylander

Sheary-Reinhart-Olofsson

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Thompson

Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo

Deal?

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Next season, if Skinner comes back.

Skinner-Eichel-Nylander

Sheary-Reinhart-Olofsson

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Thompson

Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo

Deal?

holy cream puff lineup! Teams will just hit us hard and we fold again. Same as this year.

Need a LOT of toughness

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
holy cream puff lineup! Teams will just hit us hard and we fold again. Same as this year.

Need a LOT of toughness
I always say that.We need guys like Sam Bennett.Tough two way players.Everytime I mention someone like that people want the cream puffs then get mad when Eichel gets manhandled

Reactions: Goathead

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
He's a top 9 forward, maybe top 6. I never even liked the good Nylander. Too soft. This little show is just going to get kid moved out. He's not Jason's B's guy and now he's establishing some value. GMJB will offer him up, let's hope it's not for just magic beans. The kid does have some talent -- don't be scared to move but don't O'Reillyed. Can we make a verb out of that yet?

Why would Botterill trade him after this good of a start ? Remember Botterill doesn’t give up on players and in Nylanders case he is being very productive and is looking more and more like the Steelheads Nylander opposed to the Nylander the last few years

Reactions: Mitts888

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Trading Alex Nylander would be a hugeee mistake. JB would get robbed in any deal. He tends to undervalue his players and gets s* returns. (look no further than a late first, 2 cap dumps, and Tage Thompson for Ryan F'n O'Rielly who I knew could be a PPG player and I posted as such)

His value is nowhere near his potential. Nylander's an interesting player, he plays best with other high hockey IQ, high skill players. Surprised by Alex's work ethic, he hustles, first man back on the back-check. Yes, hitting simply is not his game but he's excellent with his stick.

Nylander is a legit NHL player.

Play him with Eichel and Nylander's a PPG player or better within a few years, archive my prophetic post. He's that good.

I honestly don't trust JB at all to trade talented prospects. In fact it somewhat frightens me. If he trades Nylander for a second and two cap dumps he officially has gone full Chiarelli....

Please JB, NEVER... Go full Chiarelli

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Please JB, NEVER... Go full Chiarelli

So is that don't trade an high-level NHL performer for culture reasons? 'Cause Botts already made that mistake.

If this is a showcase of sorts for Nylander, fine. He's come up and looked like he can skate at this level, produced points and not been an active drain on his linemates. That's all to the good if the team shops him or if the team keeps him - either way, it's of a benefit to us all, fan and team alike.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
This guy's is gonna have a career based on how good he will be on the half wall on a PP.

I like Jack in that spot, but I think Jack can to on his strong side to and be more of a passer then shooter on the PP.

Nylander - Reinhart - Skinner
Dahlin - Eichel

How on earth was Tage Thompson here all season over Alex.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
This guy's is gonna have a career based on how good he will be on the half wall on a PP.
His two goals were just elite by itself, what a f***ing shot this guy has.
Eichel one side, Alex the other, then Oloffson on PP2

Ridiculous!

Nedo801

Jul 13, 2017
His two goals were just elite by itself, what a ****ing shot this guy has.
Eichel one side, Alex the other, then Oloffson on PP2

Ridiculous!

I never thought it was his sniping that would stand out when got called up. But as you say...those 2 goals shows that he has a sick release.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara

I like Jack in that spot, but I think Jack can to on his strong side to and be more of a passer then shooter on the PP.

Dahlin - Eichel

I love his play right now. Very excited he got the call up and is showing his ability. Top 6 winger next season easily.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Mittelstadt was ppg in his short stint last season during meaningless games. Careful here with the projections

Reactions: Reddawg

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Dahlin - Eichel

If he doesn’t help us at 5v5 play, we don’t need him. Personally, I don’t care how he does on the PP too much. If that’s where he puts all his numbers up, I’d prefer to trade him in the offseason for someone more consistently reliable

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Mittelstadt was ppg in his short stint last season during meaningless games. Careful here with the projections
Nylander will be 21 going into next season. Ya I’m gonna pencil him into our top 6 like all the other 30 NHL teams do with their high skilled players.

He’s playing wing not Center.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Nylander will be 21 going into next season. Ya I’m gonna pencil him into our top 6 like all the other 30 NHL teams do with their high skilled players.

He’s playing wing not Center.
I’m not saying he can’t pot 20. I’m saying careful with the PPG on eichels wing projections. Yes I agree he has an easier job on wing. I wanted Mittelstadt to play wing this season, but the ROR trade and Berglund not playing center resulted in otherwise.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
I’m not saying he can’t pot 20. I’m saying careful with the PPG on eichels wing projections. Yes I agree he has an easier job on wing. I wanted Mittelstadt to play wing this season, but the ROR trade and Berglund not playing center resulted in otherwise.
I’m with you, I’m not expecting PPG at all. He can easily score 20 tho next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad