Player Discussion: Alex Killorn

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
I think Killorn is gone over the summer. Big playoffs... value is at an all time high

I've thought that all season, but maybe not after the playoffs he has had.

My rationale was that I remember Erne really impressed the team in the last two camps since he's been drafted and might sneak on the roster next year as that power forward we need. As well as Vladdy having to be in the roster, seemed like the most expendable guy.

JS91

May 14, 2014

Man, I'm starting to like Killorn even more with comments like these. Hopefully he keeps taking reasonable contracts, I'd love to have him in our team for a long time as a 3rd liner who can play 1st line minutes in the playoffs if necessary.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
No post about Killorn tonight?

This guy had one of the most needed goals of the season. A cheapo goal, thrown at the net. That's what it takes to beat some of the legends.

Hard working. Earns top-6 minutes. Rarely a bad shift.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No post about Killorn tonight?

This guy had one of the most needed goals of the season. A cheapo goal, thrown at the net. That's what it takes to beat some of the legends.

Hard working. Earns top-6 minutes. Rarely a bad shift.

Killorn has turned it on an extra gear or two. There is no question about it. Been doing it since the Detroit series.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Killutch?

Yeah. He's always seemed to turn it up a notch in the big pressure moments. The playoffs as a whole, apparently, are no exception. He's been phenomenal, pretty much from the start of the post season.

One thing that has come out in these playoffs is that this guy can really shoot the puck. I know Coop has brought that up before, but after a while of not seeing it, you figure it's Coop being Coop. Killorn might not be Stamkos or Kucherov, or even Johnson, but he seems to be just straight up beating goalies with shots. Not tonight, but in general.

Great game, great series, great playoffs.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
those livewire videos and some of the better times having players mic up has worked...I would kill to be able to hear games where all the players were mic'd up, then their mics all synced up dependent on who is on the ice. Wish we could get more immersive perspectives like that.

Also, more on topic, Killorn is not afraid, not ever.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
those livewire videos and some of the better times having players mic up has worked...I would kill to be able to hear games where all the players were mic'd up, then their mics all synced up dependent on who is on the ice. Wish we could get more immersive perspectives like that.

Also, more on topic, Killorn is not afraid, not ever.

As long as there is a PK Subban filter. His voice is too high pitched.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
Do Lightning fans think the team has enough cap space to keep Killorn long term? All three players on the TKO line are due for a big raise, same with Hedman when his contract expires. If Drouin becomes as good as advertised he'll be due for a big raise as well. Would they be able to fit in Killorn as well?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Do Lightning fans think the team has enough cap space to keep Killorn long term? All three players on the TKO line are due for a big raise, same with Hedman when his contract expires. If Drouin becomes as good as advertised he'll be due for a big raise as well. Would they be able to fit in Killorn as well?

We've discussed it lightly in http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1899631

I originally thought we'd have to give him up, but I don't know how we let him go any time soon with how much he's elevated his game this PO. I'm inclined to say we keep him somehow.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
We're going to lose Kucherov before we lose Killorn.

Why? Mainly because Killer has mixed well with a multitude of players, Kucherov could mix well with others but he's going to get paid far more.

Needless to say, Killer has been a hell of a surprise these PO's.

P.S. Cooper ain't gettin rid of him, he needs another lawyer to talk legal speak to after practice ;)

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We're going to lose Kucherov before we lose Killorn.

Why? Mainly because Killer has mixed well with a multitude of players, Kucherov could mix well with others but he's going to get paid far more.

Needless to say, Killer has been a hell of a surprise these PO's.

P.S. Cooper ain't gettin rid of him, he needs another lawyer to talk legal speak to after practice ;)

I doubt we lose kucherov with vasy and vladdy here! stevie will find a way to sign kucherov.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i was going to start a thread on most improved player and coming out party player

i have no words on how wrong i feel i have been on killorn

i always said he would never be more then a 0.5 player which is fine but for what we have coming probably not vital core

some nights in these playoffs besides being the most improved player on the team he has actually imho been our best player that is mind boggling to me

hats off to him i now look at him as core moving forward and think am happy he is now playing on top line

not saying dont want drouin on top line but this kid has game and has a much better shot and takes more shots then I thought he could

what an effort and maturity in a short amount of time

happy for us and for him that he came out of litterally to me no where to be a star which he is becoming a star great to see

go mr killer we really need you to continue to grow into the star you are showing us you can be

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i was going to start a thread on most improved player and coming out party player

i have no words on how wrong i feel i have been on killorn

i always said he would never be more then a 0.5 player which is fine but for what we have coming probably not vital core

some nights in these playoffs besides being the most improved player on the team he has actually imho been our best player that is mind boggling to me

hats off to him i now look at him as core moving forward and think am happy he is now playing on top line

not saying dont want drouin on top line but this kid has game and has a much better shot and takes more shots then I thought he could

what an effort and maturity in a short amount of time

happy for us and for him that he came out of litterally to me no where to be a star which he is becoming a star great to see

go mr killer we really need you to continue to grow into the star you are showing us you can be
My mom ran into feaster with his beard he said he was glad he drafted Killorn. He is really happy to see Killorn doing well in Tampa.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Always loved Killorn, and was hoping he'd be an odd man out of sorts with all the young forwards you guys have. He'd make a great Devil.

I guess that ship has sailed, with the playoffs he's having. Good for him, and good for you guys.

Thanks for beating NYR :)

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Killer leads all Lightning forwards with a 20:16 TOI/GP average. Closest is Palat at 19:11 and Filppula at 18:56.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Always loved Killorn, and was hoping he'd be an odd man out of sorts with all the young forwards you guys have. He'd make a great Devil.

I guess that ship has sailed, with the playoffs he's having. Good for him, and good for you guys.

Thanks for beating NYR :)

That ship may come back to port when the rest of the roster has to get paid. Really depends on how much of a raise he's looking at.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
That ship may come back to port when the rest of the roster has to get paid. Really depends on how much of a raise he's looking at.

Yeah, you may get a shot at acquiring him yet.

Big, big win for you guys last night. Congrats. I've got $170 riding on you guys :)

Can you give me more information about Killorn's contract status? When does it expire, and what type of money can you gauge he'd be looking for? What type of return would you be seeking?

Killorn is a guy I would pay handsomely for, contract-wise. Please don't scare me off with the asking price ;)

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Big, big win for you guys last night. Congrats. I've got $170 riding on you guys :)

Can you give me more information about Killorn's contract status? When does it expire, and what type of money can you gauge he'd be looking for? What type of return would you be seeking?

Killorn is a guy I would pay handsomely for, contract-wise. Please don't scare me off with the asking price ;)

Next season is his last year on his current contract. Next contract is RFA. 2.7m salary this year, 2.55m cap hit. With the way he's elevated his play this year in the postseason it would be fairly difficult to convince us he needs to be moved until we actually see the other young guys getting signed to their UFA contracts.

Signing priority I would guess is likely:
Stamkos
Hedman
Johnson
Kucherov (he's still on his ELC, so I'm guessing he gets a good contract for all but 1 RFA year)
Palat
Killorn

Drouin we can take along slowly so I don't see a need to consider him in that list yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad